No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah seriously...we've been over this...he's coming back...I will bet my one remaining functional testicle on it
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      yeah seriously...we've been over this...he's coming back...I will bet my one remaining functional testicle on it
      said the future eunuch
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
        said the future eunuch
        Dead.

Comment

• There's an article in the Morning Coffee links stating that if Lowry walks, Reggie Jackson or Isaiah Thomas might be decent backup plans (restricted and unrestricted free agents respectively).

Losing Lowry would suck, but does anyone see us winning ~50 games with either Jackson or Thomas running the show next year?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            There's an article in the Morning Coffee links stating that if Lowry walks, Reggie Jackson or Isaiah Thomas might be decent backup plans (restricted and unrestricted free agents respectively).

Losing Lowry would suck, but does anyone see us winning ~50 games with either Jackson or Thomas running the show next year?
            Eh I dunno. Neither offer the talent on both sides of the ball, or the win at all costs mentality of KL
            @Boymusic66

Comment

• Isn't Eric Bledsoe a RFA also?
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Isn't Eric Bledsoe a RFA also?
                How high do you think you`d have to go to get PHX to not match?
                @Boymusic66

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  Isn't Eric Bledsoe a RFA also?
                  Yeah but Phoenix said they are gonna match any offer
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Yeah but Phoenix said they are gonna match any offer
                    Thanks, did not know that.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      There's an article in the Morning Coffee links stating that if Lowry walks, Reggie Jackson or Isaiah Thomas might be decent backup plans (restricted and unrestricted free agents respectively).

No, likely not.

I like Jackson's game, but it screams "combo guard off the bench". He is very talented though, so maybe he could become a great starter.

And Thomas...I don't know, something about his game reminds me a lot of Mike James when he was in Toronto for that year.

Comment

• Reggie Jackson reminds me of Darren Collison when he stepped in for Chris Paul for 20-some games in his rookie year and looked like the second coming of Chris Paul.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                          As far as I know we can extend Lowry any time before June 30. Restrictions would be that the extension can be for four seasons max; the first year of the contract can be only a 7.5% raise (so, $6.675 million in Lowry's case).

We could, however, get around this by giving him a signing bonus. As an example, let's say we wanted to sign him to a three year, roughly $10 million-a-year deal, we could sign him to a $6.675, $10, $10, and then give him a 3 million signing bonus, so that from a cap-hit perspective, it's roughly $7.5, $11.1, $11.1. (Signing bonus is max 15% of total salary, so 4 million). But from Lowry's perspective, he gets $10 million each season, with, essentially, a $3 million advance on his first year on July 1st.
                          No, we can't give him what you outlined there - it violates the annual raise limit. The highest contract extension we can offer is 6.7M, 7.2M, 7.7M.

If we wanted to offer a signing bonus, we'd have two options - either count the signing bonus during the current season (we do not have the cap space required for this), or apply the bonus across all seasons equally (no way Lowry accepts non-guaranteed salary on a 3 year deal). The issue is, the total salary has to fit within the raise limits, not just the base salary. As such, the total salary for the first season INCLUDING the cap hits from the signing bonus has to be 6.7M.

So we can only offer an extension of 21.5M over 3 years. If we use the maximum signing bonus (15%), it reduces the total we can give him to 21.3M, with the cap hits being 6.7M, 7.1M, and 7.5, and Lowry getting 3.2M up front (so his payment is actually 9.9M, 6.0M, 6.4M).
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            No, we can't give him what you outlined there - it violates the annual raise limit. The highest contract extension we can offer is 6.7M, 7.2M, 7.7M.

If we wanted to offer a signing bonus, we'd have two options - either count the signing bonus during the current season (we do not have the cap space required for this), or apply the bonus across all seasons equally (no way Lowry accepts non-guaranteed salary on a 3 year deal). The issue is, the total salary has to fit within the raise limits, not just the base salary. As such, the total salary for the first season INCLUDING the cap hits from the signing bonus has to be 6.7M.

So we can only offer an extension of 21.5M over 3 years. If we use the maximum signing bonus (15%), it reduces the total we can give him to 21.3M, with the cap hits being 6.7M, 7.1M, and 7.5, and Lowry getting 3.2M up front (so his payment is actually 9.9M, 6.0M, 6.4M).
                            Unless I'm reading the CBA FAQ wrong, The maximum raise is 7.5% in only the first year of an extension only. Or, does this mean the maximum raise in all years is equal to 7.5% of the first year salary?

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q54

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                              Unless I'm reading the CBA FAQ wrong, The maximum raise is 7.5% in only the first year of an extension only. Or, does this mean the maximum raise in all years is equal to 7.5% of the first year salary?

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q54
                              Yes, 7.5% OF the first year, not just in the first year.

See Q59 as well for more detail, especially this sentence:

Raises in each year of a veteran extension are limited to 7.5% of the salary in the first year of the extension.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X