Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    If it was as bad as Hayward’s they probably would have reported that already. Hopefully it’s the same as Doncic’s
    Well they sent Hayward out of the bubble and Lowry's still there, so at least we've got that.

Lowry will play if it's humanly possible. The issue will be if he's at like 70% or this becomes a nagging thing for (hopefully) multiple rounds. You need your best players healthy, not hobbling around the court.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I would honestly prefer if Kyle sits game 1 if he needs it. FVV steps up when kyle is out. We can beat Boston without him it may be hard but we can do it for a game or 2. Who know maybe we win the first 2 with him out and we can rest him until boston starts to make this tough. One advantage would be that Celtics would be able to put brown/tatum on one of the guards with kyle and fred. With 1 small Guard we may actually not be as susceptible to bostons size mis match
      Were trying to win a chip not round 2 so i want to make sure Kyle is healthy in the ECF and Finals
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        I would honestly prefer if Kyle sits game 1 if he needs it. FVV steps up when kyle is out. We can beat Boston without him it may be hard but we can do it for a game or 2. Who know maybe we win the first 2 with him out and we can rest him until boston starts to make this tough. One advantage would be that Celtics would be able to put brown/tatum on one of the guards with kyle and fred. With 1 small Guard we may actually not be as susceptible to bostons size mis match
        Were trying to win a chip not round 2 so i want to make sure Kyle is healthy in the ECF and Finals
        THERE WE GO this is what I'm saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hm a v interesting idea, less size mis matches ya didn't think of that

Well we'll c!!!! Exciting either way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freddy boy carry us!!

#MAXFREDDY

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

THERE WE GO this is what I'm saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hm a v interesting idea, less size mis matches ya didn't think of that

Well we'll c!!!! Exciting either way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freddy boy carry us!!

#MAXFREDDY
          I'm game for this

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I'm game for this
            AS U SHOULD b

#MAXFVV
            #KAWHI2020
            #TT
            #RAPSDYNASTY
            #REALUNLIKEGS

Comment

• https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-ready-game-1/

“I actually talked to Kyle this morning and he was feeling — he didn’t say he was feeling good, but he was like ‘I’m alright.’ You know Kyle, ‘I’m alright, I’ll be ready to go.’ So that was the biggest thing,” Williams said during a Monday appearance on Sportsnet Central. “We all know Kyle and how he gets down and, you know, his pedigree and that drive, his pain tolerance — all those things that makes him a champion and the player he is.

“So I’m 99.9 per cent sure he’ll be ready to play, as he expressed when I talked to him earlier today.”

That means no structural damage which is great.. just some pain. Kyle had a broken thumb or something all last playoffs and we won a chip. Of course he'll play.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-ready-game-1/

That means no structural damage which is great.. just some pain. Kyle had a broken thumb or something all last playoffs and we won a chip. Of course he'll play.
                FWIW I think he plays.. maybe not game 1 .. but he plays in the series.

This might be his last kick at a championship as he is now 34 and father time is an unrelenting and unforgiving bastard for a professional athlete. He is not a cyborg like Lebron.

So thats a pretty hard opiate to shrug off.

Legit question.. IF and its a big IF... the Raps go back to back... is it enough for Lowry (who has had multiple all star nominations, a couple of all NBA team nominations and two championships on his CV) to get him HoF consideration ?
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

This might be his last kick at a championship as he is now 34 and father time is an unrelenting and unforgiving bastard for a professional athlete. He is not a cyborg like Lebron.

Legit question.. IF and its a big IF... the Raps go back to back... is it enough for Lowry (who has had multiple all star nominations, a couple of all NBA team nominations and two championships on his CV) to get him HoF consideration ?
                  He'd have to clearly be the Raptors leader/best player this run to have a crack at it. Would certainly need Finals MVP.

Chauncey Billups has Finals MVP, 1 ring, 2 appearances, that long ECF run, and isn't in yet.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Consideration? Yes.

Comment

If the Raptors won a championship this year, Lowry is a shoe in. He's already on the fence
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Active Players hall of fame probability according to bbref:

1. LeBron James 1.0000
                        2. Chris Paul 1.0000
                        3. Kevin Durant 1.0000
                        4. Russell Westbrook 0.9990
                        5. James Harden 0.9990
                        6. Stephen Curry 0.9987
                        7. Dwight Howard 0.9940
                        8. Carmelo Anthony 0.9818
                        9. Vince Carter 0.9455
                        10. Pau Gasol 0.9335
                        11. Anthony Davis 0.9140
                        12. Kyle Lowry 0.8574
                        13. Kevin Love 0.7347
                        14. Damian Lillard 0.7195
                        15. Paul George 0.6544

Comment

• Weird not to see Kawhi on that list.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Weird not to see Kawhi on that list.
                            Hes currently at 17th with a lot of good seasons ahead. Kawhi is amazing but when you step back and look hes been an all star in just 4 seasons where hes averaged about 65 games played.

despite the 2 titles if he retired today not sure hes HOF yet

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Hes currently at 17th with a lot of good seasons ahead. Kawhi is amazing but when you step back and look hes been an all star in just 4 seasons where hes averaged about 65 games played.

despite the 2 titles if he retired today not sure hes HOF yet
                              That criteria sucks.
                              Kawhi has 2 rings, 2 finals MVPs and a top 5 player.
                              How many rings do Westbrook and Harden got?

Dwight and Melo over Kawhi too?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

That criteria sucks.
                                Kawhi has 2 rings, 2 finals MVPs and a top 5 player.
                                How many rings do Westbrook and Harden got?

Dwight and Melo over Kawhi too?
                                Aside from championships, HOF lists typically reward time put in the league, longevity, number of games played etc.. All the players on that list are 30 or older (aside from Anthony Davis). I'm sure when Kawhi is 30 he will be on that list, even if he doesn't do much between now and then.

Comment

Working...
                                X