Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Kyles going to have a pretty good shot at an All NBA team this year. No steph, Kyries on the verge of missing to many games (if he doesn't just take the season off). thats already 2 open spots. Westbrook may not get the love being a number 2 to Harden. Kemba and Harden are the only guards i would 100% say are on the All NBA teams right now.
    Harden, Doncic, Lillard, and Kemba are locks. Kyle has a chance. I'd give a slot to him and one of the Bucks guards.. probably Middleton.

Comment

Kyles going to have a pretty good shot at an All NBA team this year. No steph, Kyries on the verge of missing to many games (if he doesn't just take the season off). thats already 2 open spots. Westbrook may not get the love being a number 2 to Harden. Kemba and Harden are the only guards i would 100% say are on the All NBA teams right now.
      Kyrie's going to declare himself mysteriously injured for much of the season

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Harden, Doncic, Lillard, and Kemba are locks. Kyle has a chance. I'd give a slot to him and one of the Bucks guards.. probably Middleton.
        Ya i forgot about Doncic. I was just looking at past All NBA teams and trying to look for open spots. Luka,Kemba, Harden will get it barring them missing lots of games. Lillard has good number but i wonder how many time a guy whose team doesnt make the playoffs get All NBA. I would hedge to call him a lock if they are out of the playoffs. leaves 2-3 spots. Lowry, Middleton, westbrook who else after that? Kyle should have the inside track at another 3rd team
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Ya i forgot about Doncic. I was just looking at past All NBA teams and trying to look for open spots. Luka,Kemba, Harden will get it barring them missing lots of games. Lillard has good number but i wonder how many time a guy whose team doesnt make the playoffs get All NBA. I would hedge to call him a lock if they are out of the playoffs. leaves 2-3 spots. Lowry, Middleton, westbrook who else after that? Kyle should have the inside track at another 3rd team
          I'm not sure how much making the playoffs matters. If it doesn't than guys like Trae, Booker and Beal may have a shot too. Kemba did make it last year and the Hornets were out of the playoffs.

Also I would assume they put Jimmy in the "forward" category even though he's playing point for the Heat. If not, than he's a shoe in as well.

I personally don't think Russ should make it. The Rockets are 100% built around Harden.

Comment

I'm not sure how much making the playoffs matters. If it doesn't than guys like Trae, Booker and Beal may have a shot too. Kemba did make it last year and the Hornets were out of the playoffs.

Also I would assume they put Jimmy in the "forward" category even though he's playing point for the Heat. If not, than he's a shoe in as well.

I personally don't think Russ should make it. The Rockets are 100% built around Harden.
            Ya it be tough to make the case for bottom feeders like trae and beal. Booker may grab one to suns finish top 10 then? If the want to reward winning donovan might get a look as well.

Comment

• List of player who averaged 20 ppg and 7 assts at age 33 or older
              Lebron James
              Larry Bird
              Gary Payton
              Lenny Wilkens
              Kyle Lowry

End of list

Comment

List of player who averaged 20 ppg and 7 assts at age 33 or older
                Lebron James
                Larry Bird
                Gary Payton
                Lenny Wilkens
                Kyle Lowry

End of list
                Yeah I've been hearing some variation of "Kyle Lowry will be on the decline soon" or the "the way he plays he gets injured too much and will decline soon" since he was 28. What came instead was 5 all-star games, olympic medals, an ECF, and an NBA championship.
                Last edited by inthepaint; Sun Jan 5, 2020, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Yeah I've been hearing some variation of "Kyle Lowry will be on the decline soon" or the "the way he plays he gets injured too much and will decline soon" since he was 28. What came instead was 5 all-star games, olympic medals, an ECF, and an NBA championship instead.
                  His scoring and assist rates are both close to his career highs.

Comment

• Heard this mentioned on the broadcast tonight.. and yeah they're right. Vilanova is retiring Kyle's college number:

Comment

• Well deserved wont be the last time either... Villanova has had a long line of PGs making the nba in recent years and i think the success of kyle/ his financial contributions to the program and Jay wright ability to point to Kyle and say look what happens when you buy into the program has a had a huge impact

Comment

Heard this mentioned on the broadcast tonight.. and yeah they're right. Vilanova is retiring Kyle's college number:

it's great for kyle but strikes me as a little bit odd unless they're retiring all four of the guards that were the identity of those teams. kyle was a key contributor along with nardi, but foye and allen ray really did the heavy lifting.

they all had full careers there too while kyle left after his sophomore. i know kyle made other contributions like donate shitloads of money though.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

it's great for kyle but strikes me as a little bit odd unless they're retiring all four of the guards that were the identity of those teams. kyle was a key contributor along with nardi, but foye and allen ray really did the heavy lifting.

they all had full careers there too while kyle left after his sophomore. i know kyle made other contributions like donate shitloads of money though.
                          Ding ding ding, we have a winner

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Ding ding ding, we have a winner

Sure, that’s all well-documented. But the fact that the guy continues to be heavily interested and involved with the program, on top of now being an NBA Champion and the GROAT... I think it’s silly to call into question his legitimacy here.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Sure, that’s all well-documented. But the fact that the guy continues to be heavily interested and involved with the program, on top of now being an NBA Champion and the GROAT... I think it’s silly to call into question his legitimacy here.
                              That's exactly what I'm saying...he's retired because of his post college contributions to the school, and his name recognition now after all his accomplishments. It has very little to do with his villanova athletic performance, where as it was said, randy foye was the better college player
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

That's exactly what I'm saying...he's retired because of his post college contributions to the school, and his name recognition now after all his accomplishments. It has very little to do with his villanova athletic performance, where as it was said, randy foye was the better college player
                                This is basically the equivalent of a very rich person giving a sizable charitable donation and getting a hospital wing named after them. Just think of it as "The Kyle Lowry Ob-Gyn Clinic."

Comment

Working...
                                X