Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Bledsoe is an RFA. Phoenix will match any offer, they have already said that they will do so.
    That could just be the Suns working the media a bit to hopefully keep the offers down (or away altogether).

It won't be easy to get Bledsoe out of Phoenix but the max or something close to it might make them think about declining to match.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
      Bledsoe is an RFA. Phoenix will match any offer, they have already said that they will do so.
      The Suns hope to negotiate a deal with Tucker and restricted free-agent teammate Eric Bledsoe in the first few days of July.

“We’ll try to do that as soon as possible and not let it get to the point where you’d have to get an offer and we’d match it,” Suns General Manager Ryan McDonough said.
      http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...-match-offers/

This sounds like a team that would likely hesitate to match a heavy offer.

Comment

• I'm prepared for whatever happens with the Lowry situation. I'm still skeptical that he can duplicate his contract year performance. I still think that we should talk to OKC regarding Reggie Jackson (a big PG that I think will be a pretty good player and i doubt they will be able to afford). We may also draft a PG (Ennis, Payton or Napier) in the upcoming draft.

Blessing in disguise....you never know

One thing i do know is that I DO NOT want to overpay Lowry only to see him revert back to his usual self.

Comment

• Bledsoe talk is interesting.

I wonder, if Lowry left, would Toronto use DeRozan as a trade chip to sign and trade for Bledsoe? Maybe get a future draft pick as well or maybe they select players on draft night that appeal to Toronto or maybe they are talking already considering PHX can negotiate with Bledsoe's agent directly and PHX has expressed prior interest in DeRozan?

Clearly talking out of my bum here.

Comment

• Losing Lowry to Miami of all places would be a pretty big kick in the gut but I'd prefer that if the other option is overpaying him. I don't think Toronto should be much higher than the $9 million that Miami could offer him in certain scenarios. If he can get close to what he'd get from the Raptors from Miami or significantly more from another team I'd expect him to take it.

Comment

• I just read someone say that Miami has a better chance at winning than Toronto without LeBron, I just wanted to tell that person that they're crazy

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Good sign-and-trade options with Miami, in rough order:

2. James Ennis, their pick from last year, who spent the year in Australia where he was a dominant force
                3. Norris Cole
                4. Udonis Haslem

Probably what gets the deal done is one of the first two plus Haslem.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                  Good sign-and-trade options with Miami, in rough order:

2. James Ennis, their pick from last year, who spent the year in Australia where he was a dominant force
                  3. Norris Cole
                  4. Udonis Haslem

Probably what gets the deal done is one of the first two plus Haslem.
                  or all 4
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• They can also trade their 2017 first, with a note that pushes it back if their 2015 pick (which they've already traded) is delivered in 2015 (but it will be as they will not be a lotto team next year).
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post

Where did you hear that about Houston? I read somewhere near the trade deadline that Houston didn't want anything to do with Lowry after his first stint with the team.
                      I remember the opposite, reports were that Houston showed interest in him before the deadline. Their front office still appears to be a big fan of his, and the only question mark is the player-coach relationship between he and McHale. He was close to Adelman and when Houston made the change, things went south. I think I also remember reports that it may not be an issue. That Lowry may be more receptive to the coach, and that McHale would be ok with a reunion.

Anyway, it's still just all rumours at this point.

Comment

• K, we need to immediately banish all talk about Lowry --> Heat
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          I remember the opposite, reports were that Houston showed interest in him before the deadline. Their front office still appears to be a big fan of his, and the only question mark is the player-coach relationship between he and McHale. He was close to Adelman and when Houston made the change, things went south. I think I also remember reports that it may not be an issue. That Lowry may be more receptive to the coach, and that McHale would be ok with a reunion.

Anyway, it's still just all rumours at this point.
                          Not totally rumours. If it is coming from Woj, I lean more towards fact:

Morey and McHale still felt strongly about Lowry and his talent, and made a bid at the trade deadline to bring him back to the Rockets, league sources said.

Looking back, the unraveling under McHale still festers with Lowry. He wishes he had been smarter, surer of himself, less combative in carving out his turf in the NBA. He wishes he had grown up sooner. For Lowry, reaching peace with these revelations gave him the chance to change everything with the Raptors.

"I would have done things differently in Houston," Lowry says. "I really respected Kevin McHale. I wish I would have had an opportunity to play for him longer. The things he was teaching me, well, I didn't understand right away. When you get away from someone, though, see it from the outside looking in, you go back and think, 'Damn, I could've learned some more things from the guy.'

"I wanted to stay with Coach Adelman and needed to get over that. [McHale] came in with a different philosophy, and I wish I could've adapted to it quicker."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-kyl...225543400.html

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...-match-offers/

This sounds like a team that would likely hesitate to match a heavy offer.
                            Definitely. I am really hoping that Masaii is preparing for a plan B,C, and D should Lowry choose to sign elsewhere. Hopefully Lowry has already expressed his desire to either stay or go so that he can work on a S&T for assets which we can use to help bring Bledsoe in with. We already have plenty of players and FA who are attractive options to the other teams.
                            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Not totally rumours. If it is coming from Woj, I lean more towards fact:
                              Well...it's fact that there was interest before the trade deadline. And it's fact that there are things both sides regret about how Lowry's stay there played out. As of now there's no real fact about whether Houston will pursue him as a free agent, and it's mostly just conjecture based on those out of date facts...So I'll call it a well-founded rumour at this point and we'll see how things play out in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Well...it's fact that there was interest before the trade deadline. And it's fact that there are things both sides regret about how Lowry's stay there played out. As of now there's no real fact about whether Houston will pursue him as a free agent, and it's mostly just conjecture based on those out of date facts...So I'll call it a well-founded rumour at this point and we'll see how things play out in the next couple of weeks.
                                My post wasn't regarding free agency but, yes, that is definitely just rumour now.

Comment

Working...
                                X