No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If someone told you in 2015 Vince was still playing, an ex laker from the 2010 champions is dead, and the Toronto Raptors would be NBA champions

you would say damn lamar odom never got off the drugs, and neither did you, if you think the raptors win a championship

life is crazy
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      If someone told you in 2015 Vince was still playing, an ex laker from the 2010 champions is dead, and the Toronto Raptors would be NBA champions

you would say damn lamar odom never got off the drugs, and neither did you, if you think the raptors win a championship

life is crazy
      I actually had this thought the other day. If someone came from the future and said the raptors won their first championship the year before Kobe Bryant passed away it would have made complete sense to think we finally reached the mountaintop in 2050.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Let it go. It's 2020. Get rid of some of that anger and hatred out of your system.
        No anger
        No hate
        No letting it go
        No forgetting

It's 2020, take his half-man-half-quitter poster off your wall

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

You know Vince doesn't think its Lowry, LOL. Vince thinks its Vince, Kawhi thinks its Kawhi, and Demar thinks its Demar
          Very true. Maybe not DeMar, he'd think he's number 2 and be fine with it lol

Comment

• Agree with Kyle 100%

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• "Two-time NBA champion and 11-time All-Star Chris Bosh did not make the finalist cut for the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2020."

Soooooo if Chris Bosh can't make the hall of fame - I don't see how Kyle does?! Only 6 all star appearances and one finals. And in a similar sooooooooort of role to Bosh, maybe a little more key but again only 1 title.

Any thoughts!?

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
                "Two-time NBA champion and 11-time All-Star Chris Bosh did not make the finalist cut for the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2020."

Soooooo if Chris Bosh can't make the hall of fame - I don't see how Kyle does?! Only 6 all star appearances and one finals. And in a similar sooooooooort of role to Bosh, maybe a little more key but again only 1 title.

Any thoughts!?
                I'm not really sure how HOF work. Chris Bosh I think is a hall of famer just not a first ballot one, maybe he gets in next year. But then you look at Chris Webber. Webber has had a better career than Bosh and he's been snubbed 3-4 straight years now. So I dunno.

Anyways, who said Lowry is a sure fire hall of famer? Bosh is not a good comparison. Billups I think is a better comparison. If Billups makes the hof then there's a good chance Lowry gets in as well.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Bosh will make it, he's just not a first ballot HOF'er though. His bar is James Worthy who's a slightly better player. Worthy has a FMVP. But he's been to 7 all-stars compared to Bosh's 11. Has 3 chips instead of 2.

I don't really think Webber should get in. He was a good college player and was part of the infamous fab-5.. but his NBA career was kind of meh. He has a ROY, and only made 5 all-stars. No chips. Nothing really significant in the NBA to be honest.

Lowry most likely doesn't get in either.. he doesn't really deserve it. He has a chip, and is a 6x all-star. But really kind of weak resume if you look at other guys in the HOF. Best ever Raptor though.

Comment

• Since talking about the Hall.. the weirdest thing is seeing Nav Bhatia of all people getting in (as part of a superfan gallery):
                    https://ca.nba.com/news/basketball-h...o1hbgk2zgyy371

On Friday, Toronto Raptors superfan Nav Bhatia was honoured by the Basketball Hall of Fame.
                    According to CBC, Bhatia became one of the first honourees of a new superfan gallery that will be built in The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Massachusetts.

Comment

• I like Hall of Fame that are a little tougher to get into. The NHL HoF is a joke....

Maybe the NBA can have a Sidewalk of Fame or a Hallway of Fame leading to the Hall of Fame for guys like Bosh and Kyle

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Bosh will make it, he's just not a first ballot HOF'er though. His bar is James Worthy who's a slightly better player. Worthy has a FMVP. But he's been to 7 all-stars compared to Bosh's 11. Has 3 chips instead of 2.

I don't really think Webber should get in. He was a good college player and was part of the infamous fab-5.. but his NBA career was kind of meh. He has a ROY, and only made 5 all-stars. No chips. Nothing really significant in the NBA to be honest.

Lowry most likely doesn't get in either.. he doesn't really deserve it. He has a chip, and is a 6x all-star. But really kind of weak resume if you look at other guys in the HOF. Best ever Raptor though.
                        Disagree.

Prime Webber >>>> Prime Bosh.

Webber has 10+ 20/10 seasons; Bosh has 6.

Webber's Sac Kings were a legit contender back in the early 2000's - and he was the best player on the team. They probably would've won 2 maybe 3 championships if not for Shaq and Kobe.

Bosh's Raptors team were a borderline playoff team; he won 2 championships in Miami as the 3rd best player on the team.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Disagree.

Prime Webber >>>> Prime Bosh.

Webber has 10+ 20/10 seasons; Bosh has 6.

Webber's Sac Kings were a legit contender back in the early 2000's - and he was the best player on the team. They probably would've won 2 maybe 3 championships if not for Shaq and Kobe.

Bosh's Raptors team were a borderline playoff team; he won 2 championships in Miami as the 3rd best player on the team.
                          Statistically he had better career numbers, but HOF is usually reserved for guys who achieved success. Bosh wouldn't even be looked at for the Hall if he didn't get traded to the Heat and won with Lebron and Wade. But he did. Worthy was a 3x champ as the 3rd best player. Dennis Johnson was never the best Celtic, and he's in the Hall too.

That's why Lowry has a chance (very slim though). It's because he has a chip now.

Guys can get in without chips, but they have to have a hell of a resume. 5x all-star and ten 20/10 seasons is not enough. And yeah he had it rough playing against Shaq and Kobe, but Sacramento wasn't his only team.

I wouldn't put LMA in the hall either, and he's had as good of a career as Webber.

Comment

Statistically he had better career numbers, but HOF is usually reserved for guys who achieved success. Bosh wouldn't even be looked at for the Hall if he didn't get traded to the Heat and won with Lebron and Wade. But he did. Worthy was a 3x champ as the 3rd best player. Dennis Johnson was never the best Celtic, and he's in the Hall too.

That's why Lowry has a chance (very slim though). It's because he has a chip now.

Guys can get in without chips, but they have to have a hell of a resume. 5x all-star and ten 20/10 seasons is not enough. And yeah he had it rough playing against Shaq and Kobe, but Sacramento wasn't his only team.

I wouldn't put LMA in the hall either, and he's had as good of a career as Webber.

I think Grant Hill's career is a better comparison for Webber. And Hill's a first ballot hall of famer. Comparing Webber's career to LMA is just disrespectful.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Bosh will make it, he's just not a first ballot HOF'er though. His bar is James Worthy who's a slightly better player. Worthy has a FMVP. But he's been to 7 all-stars compared to Bosh's 11. Has 3 chips instead of 2.

I like the idea of guys were are both high-performing stars who have and who stick with a team long enough to become the "face of the franchise" to make it. If Lowry had similar success and performance but had bounced around the league a bit, I don't think he'd have as good a chance - partly because that kind of success and loyalty should be rewarded, and partly because it impacts actual 'fame' and perception of a career.

Webber was a franchise player with one of the best teams in the league. Bosh had only two stops and achieved different kinds of success and fame with each team - franchise player with one, ultimate winner with the other. And Lowry has stuck with the Raptors, through a period of winning, where if anyone thinks of the Raps, they should think of Lowry - very much like Chauncey and the championship era Pistons.

But yeah, none of these guys should be 'first ballot'. T-mac shouldn't have been either - bounced around too much, and without enough playoff success to show for it.
                              Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sat Feb 15, 2020, 04:10 PM.

Comment

I think Grant Hill's career is a better comparison for Webber. And Hill's a first ballot hall of famer. Comparing Webber's career to LMA is just disrespectful.
                                Hill, for one reason or another, had a ton of fame/popularity and respect that helped him overcome his career (injury) struggles. Kinda like Tmac.

Comment

Working...
                                X