Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

I suspect the reality is that the Raps don't have as much leverage as you would think they do even in this scenario. If Lowry says he only wants to go to one team then Toronto will make it happen. Can you imagine unhappy Lowry? LOL. Would be a shit show. Plus, you're going to piss off one of the most powerful agents in the game in Mark Bartlestein? Nah, not gonna happen. Plus, teams aren't going to give up much for Lowry. I know that he is beloved in Raptorland and underappreciated around the league but the expectations for trades are outsized.
    You're assuming the agent would be mad at the Raptors, the reality is they'd be mad at Philly or whoever is trading for Lowry. They're the ones who want him, they're the ones who need to pony up assets to make a deal happen. Bartlestein will be telling Philly to stop being cheap fucks and throw in the picks, prove they want Lowry. He won't be upset with the Raptors for not eating a shit sandwich for the privilege of letting their best player ever go to another team.

The agent can always push Lowry to take less money and then he can go wherever he wants, but agents don't that because his salary is a % of Lowry's earnings.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

During the season he was signed until the end of the season, so teams would be trading for him only to guarantee they have him for a few months. If Philly made the trade and Lowry wasn't happy there, he walks in the offseason and they sent out assets for nothing. Lowry is more valuable now because he will be coming in on a fresh 2-3 year contract. Any team doing a S&T for Lowry will have the certainty they have him under contract for multiple years. That's a pretty huge difference.
      You are right. They are entirely different scenarios though.
      The S&T would be to a team that wants Lowry for multiple years and the other for a finals-push/cap relief.

And if he walks, well... RFA now, instead of picks + RFA later if we offloaded him sooner.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what his S&T value is.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

You're assuming the agent would be mad at the Raptors, the reality is they'd be mad at Philly or whoever is trading for Lowry. They're the ones who want him, they're the ones who need to pony up assets to make a deal happen. Bartlestein will be telling Philly to stop being cheap fucks and throw in the picks, prove they want Lowry. He won't be upset with the Raptors for not eating a shit sandwich for the privilege of letting their best player ever go to another team.

The agent can always push Lowry to take less money and then he can go wherever he wants, but agents don't that because his salary is a % of Lowry's earnings.
        I just think the dynamics are more complicated than they appear. Don't disagree that there would be pressure on wherever Lowry wanted to go (assuming they want him) but it's not a one-way street where the destination team needs to bend over for Toronto.

A lot of it will obviously depend on Lowry's options....I still think his free agency was the trade deadline and that showed his value around the league but perhaps with a lot of failed contenders the market will be more robust. It might end up being Lowry who needs to make some sacrifices.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post

You are right. They are entirely different scenarios though.
          The S&T would be to a team that wants Lowry for multiple years and the other for a finals-push/cap relief.

And if he walks, well... RFA now, instead of picks + RFA later if we offloaded him sooner.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what his S&T value is.
          Are we re-signing Trent in this scenario? Are we adding a C of any significant salary? If either, we will not be a cap space team anytime soon after this summer regardless of Lowry. It's RFA this summer or likely not until we break up this core.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Are we re-signing Trent in this scenario? Are we adding a C of any significant salary? If either, we will not be a cap space team anytime soon after this summer regardless of Lowry. It's RFA this summer or likely not until we break up this core.
            Yeah, I agree, and I want to re-sign Trent. Haha, you already know I want this team to add a quality Center, as well.

Either an RFA or thru a S&T, doesn't matter that much to me.

My only concern is with the S&T option is that it becomes a broken promise, and we end up waiting for the acquisition of new talent that never arrives.

I will be disappointed if Lowry plays the rest of his career a Raptor and we treadmill when we could be tanking. Or even worse, tanking with Lowry.

And IF that happens, we will all be reflecting about why we didn't offload Lowry for garbage contracts and more picks when we had the chance last trade deadline.

Comment

• Any chance Lowry signs a new contract with the Raptors. Say a 2 year deal with an option, with an agreement in place to move him at the deadline if we try and contend this year but doesn't go as planned?

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post
                Any chance Lowry signs a new contract with the Raptors. Say a 2 year deal with an option, with an agreement in place to move him at the deadline if we try and contend this year but doesn't go as planned?
                Absolutely there's a chance. I've long had the odds about split into thirds: him just walking, him leaving via sign and trade, him re-signing here. Completely up in the air.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Gotta think, after not drafting his replacement, that we’re the favourite to sign him.

Comment

• I've said it from day one, his going 2 south beach, maimi in a sign and trade.
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Grant Afseth reporting that Miami is currently the "frontrunner" to sign Lowry, with Dallas and New Orleans also in contention. Philly seems to have dropped out.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                        Philly seems to have dropped out.
                        Word has it Masai was demanding a package of Ben Simmons, three first round picks, four pick swaps, 18 second round picks, Thybulle, Maxey, Danny ‘Money’ Green, Mike Scott, Allen Iverson, DJ Questlove & one of either Dr J or Sir Charles Barkley. And cash considerations. And a one of kind NFT of the much beloved Flyers’ Mascot, Gritty.

Morey considered and apparently things got pretty close but ultimately Daryl didn’t wanna part ways with the famed, cracked Liberty Bell and a half-eaten cheesesteak which he was spotted eating yesterday afternoon.

Too bad the deal fell apart over something as simple as that. Shame that reasonable minds couldn’t prevail.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Word has it Masai was demanding a package of Ben Simmons, three first round picks, four pick swaps, 18 second round picks, Thybulle, Maxey, Danny ‘Money’ Green, Mike Scott, Allen Iverson, DJ Questlove & one of either Dr J or Sir Charles Barkley. And cash considerations. And a one of kind NFT of the much beloved Flyers’ Mascot, Gritty.

Morey considered and apparently things got pretty close but ultimately Daryl didn’t wanna part ways with the famed, cracked Liberty Bell and a half-eaten cheesesteak which he was spotted eating yesterday afternoon.

Too bad the deal fell apart over something as simple as that. Shame that reasonable minds couldn’t prevail.
                          Word is that Chuck is now sending Daryl death threats for refusing that offer.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Later that same day, the half eaten cheese steak was found in an alley where it had been furiously been flung against the decrepit and decaying brick wall of a shooter bar.

Comment

• The essay writing service navigates complex topics with finesse. Their essays simplify intricate subjects, making them accessible and interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X