Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    I can't even envision how good this team will be once Lowry is back.
    More importantly; even more motivation to keep Lowry's minutes down makes unable to think about how good this team could be come playoff time.

I previously thought 2nd round exit seemed most likely but now? I'm starting to think bigger.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
      More importantly; even more motivation to keep Lowry's minutes down makes unable to think about how good this team could be come playoff time.

I previously thought 2nd round exit seemed most likely but now? I'm starting to think bigger.
      This is like the oilers winning the cup the year after Gretzky left.

Comment

• Is there a Lowry vs FVV for who should start thread yet? It's coming right?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Is there a Lowry vs FVV for who should start thread yet? It's coming right?
          Nurse already said that Powell is coming off the bench.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

This is like the oilers winning the cup the year after Gretzky left.
            Kyle Lowry is basically Mark Messier, that's a great comp actually
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Nurse already said that Powell is coming off the bench.
              I wonder how long he can go with that starting back court? Just not enough size against the bigger teams that have talent at those positions.

Comment

I wonder how long he can go with that starting back court? Just not enough size against the bigger teams that have talent at those positions.
                We'll found out probably by the Philly game. I don't see Lowry missing that as it will be in Philly. And Philly has the largest starting unit in the entire league right now.

Comment

I think you ride with that group until like Game 3 or 4 of the Finals and then decide if you need to make adjustments.

Comment

Defensively, we could see some slippage.

Comment

I don't have any real reason to believe he won't but I hope he just slides back in seamlessly without dropping the team momentum since Norm and Fred's role will change again. You can't ever be net-negative for having Lowry back but we'll likely see more of bad Norm again

After hearing Kyle this morning, I had a bad flashback to him saying "I don't need to adjust to the team, they have to adjust to me ...."

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post

An argument could be made for any of the Raps, Sixers, Bucks or Chowders being out in the first round or making the ECF/Finals.
                        Just the way it is now.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Kyle Lowry is basically Mark Messier, that's a great comp actually
                          Kyle should guarantee a W lol

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Defensively, we could see some slippage.
                            Historically there is little to support that theory. Lowry even at half speed is a more impactful defender than Norm.

Any slippage would likely, IMO, come from a) Serge's return to the lineup, he's always been over-hyped as a defender, and b) a harder upcoming schedule.

But also, any defensive slippage should be more than made up for on offence. Will be nice to get Siakam and FVV some easier offence.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The margin between winning and losing is so slim, any of the top tier team's have a shot at the chip this year.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I don't have any real reason to believe he won't but I hope he just slides back in seamlessly without dropping the team momentum since Norm and Fred's role will change again. You can't ever be net-negative for having Lowry back but we'll likely see more of bad Norm again

After hearing Kyle this morning, I had a bad flashback to him saying "I don't need to adjust to the team, they have to adjust to me ...."
                                Norm has a +4 on-court net rating on the season. +3.5 in the past 10 games. With or without Lowry here Norm is not likely to be a big driver of success.

And Fred's role changing is a) a good thing and b) no guarantee, they want him to stretch into that role, and thankfully Lowry can play off ball too so no real concerns there. If anything Lowry might be able to save Fred from those disastrous stretches where he's out there with the bench.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X