No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or celebrities getting honorary degrees. The whole thing is fundamentally self-serving on the part of the college/university. They attach themselves to some high quality name recognition by handing out prizes that cost them nothing.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Or celebrities getting honorary degrees. The whole thing is fundamentally self-serving on the part of the college/university. They attach themselves to some high quality name recognition by handing out prizes that cost them nothing.
      For sure. That said, it’s my impression that Kyle credits a great deal of his talent, growth and skill as a basketball player and as a person to Jay Wright and the program at Villanova, and again, that’s perfectly legitimate that they should feel comfortable taking come credit in that, and subsequently celebrating/honouring him.

Maybe I’m wrong but I’m sensing some cynicism widely here on this...

Perhaps my glasses are rose coloured.

Comment

• Groat!!
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Congrats to Number 7
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• For those still unwilling to relinquish the GROAT crown to Lowry
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Congrats GROAT. Keep building that hall of fame resume!

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Also, easy to forget just how good of a playmaker Calderon was. Sublime quarterbacking skills. This record took Lowry a long time.

Comment

• It can’t be said enough what a f*n national treasure Kyle is for this team. It’s such a cliché but it really is in the stuff you can’t see. You just have to focus on him all game. Matt Thomas comes in and can’t get a shot off anywhere. Kyle makes sure to find him. If a player misses an open shot, Kyle will make sure to get them the next shot. The other team makes a wide open three and he rushes back to do the same killing any momentum. I think it was Teague who had an open break off a turnover. Kyle runs back and manages to cause a blown layup. On a Tuesday in January with a 17 point lead.
                  It is truly a luxury to have a guy who could score 25 points every night but is more concerned with making his team succeed rather than looking for his own shot.
                  Congratulations Kyle. We’re lucky to have you here.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    It can’t be said enough what a f*n national treasure Kyle is for this team. It’s such a cliché but it really is in the stuff you can’t see. You just have to focus on him all game. Matt Thomas comes in and can’t get a shot off anywhere. Kyle makes sure to find him. If a player misses an open shot, Kyle will make sure to get them the next shot. The other team makes a wide open three and he rushes back to do the same killing any momentum. I think it was Teague who had an open break off a turnover. Kyle runs back and manages to cause a blown layup. On a Tuesday in January with a 17 point lead.
                    It is truly a luxury to have a guy who could score 25 points every night but is more concerned with making his team succeed rather than looking for his own shot.
                    Congratulations Kyle. We’re lucky to have you here.
                    He's under appreciated by the casual fan. Most still think Derozan was the better player. One day he'll be gone, and some will remember him as we do, others, not so much..

Even amongst NBA circles, you can tell who the casual analysts are. A guy like Shaq or Tracy McGrady or something might not appreciate Kyle and think he's overrated, while guys like Zach Lowe can't stop praising him

(I'm not saying Shaq or T Mac are dumb, just that they probably don't watch a ton of league pass or dive deep into the stats)

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

For those still unwilling to relinquish the GROAT crown to Lowry
                      It's just such a dumb question to ask Carter. Why the media is always trying to stir shit up is insulting to the players.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

It's just such a dumb question to ask Carter. Why the media is always trying to stir shit up is insulting to the players.
                        Vince is #4 anyway

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

What's he going top say "I still think it's me but y'all can have your own opinions"....

One thing I know for sure, Lowry is the polar opposite of "quit on his team"

Comment

• HOFer.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

What's he going top say "I still think it's me but y'all can have your own opinions"....

You know Vince doesn't think its Lowry, LOL. Vince thinks its Vince, Kawhi thinks its Kawhi, and Demar thinks its Demar

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Let it go. It's 2020. Get rid of some of that anger and hatred out of your system.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X