No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish people used calculators and common sense before they reported things.

1/ The math of this is screwy at best and would need a significant amount of dodginess to pull off.
    2/ Wade is near the end and he has 2 years at 20+ Mill left -- anyone here think he should not opt in?
    3/ Does anyone believe that Lowry wants to play on a team where the SF runs/calls all the plays? Really?

I'm not saying he is definitely coming back, but this makes little basketball sense, and even less financial logic.
    Last edited by blackjitsu; Tue Jun 17, 2014, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
      they need depth, AND a pg. chalmers clearly didn't cut it.
      Wasn't Chalmers hurt? Pretty sure he was dealing with a bad shin and knee the whole playoffs. Injuries happen. The fact that they have very little depth behind him was a big issue. This year's team wasn't nearly as deep as last years.

Comment

they need depth, AND a pg. chalmers clearly didn't cut it.
        Yeah but how much is the PG really going to run the O? If Wade and LeBron are both back, that's a lot of plays being called for those guys to have the ball in their hands. They may need an upgrade at PG, but I don't know how much better a player they can get than Chalmers who'll actually be willing to fit into the small role the PG will play.

If I were the Heat, I'd be looking more at options like Avery Bradly, Darren Collison, Devin Harris, even DJ Augustin (see if I could replicate some of his bench scoring magic in Miami), and maybe a couple of potential minimum contract vets like Steve Blake or Luke Ridnour.

I'd also be looking for a big-time upgrade at C to play some conventional lineups and bolster interior D, even if it means looking into trade. And yeah, I'd also look to improve depth, especially by getting more youth on the depth chart.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          Wasn't Chalmers hurt? Pretty sure he was dealing with a bad shin and knee the whole playoffs. Injuries happen. The fact that they have very little depth behind him was a big issue. This year's team wasn't nearly as deep as last years.
          are you sure you're not thinking of d wade? dont think chalmers was hurt. at least nothing i've read or seen indicated this.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Yeah but how much is the PG really going to run the O? If Wade and LeBron are both back, that's a lot of plays being called for those guys to have the ball in their hands. They may need an upgrade at PG, but I don't know how much better a player they can get than Chalmers who'll actually be willing to fit into the small role the PG will play

If I were the Heat, I'd be looking more at options like Avery Bradly, Darren Collison, Devin Harris, even DJ Augustin (see if I could replicate some of his bench scoring magic in Miami), and maybe a couple of potential minimum contract vets like Steve Blake or Luke Ridnour.

I'd also be looking for a big-time upgrade at C to play some conventional lineups and bolster interior D, even if it means looking into trade. And yeah, I'd also look to improve depth, especially by getting more youth on the depth chart.
            at this point, the heat are gonna have to re-strategize their tactics anyway now that they know they can't just rely on their big 3 and some timely ray allen 3's. they'd have to be seriously thinking of a solid PG upgrade.
            chalmers was a turnover machine when he was on the floor, which the spurs converted for a huge amount of points. if augustin goes to the heat and they win next year, i will shit bricks. two ex-raptors scrubs getting rings before our team is just deflating!

Comment

at this point, the heat are gonna have to re-strategize their tactics anyway now that they know they can't just rely on their big 3 and some timely ray allen 3's. they'd have to be seriously thinking of a solid PG upgrade.
              chalmers was a turnover machine when he was on the floor, which the spurs converted for a huge amount of points. if augustin goes to the heat and they win next year, i will shit bricks. two ex-raptors scrubs getting rings before our team is just deflating!
              That may be true, but they cannot sign Wade to a huge extension and upgrade at PG. It's basically impossible. And Wade is clearly the weak link. His game isn't aging well. He tries to do the same things he did at 26, but he just can't. He hasn't adapted at all to make up for his loss of explosiveness.

As long as Wade is there and expects himself to be a big part of the big 3, they'll be struggling to build a real lineup around them. He either has to take a massive paycut with a reduction in role, or they have to be willing to let him walk and they pursue other guys to round out their roster. I think neither scenario is likely. Wade's ego is far too big for the former, and not sure Miami is willing to cut Wade out as he's been such a big part of their franchise for a decade.

Comment

• Comment

• Heat aren't exactly in a bad spot

virtually everyone is a free agent this summer with the big three on their options or whatever

if heat are smart they resign lebron and bosh and tell wade to take a paycut (BIG paycut) or walk, sorry bro. riley's ruthless. don't think he won't do it.

refill roster with (younger, better) role players.

get to finals again, see what happens.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    Heat aren't exactly in a bad spot

virtually everyone is a free agent this summer with the big three on their options or whatever

if heat are smart they resign lebron and bosh and tell wade to take a paycut (BIG paycut) or walk, sorry bro. riley's ruthless. don't think he won't do it.

refill roster with (younger, better) role players.

get to finals again, see what happens.
                    The thing is, if Wade's people are convinced this will happen, there is absolutely no way he opts out.

Comment

• while i think lowry wants to finally be paid like the player he is, it really wouldn't shock me if he went to a team like the heat for less than what we're offering.

remember, dude was being shopped and was a dolan meltdown trade-nix away from being a knick. i don't honestly believe lowry feels like he owes the team anything.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

while i think lowry wants to finally be paid like the player he is, it really wouldn't shock me if he went to a team like the heat for less than what we're offering.

remember, dude was being shopped and was a dolan meltdown trade-nix away from being a knick. i don't honestly believe lowry feels like he owes the team anything.
                        Yeah, but how big a paycut will he take? Would he be willing to take the MLE, which is less than what he made this past year? I strongly doubt it. The offer would have to be at least within someting like a couple of million of what we're offering, which means Wade taking a huge paycut or Miami letting him go.

Comment

while i think lowry wants to finally be paid like the player he is, it really wouldn't shock me if he went to a team like the heat for less than what we're offering.

And don't forget he was a back up to Jose while feuding with Casey.

A lot has changed in a year but Lowry might take the same approach the Raptors took with him: It is a business and I'm going to do what is best for me.

Comment

The thing is, if Wade's people are convinced this will happen, there is absolutely no way he opts out.
                            basically, but heat can also say hey listen you're not getting any younger but we'll sign you to a long term contract... if you take a paycut. lord knows no one is going to give you the max. wouldn't you rather win here?

if you're a semi contender (mavs/chi/rockets) how much would you actually offer wade? his camp has to know this.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

basically, but heat can also say hey listen you're not getting any younger but and we'll sign you to a long term contract... if you take a paycut. lord knows no one is going to give you the max. wouldn't you rather win here?

if you're a semi contender (mavs/chi/rockets) how much would you actually offer wade? his camp has to know this.
                              Yeah, but he can opt out next year instead. Or not at all. The thing is, if he takes a hefty paycut, why not wait another year or two instead to take it? He can make over 40M the next two years, which could be the value of his entire next contract, including if it comes two years from now instead of this summer.

Comment

Yeah, but how big a paycut will he take? Would he be willing to take the MLE, which is less than what he made this past year? I strongly doubt it. The offer would have to be at least within someting like a couple of million of what we're offering, which means Wade taking a huge paycut or Miami letting him go.
                                i don't believe toronto has any stake in where Lowry goes outside of $$$ and we'll have to pay him a pretty penny to stay. something like 13-14 a year. and that's assuming we're the highest bidder. i'm guessing we won't be.

i love lowry and genuinely believe he's one of the top 5, maybe top 3 players to ever wear a raptors jersey but even i'm not comfortable giving him 14ish+ a year. guys like tony parker don't even make that much.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X