Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Bold 3: Lowry is not restricted. No matching in that sense. A front loaded deal would likely be in Raptors best interests.
    Yeah I wrote that wrong. Basically, the point I was trying to make is that if Lowry is still unsigned after bigger name free agents, teams that have cap space might offer him more than market value, because what else are they going to do with that cap space. That might put Lowry in a situation where he says to Ujiri, I want to come back to the Raps, but I'm getting X amount from team Y.

However, if you focus making a deal with Lowry while other teams are focusing on trying to sign Carmelo, you may be able to avoid other teams offering an overpay that Ujiri is unwilling match (again this is assuming that Lowry like Toronto, but doesn't want to leave money on the table). As you correctly pointed out IF Lowry just wants to sign with another team, it doesn't matter what we offer.

I'm just thinking that most teams would rather throw money at Melo then Lowry so if you can lock him up before Melo (if Melo opts out) signs a deal you may be able to save a million or so, because teams that strike out on Melo might be willing to overpay so that they don't come up empty in free agency.

In agreement about being creative with the structure of a Lowry deal.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• I don't think it'll come down any one on Miami taking less, but the Heat expecting Lowry to take less to join them. Something I just can't see Lowry doing. He's been waiting for his big day for a long time, and he's going to take full advantage of it. That's my guess anyway. He goes where the money is.

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
        Yeah I wrote that wrong. Basically, the point I was trying to make is that if Lowry is still unsigned after bigger name free agents, teams that have cap space might offer him more than market value, because what else are they going to do with that cap space. That might put Lowry in a situation where he says to Ujiri, I want to come back to the Raps, but I'm getting X amount from team Y.

However, if you focus making a deal with Lowry while other teams are focusing on trying to sign Carmelo, you may be able to avoid other teams offering an overpay that Ujiri is unwilling match (again this is assuming that Lowry like Toronto, but doesn't want to leave money on the table). As you correctly pointed out IF Lowry just wants to sign with another team, it doesn't matter what we offer.

I'm just thinking that most teams would rather throw money at Melo then Lowry so if you can lock him up before Melo (if Melo opts out) signs a deal you may be able to save a million or so, because teams that strike out on Melo might be willing to overpay so that they don't come up empty in free agency.

In agreement about being creative with the structure of a Lowry deal.
        I would imagine the Raptors will be trying to verbally commit immediately. I imagine Masai will be on the phone at 12:01am.

If Lowry doesn't commit immediately and the Raptors are pushing to do so, that is quite telling, no?

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
          what clashing would you think he'd even have over there? if somehow lowry signs with the heat, he'd obviously be their starting PG, which is what hes wanted all of his career. starter for the heat? yah i don't think he'd be that unhappy. lowry also became leader of the raptors be default anyway. who else could do it? not DD. hes the poster child for hard work, but hes not a leader.

lowrys also been preaching '15 deep' ALL season. i doubt he's all of a sudden going to forget that if he leaves.
          Okay. So every single game. Sonebody is yelling at chalmers for doing the wrong thing and all he does is wait for an open pass from somebody else. Now imagine lowry who im guessing will be the secondary ballhandlet. Imagine if everybpdy starts yelling at him for taking one of his threes in transition and someone like lbj is open. I dpnt think lowry woulf be cool with leading to some clashes.

Dont you think hed want to be a leader in miami too. Do you think he will just take a backseat and let lebron do whatever the hell he wants. I dont see him doing that willfully maybe forcefully. He is a bold personality and basically runs shit here and in miami he will just becpme a better mario chalmers. But hey if you think hed be cool with the bckseat than i guess hes a match made in heavon for the heat

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

If Lowry was adamant about joining the HEAT maybe the Raps could sign and trade for #26 allowing HEAT to keep the MLE as well.
            A sign and trade seems tricky, the only player they have on their roster to trade us is Haslem, would Lowry for Haslem and the #26 work?

Along the same line of thinking, IF Haslem opts in AND the Heat are trying to clear cap space what about Salmons for Haslem and #26, or if your trying to be sneaky, Haslem for Salmons and Miami's 2020 unprotected first rounder?
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              We have 2 funny threads going strong right now ...

1) Lowry to the Heat
              2) Lebron to the Raptors

I think you can see where this is headed .... lol
              Great post haha.

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              -Houston is a threat, since they could clear space by trading guys, could stand to upgrade their PG position, and Lowry would probably be comfortable there.

So yeah, Toronto's dealing from a pretty good position where they can offer him money, a chance to be on a playoff team, to play the role of leader, and familiarity is always a plus. And since Toronto doesn't have to work any magic to clear space, they can negotiate confidently and directly with Lowry once free agency starts, when other teams could still be scrambling to figure out how they could even make a real offer.
              Where did you hear that about Houston? I read somewhere near the trade deadline that Houston didn't want anything to do with Lowry after his first stint with the team.
              Myself (March 2014):
              The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

If Lowry was adamant about joining the HEAT maybe the Raps could sign and trade for #26 allowing HEAT to keep the MLE as well.
                Sign and trade would be difficult to keep them above the cap - I don't think they have the salary to send back, and they don't have a trade exception that would help. The only way they absorb Lowry's new salary is with cap space - for which they need to waive their MLE.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I would imagine the Raptors will be trying to verbally commit immediately. I imagine Masai will be on the phone at 12:01am.

If Lowry doesn't commit immediately and the Raptors are pushing to do so, that is quite telling, no?
                  It says one of two things...

1) I'm going to the highest bidder
                  2) I'm not interesting in coming back to the Raptors

I think 1 is more likely than 2.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Sign and trade would be difficult to keep them above the cap - I don't think they have the salary to send back, and they don't have a trade exception that would help. The only way they absorb Lowry's new salary is with cap space - for which they need to waive their MLE.
                    Depends on the starting salary of Lowry.

Would likely have to include Cole. I think that should do it.

$12.55 in cap space plus
                    $2.04 for Cole

$14.6M minus
                    $9M for Lowry

Leaves $5.6M

So Cole and #26 for Lowry in S&T.

Comment

• Guys, Eric Bledsoe!!!

Lowry leaving could be a blessing!

Comment

$12.55 in cap space plus
                        $2.04 for Cole

$14.6M minus
                        $9M for Lowry

Leaves $5.6M

Doesn't work that way. They could certainly have cap space equivalent to the MLE, but not the MLE itself. Frankly, the cap space is preferable, as you then get the room MLE as well.

Anyway, if they just wanted to dump Cole, I'm sure they could find a taker that wouldn't cost them their first. Or they grin and bear it, keep Cole as a backup PG, and use 3.6M instead of 5.6M for free agents, plus their room MLE.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

$12.55 in cap space plus
                          $2.04 for Cole

$14.6M minus
                          $9M for Lowry

Leaves $5.6M

That's poopy (sorry for my language).
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            That's poopy (sorry for my language).
                            It's only poopy if Lowry wasn't going to leave, if he is it's just gravy.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Doesn't work that way. They could certainly have cap space equivalent to the MLE, but not the MLE itself. Frankly, the cap space is preferable, as you then get the room MLE as well.

Anyway, if they just wanted to dump Cole, I'm sure they could find a taker that wouldn't cost them their first. Or they grin and bear it, keep Cole as a backup PG, and use 3.6M instead of 5.6M for free agents, plus their room MLE.
                              Right I forgot previous lesson you had given on that.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Guys, Eric Bledsoe!!!

Lowry leaving could be a blessing!
                                Bledsoe is an RFA. Phoenix will match any offer, they have already said that they will do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X