Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

True if we plan on playing and keeping another small player in Flynn. But I can't imagine we will pay him that much unless we really think we aren't going to sign any decent free agent at all. (Which may be the case)
    My thoughts are depending on the draft and how it shakes out will dictate lowry... if you get cade... some how by some miracle.. then lowry is GONNNNNE... even any one in the top 4... its a good chance lowry is gone. If its outside the top 4 lowry stays.

Comment

• If the Raptors can get Lowry to re-sign for 20-25M x 2 years, I doubt they hesitate at all, and nor should they. Worst case that's a short term commitment, bad case it's a very tradeable contract, best case he stays here until he retires.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        If the Raptors can get Lowry to re-sign for 20-25M x 2 years, I doubt they hesitate at all, and nor should they. Worst case that's a short term commitment, bad case it's a very tradeable contract, best case he stays here until he retires.
        I'm fine with bringing back Lowry, but if the intent was to trade him for assets which I would imagine is easier than a sign and trade? He's still a good player, but we know the ceiling of this version of the Raptors and he'd be slowing down the development of the young guards.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I'm fine with bringing back Lowry, but if the intent was to trade him for assets which I would imagine is easier than a sign and trade? He's still a good player, but we know the ceiling of this version of the Raptors and he'd be slowing down the development of the young guards.
          While I get your overall point, I dont think having kyle around slows the development of anybody. It certainly didnt hurt the development of FVV. I think his leadership, knowledge, practice intensity, etc helps everyone development, especially malachi Flynn.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

While I get your overall point, I dont think having kyle around slows the development of anybody. It certainly didnt hurt the development of FVV. I think his leadership, knowledge, practice intensity, etc helps everyone development, especially malachi Flynn.
            It's strictly a numbers game. Your backcourt has 96 minutes available per game. FVV & Lowry will take up 72 minutes. That's only 24 minutes per night to split between: Flynn, GTJ and Harris. That will definitely hurt somebody's development. And imagine if we draft another guard?

The only reason Malachi got minutes this year was because of injuries, COVID and management finally embracing the tank. With a full roster, there is zero chance he gets the same minutes he got this year, except garbage time..... and you'd be all "I told ya Malachi sucked." lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

It's strictly a numbers game. Your backcourt has 96 minutes available per game. FVV & Lowry will take up 72 minutes. That's only 24 minutes per night to split between: Flynn, GTJ and Harris. That will definitely hurt somebody's development. And imagine if we draft another guard?

The only reason Malachi got minutes this year was because of injuries, COVID and management finally embracing the tank. With a full roster, there is zero chance he gets the same minutes he got this year, except garbage time..... and KEON would be saying "I told ya Malachi sucked." lol.
              corrected that for you

Comment

The only reason Malachi got minutes this year was because of injuries, COVID and management finally embracing the tank. With a full roster, there is zero chance he gets the same minutes he got this year, except garbage time..... and you'd be all "I told ya Malachi sucked." lol.
                GTJ can get extended minutes at the 3, basketball lineups are less defined all the time. 3 of those 4 guys can share at the floor at the same time in spurts. Jalen Harris is not a priority yet, he's a project. But he has played more NBA minutes (179) than your boy Alex Lens illustrious Raps career
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

On the other hand - a year ago this team started KL & FVV (alongside OG, PS, and Ibaka/Gasol) and found 3,600 minutes for Powell, Davis, and McCaw. Those three averaged 17-28 mpg playing behind Lowry and Fred. Should be enough minutes to go around. Key is Lowry would just have 1-2 years in this role in this scenario. If you were locking up two starting guards for 5 years right now, then you might wonder where things are going with GTJ & Flynn down the road. But as is Flynn could still use some structured development time and I think we'll find GTJ is still pretty streaky over a full season. He'll have space to develop some consistency.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I agree, and don't tell me GTJ returning wouldn't be based on whether he receives a spot on the starting line up or not. He's smart enough to know he can get those starters dollars somewhere.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

On the other hand - a year ago this team started KL & FVV (alongside OG, PS, and Ibaka/Gasol) and found 3,600 minutes for Powell, Davis, and McCaw. Those three averaged 17-28 mpg playing behind Lowry and Fred. Should be enough minutes to go around. Key is Lowry would just have 1-2 years in this role in this scenario. If you were locking up two starting guards for 5 years right now, then you might wonder where things are going with GTJ & Flynn down the road. But as is Flynn could still use some structured development time and I think we'll find GTJ is still pretty streaky over a full season. He'll have space to develop some consistency.
                      The 3600 minutes last year is skewed because of injuries to FVV and Lowry, and because Powell can play SF and even spot PF. I guess if we want to bake-in the idea that FVV and Lowry will be run into the ground because of high MPG and become injured, then yeah, I guess there would be enough minutes to go around. But you wouldn't know when and where those minutes would be coming from. From a depth perspective, that's great, but it's not exactly a proactive player development plan. As we've seen with so many players.... you only know what you really have in player once he's given a clearly defined role and consistent minutes, with enough leeway/trust/time to settle in to a rhythm. I mean, look at Oshae.

Comment

• Lowry/ Van Vleet/ GTJ/ Harris/ Flynn

That is just asinine

we are back to square one, having GTJ act like the doppelgänger of Norm and Harris as TD lol

Comment

The 3600 minutes last year is skewed because of injuries to FVV and Lowry, and because Powell can play SF and even spot PF. I guess if we want to bake-in the idea that FVV and Lowry will be run into the ground because of high MPG and become injured, then yeah, I guess there would be enough minutes to go around. But you wouldn't know when and where those minutes would be coming from. From a depth perspective, that's great, but it's not exactly a proactive player development plan. As we've seen with so many players.... you only know what you really have in player once he's given a clearly defined role and consistent minutes, with enough leeway/trust/time to settle in to a rhythm. I mean, look at Oshae.
                          It's not skewed by injuries, Lowry and Fred both played pretty much a career average % of available games.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            Lowry/ Van Vleet/ GTJ/ Harris/ Flynn

That is just asinine

we are back to square one, having GTJ act like the doppelgänger of Norm and Harris as TD lol
                            You do realize that most teams are going to have about 6 guards...right? We're still one short!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

You do realize that most teams are going to have about 6 guards...right? We're still one short!
                              You are right and indisputable, we need Patrick McCaw back and we are all set.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

GTJ can get extended minutes at the 3, basketball lineups are less defined all the time. 3 of those 4 guys can share at the floor at the same time in spurts. Jalen Harris is not a priority yet, he's a project. But he has played more NBA minutes (179) than your boy Alex Lens illustrious Raps career
                                Alex Len is a starting center on a Play-In team. Put some respek on his name.

Comment

Working...
                                X