Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

A wise man once said.....

12 games is different than a couple games when there is literally nothing to play for. But they did end up shutting him down for the final 6, so you were closer than me on this one.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

Smart man. No one cheering harder than Lowry for second tier contenders to flame out early in the playoffs....

Though, Kyle should realize that by the time his likely useless trust fund grand kids get a hold of the money they will blow it all.
        Last edited by slaw; Tue May 18, 2021, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Kyle probably only has a handful of years left, he knows he can get his last big contract this free agency, might as well take it.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Smart man. No one cheering harder than Lowry for second tier contenders to flame out early in the playoffs....

Though, Kyle should realize that by the time his likely useless trust fund grand kids get a hold of the money they will blow it all.
            Yeah, really hope the Sixers struggle again.

Comment

I know people are going to get triggered by this opinion and I understand he's gonna get whatever he can get, but I still hate this kinda greedy talk being so public. "Got to make sure my family is taken care of" lol just be honest and say "I feel you can never have enough money and I want more" lol

Don't bother replying with "would you sooner the billionaire owners have it"

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Yeah, really hope the Sixers struggle again.
                Yep. Thybulle and/or Maxey + their late first. Should have already happened at the trade deadline, would have put Philly in firm finals territory this year.

Now they're going with Simmons and Embiid who have been great, but at the end of the day are still fairly novice/green when it comes to deep playoff experience (haven't been to an ECF yet), vs guys with deep finals/championship experience in Kyrie & Durant, with Harden to boot.

They sure could have used a Kylie Lowry to mitigate that this year, and build their own "big 3" version to go vs the Nets big 3. Even if they didn't get pass the Nets they would have had this extra playoff run with Lowry to see what they could adjust next year, and come in better prepared. They cheaped out though, so they might flame out, in which case they may come knocking again.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I know people are going to get triggered by this opinion and I understand he's gonna get whatever he can get, but I still hate this kinda greedy talk being so public. "Got to make sure my family is taken care of" lol just be honest and say "I feel you can never have enough money and I want more" lol

if you can give up millions of dollars G_Deane then props to you. I wouldn't give up a thousand
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

It's gauche to talk about money. My boys are just learning about money, allowances, and what it all means, etc. and we constantly remind them not to talk about it outside the family.

In this context, though, he's answering a question, he's being honest, and it's all a very public exercise in PR and negotiation, so I don't fault players for making their intentions clear.

Comment

I do agree I cringed a little reading it. Kyle's career earnings are now at $190 million. 190. Don't worry buddy, invest a little chunk of that and your grandkids will be sitting pretty.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The whole pro sports spectacle is bonkers if you think about it too much. But media is integral to the business model and savvy players on all sides use it. It is different than your kids bragging to your neighbours about how much dad makes.

But I also enjoy this angle:

- Fans: Why hadn't Masai said anything about re-signing? He should have said something by now!
                        - Kyle Lowry: I want to get paid and I want term with my next contract
                        - Fans: K not like that tho

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          The whole pro sports spectacle is bonkers if you think about it too much. But media is integral to the business model and savvy players on all sides use it. It is different than your kids bragging to your neighbours about how much dad makes.

But I also enjoy this angle:

- Fans: Why hadn't Masai said anything about re-signing? He should have said something by now!
                          - Kyle Lowry: I want to get paid and I want term with my next contract
                          - Fans: K not like that tho

It's just more the phrasing. I don't mind saying like "I'm not interested in leaving money on the table" or "I know my worth" etc.

But Kyle saying "I need to get to generational wealth" when he's already at 190 and counting, not to mention during covid, to me is tone deaf. It's getting close to Latrell Sprewell crying about "feeding his kids" at 7 mil annually.

Comment

• He was already obvious when he wore a hat with dollar bills on it.. right before the deadline. It's his only motive man. He's got a ring. It's what I would do.

Comment

• New Orleans love to spend money. S&T Lowry for Ball and other things.. maybe we can get NAW and their draft pick this year too.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                He was already obvious when he wore a hat with dollar bills on it.. right before the deadline. It's his only motive man. He's got a ring. It's what I would do.
                                I mean, I'd be also considering legacy, quality of life, family, perhaps a 2nd ring, where I'd like to retire, etc as much as adding a couple million more to the stack. But then again, I've never been exceedingly wealthy in the 0.001% so probably I wouldn't understand

Comment

Working...
                                X