X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
    Kyle for Marcus Smart?

Discuss

I think the Celtics do it. Danny Ainge always thinks he's smarter than he is, Boston needs a vet with playoff experience. We need a KLOE successor who is taller than FVV or only 1 6 foot PG (FVV) on the team.

Heartless, but necessary?
    lol come on man. If you want to get a new pg: get younger and more talented player. Marcus is what he is.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Kyle will most likely retire a Raptor. If he ever moves, it better be for a borderline all-star caliber player or a solid package involving a blue-chip young player(s) and picks.

Houston got Westbrook and 2 first round picks for Chris Paul at age 33. Now, Paul of course is a sure-fire hall-of-famer and has had a heck of a career, but at age 33 Paul's and Lowry's numbers are actually not that far off:

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...&p2yrfrom=2019
      Last edited by inthepaint; Mon Sep 28, 2020, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Ugh, no thank you very much.
        LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Kyle is not getting traded for that bum.
        MixxAOR wrote: View Post

lol come on man. If you want to get a new pg: get younger and more talented player. Marcus is what he is.
        inthepaint wrote: View Post
        Kyle will most likely retire a Raptor. If he ever moves, it better be for a borderline all-star caliber player or a solid package involving a blue-chip young player(s) and picks.

Houston got Westbrook and 2 first round picks for Chris Paul at age 33. Now, Paul of course is a sure-fire hall-of-famer and has had a heck of a career, but at age 33 Paul's and Lowry's numbers are actually not that far off:

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...&p2yrfrom=2019
        Oooook I can see this is not a popular opinion! I mean, ok, like Smart is a bad shooter. But that's just for now! Like say we improve him, and then like ignore the fact that Kyle would be upset, the team might not be cool w KLOE leaving, plus it would be kind of sad to see him go. Hm. What if they throw in Theis! And like. their 3 highest draft picks?? Plus. Wannamaker! Tho I guess they already have Kemba I kind of forgot about this tbh.

inthepaint Thanks for those numbers! Um it seems like it's quite possible Kyle's numbers are better than CP3's??? That's wild. Plus only one of those two has a championship heh heh and it's not like CP3 hasn't played with Kawhi like talent.

Ok let me change this proposal. FVV for Smart! Sign and trade. What about that????

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
          Oooook I can see this is not a popular opinion! I mean, ok, like Smart is a bad shooter. But that's just for now! Like say we improve him, and then like ignore the fact that Kyle would be upset, the team might not be cool w KLOE leaving, plus it would be kind of sad to see him go. Hm. What if they throw in Theis! And like. their 3 highest draft picks?? Plus. Wannamaker! Tho I guess they already have Kemba I kind of forgot about this tbh.

inthepaint Thanks for those numbers! Um it seems like it's quite possible Kyle's numbers are better than CP3's??? That's wild. Plus only one of those two has a championship heh heh and it's not like CP3 hasn't played with Kawhi like talent.

Ok let me change this proposal. FVV for Smart! Sign and trade. What about that????
          Damn this quarantine is getting to you man, it's puff puff pass not puff puff puff puff puff
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• leadership
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

leadership
              Dwight Powell is surprising, but props to all 3 of them.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

leadership
                This is the Open Gym I’d like to see. Can’t respect our leader enough. KLOE

Comment

• 9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Damn this quarantine is getting to you man, it's puff puff pass not puff puff puff puff puff
                    Come on bro I don't even smoke weed! #teetotallforlifebabyyyyy

Can't a guy throw out some radical ideas out here without getting accused of being on drugs!? But ya I get none of u r on board. I'm not sure I'm right or anything, just looking for some takes here - but ok why do we wanna keep FVV and KLOE instead of Smart? Is it just like no one thinks Smart is better than FVV or KLOE going forward or whaaat. Isn't Smart an upgrade at shooting guard, in some ways over steady Freddy?

#KAWHI2021 BABYYYYY

Comment

• Just leaving this right here, it's PIPM which I don't have a great handle on but I'm ready for Kyle Lowry propaganda at all times:

Comment

• PIPM is probably the best impact stat out there right now. Way better than BPM, RPM, RAPTOR, in my opinion.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          PIPM is probably the best impact stat out there right now. Way better than BPM, RPM, RAPTOR, in my opinion.
                          Does it still favour strong box score production? Saw a comp with Harden and his line is way up there, higher than Lowry or Kobe.

Comment

Does it still favour strong box score production? Saw a comp with Harden and his line is way up there, higher than Lowry or Kobe.
                            I would say harden is extremely impactful to regular season wins regardless, behind lebron and Kawhi forsure and probably right there with a healthy KD and steph. He and his team just wilt in the playoffs but doesnt change the fact hes consistently on one of the most successful teams every year.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Box score stats factor in but to a far lesser degree than those other options. It also has luck-adjustments, which many other numbers do not and that helps flatten out small sample results (not punishing players for happening to be on the court for Marcus Smart hitting 5 contested threes in 2 minutes, for example).

Harden really was just the straw that stirred the drink on that HOU team. Any impact stat will love him for that.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Just wanted to bump this thread today. If last night was our last game with Kyle, just want to say thanks for everything. He made me a really happy fan and got me to love this team all over again.

Comment

Working...
                                X