Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspenders wrote: View Post
    Thoughts about Lowry apparently demanding a trade if an extension wasn’t signed?

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1850544
    All water under the bridge now. But I'll be honest - I don't see him being here in 2 years anyways, so this would've been fine. We would get a higher draft pick and still be ready for 2 years when we want to get Giannis.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

He hit shots but can he play the point? Those are two different things. I love Fred, I think he brings a lot to the table. But he struggles on the ball a fair amount and he's not the best PnR playmaker. Those are pretty valuable skills for point guards in today's NBA. If we can find a ball-dominant shooting guard... it would work. If not, I'm not sure it will.
      We don't need him to play the point in Nurse's system. We just need him to hit shots because the ball will swing.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post

We don't need him to play the point in Nurse's system. We just need him to hit shots because the ball will swing.
        Ball movement works up to a point, in the regular season. In the playoffs, at key moments, you need players who can create advantages off the dribble for themselves and their teammates.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Ball movement works up to a point, in the regular season. In the playoffs, at key moments, you need players who can create advantages off the dribble for themselves and their teammates.
          I think the Raptors have a couple of those. Maybe more. Health will be important this year.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post

All water under the bridge now. But I'll be honest - I don't see him being here in 2 years anyways, so this would've been fine. We would get a higher draft pick and still be ready for 2 years when we want to get Giannis.
            I don't know. I think this opens the possibility of him signing a long term deal at a major discount. This a win win signing. Lowry get's paid. We get a serviceable PG for another year who comes off the books exactly when we want him too. We will still have his bird's rights (I think). That way we can go after a Max player in 2021 and then sign Lowry for his farewell contract. Guy retires a raptor.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post

I don't know. I think this opens the possibility of him signing a long term deal at a major discount. This a win win signing. Lowry get's paid. We get a serviceable PG for another year who comes off the books exactly when we want him too. We will still have his bird's rights (I think). That way we can go after a Max player in 2021 and then sign Lowry for his farewell contract. Guy retires a raptor.
              I'm not a big fan of giving players more money just because you were a great player to the club, BUT the exception is if they won a championship for you - which Lowry did.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Worked okay against the Rockets. He specifically made a point of initiating action early in the shot clock. And Pascal brought it up a bit. Freddy got 5 assists, 5 rebounds and 3 steals to go along with his 16 points, against 2 TOs, all in 28 minutes. Good start to the preseason.
                I watched the highlights. Seemed to play the point really well yesterday (today?).

Comment

• Hmm

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

I watched the highlights. Seemed to play the point really well yesterday (today?).
                    Pleased with Fred so far. Hope it continues. He may have turned a corner from the ball pounder we knew before.

Comment

• yeah if Masai gets a good deal for Lowry I can't see him not choosing long term betterment of the team.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        yeah if Masai gets a good deal for Lowry I can't see him not choosing long term betterment of the team.
                        It's just so hard to envision a good deal happening. Who out there a) is competing and would pay a good price for Lowry, b) has the ability to salary match for Lowry's contract, and c) also has draft assets to send our way to make any deal worthwhile?

I'm having a hard time finding even a single candidate. It was much easier and still very difficult in the off-season when teams had cap space.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

It's just so hard to envision a good deal happening. Who out there a) is competing and would pay a good price for Lowry, b) has the ability to salary match for Lowry's contract, and c) also has draft assets to send our way to make any deal worthwhile?

I'm having a hard time finding even a single candidate. It was much easier and still very difficult in the off-season when teams had cap space.
                          Minny is the only team I can think of. They traded Butler (who was on an expiring contract) for Saric/Covington and a 2nd rounder.

Lowry is on a 2 year contract now and is a bonafide winner. Lowry for Covington/Teague and a FRP?

Salary is off by $4M. So may to add a body on either side. Like we take Dieng, they take Norm.. Shed a year off our books for 2021 by doing that.

Minny is a win now club that needs playoff revenue.. but in a tough, tough conference. Lowry may hate it though. That pick could end up in the lottery even with Lowry.

Otherwise Miami could be another option.

Lowry for Dragic/JJ and a FRP?

Would prefer a young asset like Herro as well but I doubt Miami parts with him this early.

I can't really see another team out there. Detroit perhaps?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Also there's this underlying assumption that "the Raptors lost Kawhi so they probably want to bail on this veteran core at some point" - which we don't really have any indication that Masai plans on doing. Quite the opposite, the Lowry deal seems to line up staying competitive until summer 2021 as Plan A.

That just to say - the deal would really have to be worth the Raptors' while to change course from Plan A. This isn't a fire sale situation.

And like you say, who has the need + the assets to swing Ujiri to a different path?
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Miami would def be interested in Lowry I think. They're sneaky close to challenging for the east final imo I like their squad.. Lowry would be a big upgrade on Dragic who himself is actually pretty underrated

that said, I dont wanna trade Lowry. We also have an outside at the east final and from there anything can happen
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Miami would def be interested in Lowry I think. They're sneaky close to challenging for the east final imo I like their squad.. Lowry would be a big upgrade on Dragic who himself is actually pretty underrated

that said, I dont wanna trade Lowry. We also have an outside at the east final and from there anything can happen
                                Yeah, but Miami has the same problem every other team that really makes a lot of sense for Lowry has - hard to match salary, and even if they do, really hard to get enough value from them. So many teams have significant draft pick debts right now, and the teams with all the picks won't be on the market for veterans.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X