No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a fan of Kyle's game since his Rockets days.
    I was naturally ecstatic when the Raptors got him.
    He's a leader and an inspiration.

Comment

• If this is it Kyle, it's been amazing watching you play while in a Raptors uniform. You have grown so much as a player and a person and an inspiration to many with your hard work and attitude change while here. Whether you're traded or staying, thanks for everything you have done for the Raps!

Comment

• George Hill is on the move to Philly. Looks like Kyle isn't going home.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          George Hill is on the move to Philly. Looks like Kyle isn't going home.
          Kyle and Simmons on the same team, not a good idea. Lol

Comment

• Welcome back

Comment

• More time for us say goodbye the right way and for him to add to his Raptor accolades, even if it's only playing half of the remaining games. Wish it was all Toronto but he'll get his standing Os starting next season.

It's all good.

Comment

• Lowry out against the Pistons .. Tanking or is Lowry going have maintenance days for the end of the season cause he has no contract ? If he goes with getting zero value back then this dream team of management will have some explaining to do .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                  Lowry out against the Pistons .. Tanking or is Lowry going have maintenance days for the end of the season cause he has no contract ? If he goes with getting zero value back then this dream team of management will have some explaining to do .
                  What do you mean? If we don't sign (and trade) him we get over 20 mill in cap space. That's why not trading him was always a solid plan B.

And yes, tanking.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

What do you mean? If we don't sign (and trade) him we get over 20 mill in cap space. That's why not trading him was always a solid plan B.

And yes, tanking.
                    Pretty sure the $20m is if they cut everybody, including Boucher. And it would end up being spent effectively trying to replace all the non-Lowry guys to fill out the roster for next season. Really not enough cap space to replace Lowry's impact at all.

There would be a chance the cap space replaces current role players with more effective ones, e.g. maybe they manage to upgrade rotation spots #6-8. But that's not a given and they'll have still lost a starter.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Pretty sure the $20m is if they cut everybody, including Boucher. And it would end up being spent effectively trying to replace all the non-Lowry guys to fill out the roster for next season. Really not enough cap space to replace Lowry's impact at all.

There would be a chance the cap space replaces current role players with more effective ones, e.g. maybe they manage to upgrade rotation spots #6-8. But that's not a given and they'll have still lost a starter.
                      Nope. Just Baynes. The core would stay and we've got the 2nd rounders to fill in the roster. And then we'd still get the RMLE. AND get to sign Trent above the cap.

Get with the program!
                      Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Mon Mar 29, 2021, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Nope. Just Baynes. The core would stay and we've got the 2nd rounders to fill in the roster. And then we'd still get the RMLE. AND get to sign Trent above the cap.

Get with the program!
                        Haha nice, I think my info is pre-Norm trade.

Increasing the flexibility this summer was a pretty key ingredient in the Powell trade I think, a meaningful drop in the cap hold on Powell vs Trent that will help address the whole "we actually only have half a team's worth of NBA players" issue.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Haha nice, I think my info is pre-Norm trade.

Increasing the flexibility this summer was a pretty key ingredient in the Powell trade I think, a meaningful drop in the cap hold on Powell vs Trent that will help address the whole "we actually only have half a team's worth of NBA players" issue.
                          We'll have about $20M if we keep Boucher, Bembry and Watson.. and the #10 pick in the draft.. if we let Lowry walk and get nothing back. If we release Boucher then we get an additional $7M. If we keep Lowry then we are capped out.

DanH does a great job of breaking it all down here:
                          https://www.raptorshq.com/2021/3/26/...future-options

Comment

• Kyle is altogether too happy and relaxed. If he was being kept out of games against his will, I would expect to see Sulky Kyle, not happy, cheering, joking with the media "Oh I'm rested alright. I've never been as rested as I am right now" or words to that effect.

It seems to me that an arrangement has been settled on. And Kyle is good with the arrangement. Either he knows he is going in a sign and trade someplace (Philly? Miami?) or he knows he is going to be signed for a couple of years at a number he feels is suitable. I think 25 million would hurt the Raptors. 20 million or less ($15?) would still leave them room to get a low-priced free agent or two. Kyle knows they are going for a draft pick in the lottery (around #7) and have two 2nd rounders. He may see this bubble stuff as a reset that, with a well-used off-season, puts the team back on track immediately next season.

He may be 100% okay with force-feeding Trent, Birch, Flynn, Harris, Yuta. Watson and Bembry minutes. He can see how their games have improved. He can also see Pascal and OG growing right in front of his eyes. Og has been told to work on creating his own shot. As has Pascal, who has also been told to work on taking it to the basket. Just think of all the video now on file that shows Pascal what NOT to do on his drives. And how useful little floaters would be as opposed to running over guys for offensive fouls. And he has all summer to work on that.

And Birch is going to be actively working with his coach, along with Boucher, on improving his game this summer as well while on the National team.

I think Masai and Bobby are geniuses. Or I'm totally wrong.

Comment

• You’re right. Or we’re both wrong.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                You’re right. Or we’re both wrong.
                                He's just too damn happy. Somethings up.

Comment

Working...
                                X