Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    Miami will have about 20M if they get rid of VO's cap hold, about 8M more if they get rid of Nun's and Robinson's. I can see Kyle going there if offered multiple years
    The sticking point is Dragic's contract. They have a team option. Which they can renounce.. but if they use cap space they lose the full mid-level and only get the room mid level (about $4M).

Dragic was their second or third best player in the playoffs (I'd say second since Bam sort of sucked). And does Kyle actually put them over the top or anything?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The sticking point is Dragic's contract. They have a team option. Which they can renounce.. but if they use cap space they lose the full mid-level and only get the room mid level (about $4M).

Dragic was their second or third best player in the playoffs (I'd say second since Bam sort of sucked). And does Kyle actually put them over the top or anything?
      Yeah, I think the Heat looked like more of a threat after their Finals run than after this latest season. If Lowry is thinking about winning, the Heat frankly look like a worse spot to be than here.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Kyle Lowry is a Hot Commodity..

Kyle Lowry is once again the target of NBA Rumors. The teams interested could offer up some enticing trade packages for the Toronto Raptors.
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
          Really think he's just going to sign a contract with the Sixers. Good way to finish his career if he doesn't stay here. Also what we could have in return is not worth it.
          This would actually be similar to the route Wade went if I remember correctly.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Priceless

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
              Kyle Lowry is a Hot Commodity..
              Yeah, it makes sense. Again, there were probably 10 teams or more that thought they were legit contenders (Clips, Lakers, Jazz, Nuggets, Mavs, Sixers, Nets, Miami, Bucks, Suns, Celtics, others?) and lots of them fell way short. All those teams are going to be looking to add.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                Kyle Lowry is a Hot Commodity..

These all seem incredibly unlikely, but the teams involved are all teams I expect to be interested, just the particulars don't make a ton of sense.

Comment

• One of the teams i mentioned before that i could see coming after Kyle. They could see themselves in the same position suns last year.
                  Dont know if they can sign him outright or if we could work a SnT with them to bring back Alexander walker and lonzo
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

One of the teams i mentioned before that i could see coming after Kyle. They could see themselves in the same position suns last year.
                    Dont know if they can sign him outright or if we could work a SnT with them to bring back Alexander walker and lonzo
                    Meh, highly doubtful Lowry would agree to a sign & trade to the Pels, of all places, unless somebody's paying him $30M/yr.

That said, if Lowry is still a hot commodity around the league, one scenario could be for the Raps to retain the asset, regardless. Then we'd load manage him and get an auction going at the trade deadline. Hopefully CP3 can bring the Suns back to win the Finals, which would really boost Lowry's value around the league, even more than it already has.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Meh, highly doubtful Lowry would agree to a sign & trade to the Pels, of all places, unless somebody's paying him $30M/yr.

That said, if Lowry is still a hot commodity around the league, one scenario could be for the Raps to retain the asset, regardless. Then we'd load manage him and get an auction going at the trade deadline. Hopefully CP3 can bring the Suns back to win the Finals, which would really boost Lowry's value around the league, even more than it already has.
                      Ya i would imagine that Kyle thinking would be going to one of the "contenders" I.E Heat,Sixers, L.A but if one of the suns, pelicans like teams want him i feel like he would go for a big enough bag. He has his ring, legacy in T.O, has talked about how he wants to make the most money he can. I wouldn't rule it out

Comment

• Get Lonzo and draft Mobley and now we’re talking

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                          Get Lonzo and draft Mobley and now we’re talking
                          Rumors are swirling with Bulls too.
                          Im split on what 2 guys would be better.

Lonzo-Mobley or Suggs-Markkanean?

Comment

One of the teams i mentioned before that i could see coming after Kyle. They could see themselves in the same position suns last year.
                            Sam Vecenie has an article on the Pelicans situation at the Athletic breaking down their cap space.

So if they renounce both Ball's and Hart's cap holds.. they will have about $14.5M in cap space. If they stretch and waive Bledsoe they can get an additional $13M in cap space.. bringing their total to $27.5M.

That should be enough to bring in Lowry without having to do a S&T.

They can get even more creative if they can find a trade partner for Adams. He mentioned a team like Charlotte who would be looking for a starting caliber center. If they can trade Adams without getting any salary back, they can get up to $45M in cap space.

Pelicans could be a good fit for Kyle. They want to make the playoffs and Lowry is a CP3 type of player that could help them. But on the other hand would Kyle want to go to a team like that? Is $$$ more valuable than winning to him?

I think a S&T is a possibility as well. Maybe if we mutually have interest in Ball a two-way trade like GSW and Brooklyn did with KD and D'Lo. That way they can keep Hart and not have to waive/stretch Bledsoe.

Comment

Rumors are swirling with Bulls too.
                              Im split on what 2 guys would be better.

Lonzo-Mobley or Suggs-Markkanean?
                              Yeah potentially no wrong answer there but I like Lonzo/Mobley
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Sam Vecenie has an article on the Pelicans situation at the Athletic breaking down their cap space.

So if they renounce both Ball's and Hart's cap holds.. they will have about $14.5M in cap space. If they stretch and waive Bledsoe they can get an additional $13M in cap space.. bringing their total to $27.5M.

That should be enough to bring in Lowry without having to do a S&T.

They can get even more creative if they can find a trade partner for Adams. He mentioned a team like Charlotte who would be looking for a starting caliber center. If they can trade Adams without getting any salary back, they can get up to $45M in cap space.

Pelicans could be a good fit for Kyle. They want to make the playoffs and Lowry is a CP3 type of player that could help them. But on the other hand would Kyle want to go to a team like that? Is $$$ more valuable than winning to him?

I think a S&T is a possibility as well. Maybe if we mutually have interest in Ball a two-way trade like GSW and Brooklyn did with KD and D'Lo. That way they can keep Hart and not have to waive/stretch Bledsoe.
                                Yeah, there's also a chance if the Raps don't want Ball or Ball doesn't want to come here, if NOP wants to avoid waiving one of Adams/Bledsoe, that they would give up some value to include one of those guys plus a prospect as the salary return (I've pitched Bledsoe and Hayes) so that they could keep Hart and also maintain the MLE to add another FA.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X