No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakers are attracted to big names, Lowry isn't one of them. They wont throw crazy money at him, they likely rather throw crazy money at Love or Melo.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      They can also stretch him.. their cap hit would be $3.2M for 3 years instead of $9.7M for one.. but that $6.5M in cap space savings would be enough to engineer a signing for Lowry if that's what they want to do.
      But they'd have that cap hit for 2015 and 2016 as well. I don't think they risk that.

2015 (Love and LeBron), 2016 (Durant) are likely in their sights. I'd be shocked if they blow all their future cap space this summer.

Comment

• Are we able to sign and trade Lowry?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
          Are we able to sign and trade Lowry?

Yes but S&T are always difficult:

1) original team has to agree,
          2) player has to agree,
          3) new team has to agree.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            I am told Peter Vecsey has little clue.

Nash has already said he won't turn down $9.5M.

Even if he retired, the Lakers still lose the cap space unless they agree to a buyout (and then the buyout becomes the cap hit).
            Agree. when was the last time Vecsey was right about anything.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              But they'd have that cap hit for 2015 and 2016 as well. I don't think they risk that.

2015 (Love and LeBron), 2016 (Durant) are likely in their sights. I'd be shocked if they blow all their future cap space this summer.
              LeBron is a free agent this year. Or maybe you think he's going to pick up his player option?

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                Are we able to sign and trade Lowry?

Who do you want to sign and trade him for ?? Are we now thinking about tanking after missing on the biggest draft of the decade ??

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Lowry asking for $10-12M per year

Peter Vecsey

‏@PeterVecsey1

I am told it'll take 10-12M per 4 TR 2 retain Lowry. Lakers should make strong play 4 him. Nash must 1st retire & open up cap xtra cap space

10:57 PM - 20 May 2014
                    Don't know much about Peter Vescey. I don't see Nash retiring, although the Lakers could mortgage future cap space and free up more room to sign Lowry. That could be a serious problem for us, because Lowry might see them as a better option long-term than we are.

10-12M a year though sounds fine, hopefully it's closer to the bottom of that range though

Comment

• 10M per year is fine on a 4yr deal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                        Don't know much about Peter Vescey. I don't see Nash retiring, although the Lakers could mortgage future cap space and free up more room to sign Lowry. That could be a serious problem for us, because Lowry might see them as a better option long-term than we are.

10-12M a year though sounds fine, hopefully it's closer to the bottom of that range though
                        Why would see them as a better long-term option?
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• 10mill aint so bad just get it done Masai please

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                            Why would see them as a better long-term option?

Comment

• Vecsey is completely useless as a source. His last useful scoop was pre-internet.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                                That's not a long term option.

I don't think Lowry would go to L.A. just because it's a storied franchise. As of right now, the Raps put him in a better position to succeed and win.
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X