Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post

He's just too damn happy. Somethings up.
    Lowry has been at peace since we won the chip and he finally got his vindication and validation. His reputation was further entrenched last year when we massively over-exceeded expectations and he, in particular, had a brilliant series against the Celtics. He is man finally comfortable in his own skin, having received all his flowers and can now move on (or stay) knowing his legacy is etched in granite, with the additional benefit of mentoring the new core being the cherry-on-top.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Lowry has been at peace since we won the chip and he finally got his vindication and validation. His reputation was further entrenched last year when we massively over-exceeded expectations and he, in particular, had a brilliant series against the Celtics. He is man finally comfortable in his own skin, having received all his flowers and can now move on (or stay) knowing his legacy is etched in granite, with the additional benefit of mentoring the new core being the cherry-on-top.
      Could be. Maybe that's all it is. I just think it's more. That smarmy grin on his face when he answers questions just screams out at me that he's thinking "I know something you don't know."

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Could be. Maybe that's all it is. I just think it's more. That smarmy grin on his face when he answers questions just screams out at me that he's thinking "I know something you don't know."
        I have a strong gut feeling he's sticking around till he retires. He's gonna buy a nice fancy house in Toronto and ride out his career. He stay.

Comment

• Grange running a long Lowry GROAT tribute piece on SportsNets this morning.
          Great spot but sure sounds like a eulogy in Toronto....could either be a tribute because they know he's leaving or a feel good piece because he's re-signing.

Comment

• Grange doesn't know what the fuck is happening 99% of the time.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Are we even going to see Kyle play again this year? there's really no reason to rest him anymore.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                Are we even going to see Kyle play again this year? there's really no reason to rest him anymore.
                No real reason to play him either.

His market in free agency, whatever it is, has already been established.

As a fan I'd love to see him play though.

Comment

• Since the Raptors have the 7th pick secured, it would be cool to play the full team (if healthy), the last 2 games and blow out the other teams.

Comment

Are we even going to see Kyle play again this year? there's really no reason to rest him anymore.
                    Coach Nick Nurse said it ``remains to be seen'' if Siakam, VanVleet, Lowry and Anunoby will play again this season. ...

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Coach Nick Nurse said it ``remains to be seen'' if Siakam, VanVleet, Lowry and Anunoby will play again this season. ...
                      They're all out today, so I doubt they play again this season.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        Since the Raptors have the 7th pick secured, it would be cool to play the full team (if healthy), the last 2 games and blow out the other teams.
                        it would be pretty cool on one hand. on the other, it would be a gigantic middle finger to the league that explicitly stated "we don't give a fuck about your play-in tournament and flagrantly tanked this stretch run."

personally i think that's pretty funny, but it might not be great lottery juju. other teams are mailing it in just as blatantly but in most cases they have shut their guys down for what they claim are season ending injuries so that's somewhat less embarrassing for the league. except for the horford thing, i can't ever remember that happening.

Comment

• Play all the starters and rotation guys. No pressure, just go out and have some fun. None of them played last night so they are rested. A hat tip to the fans and fuck the league and Silver.

Comment

Well, considering he's likely hoping to cash in on one last big contract, he probably prefers to rest given there is nothing to play for and an injury in one of these meaningless games could hurt that chance. Heck, the franchise probably prefers not to see him get hurt either.

If the younger core guys are healthy I suspect they play to get a little more development time, but I do think they are banged up to some degree so we might not see them either. But in Lowry's case, there's no real upside to him playing.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Well, considering he's likely hoping to cash in on one last big contract, he probably prefers to rest given there is nothing to play for and an injury in one of these meaningless games could hurt that chance. Heck, the franchise probably prefers not to see him get hurt either.

If the younger core guys are healthy I suspect they play to get a little more development time, but I do think they are banged up to some degree so we might not see them either. But in Lowry's case, there's no real upside to him playing.
                              A wise man once said.....

golden wrote: View Post
                              Raps should just shut Lowry down like those professional tankers, OKC, did with Horford. I mean, the last thing a 35-year old Lowry wants is an injury with only 12 games left heading into free agency.
                              DanH wrote: View Post
                              The last thing that... let me check my notes here... Kyle Lowry... wants is to play basketball games when he should be resting an injury instead? Yeah, that's not tracking with my understanding of said Kyle Lowry.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Good point.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X