Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stretch wrote: View Post
    I am trying to think of a team that would be willing to spend 8-10 million per to land Lowry. There may not be much competition for Kyle, hence the smokscreen.
    I think there is going to be a ton of interest for Lowry when all the dust settles.

I think the Heat Big 3 are staying put.

The Lakers aren't going to land Love and probably won't land Melo either. I'd say Lowry becomes the next best choice. I also think the Mavs might step in.

As someone pointed out on another board, it's interesting that Lowry has already removed his Raptors background from his twitter. I don't want to read too much into it but I suspect he's prepared mentally to leave the squad.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      I think there is going to be a ton of interest for Lowry when all the dust settles.

I think the Heat Big 3 are staying put.

The Lakers aren't going to land Love and probably won't land Melo either. I'd say Lowry becomes the next best choice. I also think the Mavs might step in.

As someone pointed out on another board, it's interesting that Lowry has already removed his Raptors background from his twitter. I don't want to read too much into it but I suspect he's prepared mentally to leave the squad.
      I can't see the Mavs stepping in with Jose and Ellis under contract. I feel like their top targets will be Melo, Deng, and Gasol. It wouldn't shock me if they went after and got Lowry, but I do think they'd be then gearing up to trade Jose.

Comment

• The Mavs have Calderon (Harris and Larkin, also).

The Lakers do need a point guard and have cap space, but I am still trying to think of other teams with cap space and in need of a rather expensive veteran point guard.

Comment

• the thing about Lowry is he had various issues at all times in his career. Until Masai came to town. Masai sat him down and got the absolute best out of Lowry on and off the floor. I'd say he credits a lot of that to Masai and obviously his own hard work. I think he'll be back
          Ball Don't Lie

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I can't see the Mavs stepping in with Jose and Ellis under contract. I feel like their top targets will be Melo, Deng, and Gasol. It wouldn't shock me if they went after and got Lowry, but I do think they'd be then gearing up to trade Jose.
            I agree, but they keep striking out on the top guys, so I really doubt Melo goes there. I also have this feeling that Cuban is going to go on tilt this summer. They have a ton of capspace and Dirk is willing to play for less, so I think any number of things could happen with them. Mavs fans have definitely talked about moving Jose, because there isn't much defense there with him and Ellis in the backcourt. They might have to give up a pick and/or more to move him but again, Cuban is a bit of a wildcard.

Comment

• It's laughable to me that after getting absolutely exposed in the post by Duncan and Diaw (What happened to this BS about Bosh being a good defender? Oh right, we here already knew he sucked at it.) the Heat (or, at least, their media hangers-on) think that their biggest issue is at point guard, a position where any average defender / three-point shooter could excel on that lineup.

Seriously, did Tim Duncan take that 15-18 foot jumper even once this series?

Comment

• Actually one of Miami's biggest issues was a lack of a shot creator besides LeBron. Normally that would be Wade, but he was turning the ball over so frequently that he was incapable of playing that role. Lowry fits perfectly there, plus he does everything Chalmers does as well but better: better defender, better rebounder, better at shooting the 3.

It's a great fit.

Another player the Heat should go after is a guy like Gortat. Beasley should get more minutes off the bench even though he doesn't defend well, because they need that added scoring punch.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  honestly, i think lowry going to the heat wouldnt work, you got too many bold personalities on that team. the reason chalmers has been their point guard for so long is because hes always being yelled at by all of his teamates. hes like a punching bag. Do you think lowry would make for a good punchingbag, he would fight clash with every one of them.

I swear the only reason chalmers is on that team is to get yelled at, every time out somebody is yelling at him. Lowrys personality would clash with lebrons and and every other bold guy on that team, the reason lowry actually lived up to his potential this year was because he was the leader, in miami lbj will obviosly take that crown from him leading to the rebirth of the houston lowry.
                  what clashing would you think he'd even have over there? if somehow lowry signs with the heat, he'd obviously be their starting PG, which is what hes wanted all of his career. starter for the heat? yah i don't think he'd be that unhappy. lowry also became leader of the raptors be default anyway. who else could do it? not DD. hes the poster child for hard work, but hes not a leader.

lowrys also been preaching '15 deep' ALL season. i doubt he's all of a sudden going to forget that if he leaves.

Comment

• A way Lowry can end up on the HEAT?

The Big Three have roughly two years and $42 million remaining. If all three opt-out and sign new five-year, $85 million deals, their first year salary drops from roughly $21 million to $14.04 million, and escalates up to about where they currently are today.

Not great for LeBron, but excellent for Bosh and Wade in that they get the $42 million owed to them and another $43 million for helping keep the band together.

Haslem has $4.6 million left as we covered above. He declines his option and gets a new three-year deal worth $6.2 million. His $4.6 million drops to $1.87 million, but he stays in the NBA and more importantly plays in Miami for three more seasons.

Assuming Andersen is off the books as he says, he could still be re-signed later as he is basically an NBA minimum guy anyway.

So let’s run the math: James ($14.04 million), Wade ($14.04 million), Bosh ($14.04 million), Haslem ($1.8 million), Cole ($2.03 million) and a draft pick ($992K) for a grand total of $46.94 million. Or, said another way, $16.05 million in useable cap space and the Big Three stay to together and can go shopping for teammates.

Read more at http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...it-up-in-miami
                    There are two issues with the above:

1) Did not account for cap holds so add about another $3.5M to salary,
                    2) Would LeBron surrender another $35M in salary? I can see Bosh and Wade doing it but LeBron? I don't know.

So they would have about $12.55M to spend.

Comment

• The Miami situation is really interesting.

I think it's obvious that Miami needs more talent, but should they go after just one guy who makes around 10 mil, or try to spread it over a number of different impact players?

I imagine it would be more likely for the big three to be convinced to accept lower Salaries if it was a big name player and they were confident they would get that player (aka melo), than if they are opting out and getting less money to accommodate upgrades from role players.

When it comes to Lowry, I think the Raps to offer him a deal as soon as they are allowed under the CBA. There's always team willing to use up cap space on second teir guys (Boozer, Amir, Chandler) after they've struck out on the big fish. A smart GM that has lots of cap space might try to sign Lowry to a front loaded deal that would be difficult for the raps to match.

As much as I like Lowry, I'll be okay if he walks (although the Nene contract would point to Masai paying what's necessary, and then flipping him during the season). We've still got 3-4 years until Ross and Jonas hit their primes, so there's still plenty of time to add more young players who will get a couple years to develop.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        A way Lowry can end up on the HEAT?

2) Would LeBron surrender another $35M in salary? I can see Bosh and Wade doing it but LeBron? I don't know.

Wow, reading that article I suddenly realized that Miami's team isn't the Heat, it's the HEAT. God, how stupid.

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                          The Miami situation is really interesting.

I think it's obvious that Miami needs more talent, but should they go after just one guy who makes around 10 mil, or try to spread it over a number of different impact players?

I imagine it would be more likely for the big three to be convinced to accept lower Salaries if it was a big name player and they were confident they would get that player (aka melo), than if they are opting out and getting less money to accommodate upgrades from role players.

When it comes to Lowry, I think the Raps to offer him a deal as soon as they are allowed under the CBA. There's always team willing to use up cap space on second teir guys (Boozer, Amir, Chandler) after they've struck out on the big fish. A smart GM that has lots of cap space might try to sign Lowry to a front loaded deal that would be difficult for the raps to match.

As much as I like Lowry, I'll be okay if he walks (although the Nene contract would point to Masai paying what's necessary, and then flipping him during the season). We've still got 3-4 years until Ross and Jonas hit their primes, so there's still plenty of time to add more young players who will get a couple years to develop.
                          Bold 1: Don't forget they'd also have the top up exception at their disposal.

BOld 2: Raps can sign him to an extension now. It is just not in his best interests.

Bold 3: Lowry is not restricted. No matching in that sense. A front loaded deal would likely be in Raptors best interests.

Everything else is pretty much bang on in my opinion.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            The scenario where Lowry signs with the Heat is entirely predicated on all 3 opting out and re-signing for smaller deals. If we assume they sign for the same deals they signed for last time (14.5M each minus 300k for Wade) then they would have 13.8M in cap room if all their other players opt out of their player options and they waive Hamilton.
                            mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            A way Lowry can end up on the HEAT?

I think we covered this scenario nice and early in the thread.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Bold 1: Don't forget they'd also have the top up exception at their disposal.

BOld 2: Raps can sign him to an extension now. It is just not in his best interests.

Bold 3: Lowry is not restricted. No matching in that sense. A front loaded deal would likely be in Raptors best interests.

Everything else is pretty much bang on in my opinion.
                              That top-up is what probably gets used on Haslem assuming he opts out. Meaning you are looking at getting Lowry at, say, 9M to start, plus another guy for about 4-5M, then Haslem on the top-up and Birdman for the minimum.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                That top-up is what probably gets used on Haslem assuming he opts out. Meaning you are looking at getting Lowry at, say, 9M to start, plus another guy for about 4-5M, then Haslem on the top-up and Birdman for the minimum.
                                If Lowry was adamant about joining the HEAT maybe the Raps could sign and trade for #26 allowing HEAT to keep the MLE as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X