No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure how good Dejounte Murray is and if he's healthy after sitting out all of last season, but would the Spurs be interested in Lowry for Murray and whatever needed to make it work? The core of that teams isn't young and if they want to make a run in the West they are better off with a vet like Lowry than will Murray running the show while still learning the ropes.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      I'm not sure how good Dejounte Murray is and if he's healthy after sitting out all of last season, but would the Spurs be interested in Lowry for Murray and whatever needed to make it work? The core of that teams isn't young and if they want to make a run in the West they are better off with a vet like Lowry than will Murray running the show while still learning the ropes.
      I like Murray.. so I'd be on board. But ultimately the Spurs would have to put a $30M+ package together to make the numbers work. Will be hard to do that unless they want to give us someone like Aldridge, DeRozan (lol) or Gay.. and even then Gay only makes about $14M, so they'd have to expand the package.

If Murray signs an extension he can't be traded this year. He's also a Klutch client apparently which could sour things for Masai and the Raptors (not sure if it would).

I'm sure Lowry would love to go to SA, but I don't see how we can make it work. He just makes too much money.

Comment

• Murray is the best young piece on San Antonio. They're not gonna get rid of him. But Lowry-Derozan-Carroll-Gay would be a hilarious starting lineup. Dwane Casey wet dream reunion
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Murray is the best young piece on San Antonio. They're not gonna get rid of him. But Lowry-Derozan-Carroll-Gay would be a hilarious starting lineup. Dwane Casey wet dream reunion
          And Aldridge to replace JV.. which would be Christian's wet dream

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

At least we'd know what their result would be..win 50 games....win the first round in 7 (losing game 1 of course), then lose to Lebron James in 4 in round 2

Comment

I'm not sure how good Dejounte Murray is and if he's healthy after sitting out all of last season, but would the Spurs be interested in Lowry for Murray and whatever needed to make it work? The core of that teams isn't young and if they want to make a run in the West they are better off with a vet like Lowry than will Murray running the show while still learning the ropes.
              I was curious about a trade there too, after looking at the trade machine it seems difficult. I dont think they have fully updated salaries, but I dont think SA has the contracts to make it work. Id love to get one of those young guards though.

I think at least one of the vets gets moved unless we overachieve, itll be interesting to see what type of assets Masai goes for.
              Last edited by DogeLover1234; Fri Oct 11, 2019, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I like Murray.. so I'd be on board. But ultimately the Spurs would have to put a $30M+ package together to make the numbers work. Will be hard to do that unless they want to give us someone like Aldridge, DeRozan (lol) or Gay.. and even then Gay only makes about $14M, so they'd have to expand the package.

If Murray signs an extension he can't be traded this year. He's also a Klutch client apparently which could sour things for Masai and the Raptors (not sure if it would).

I'm sure Lowry would love to go to SA, but I don't see how we can make it work. He just makes too much money.
                Not sold on Murray, at all. A PG or SG who can't shoot 3's in today's NBA is not even worth the effort of trying to paper around. Even Eric Bledsoe, who is a borderline all-star was just shaky enough as a shooter to allow the Raps to sag off him and provide help on the league MVP. Up to that point, the Bucks looked pretty much invincible and were steamrolling the league.

Comment

Murray is pretty much untouchable. No way they trade him, specially for Lowry lol.

I don't think people realizes how good Murray is. He's like a Westbrook clone. If he can add a jump shot....watch out.
                  Last edited by The Great One; Fri Oct 11, 2019, 06:23 PM.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Christian's my guy. Whatever happened to him?
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Traded to the spurs and grizzles equivalent of RR.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

He plays in San antonio now and doesnt post here much

Comment

• Christian was never high on JV, he said he liked him as a teammate but bashed him whenever he had a bad game. That's what I remember of him. It was him, TRex "TheGreatOne", special1 and one other DD club member I can't remember now and yeah, he was your guy, those were the days... Biggest stat backed JV fans were danh, Matt52 (RIP), puffer(?), so yeah, two of three are still here.
                          Last edited by RandomGuy; Mon Oct 14, 2019, 07:42 AM.
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Kyle released a great column in the tribune today

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...oronto-raptors

One thing I know for sure is that just winning a championship won’t fulfill you. It doesn’t feel like the end of a journey.

Instead it pushes you. Because now it isn’t this dream or idea — now you know what it takes, and you know how it feels to get there. And once that happens, all you want is to do everything in your power to feel it again. That’s what’s driving me this year. That’s what got me up early to head right back to the gym a week after our parade.

We’re going to be looking forward to Ring Night. No question about that. But once that banner gets raised to the rafters, we won’t be looking up at it too long. All the focus will be on getting another one. Because that one isn’t going anywhere. It’s staying right there.

Only one thing matters: We the champs.

Last month, I brought the Larry O’Brien trophy back to my house. At one point both of my sons were playing with it. My younger son, Kam, was running and jumping around the trophy, putting his fingerprints all over it. And my older son, Karter, was just sort of looking at it in amazement. Like, How is this thing here with us right now in this moment?

One day, when he’s a bit older, I’ll tell him how it got here. It’s a long story. But it’s a great story. And no matter what, one fact will never change.

Toronto Raptors, NBA champions.

Kyle Lowry, NBA champion.

That’s forever.

Comment

• Man, give that guy any contract he wants, I want him on my team

Comment

• “Don’t matter. We still the champs.”

I love you Kyle
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X