Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter N wrote: View Post
    No offence but that's an idiotic statement.

If you're competitive you join great players to take on other great players and prove you're the best. Taking the money would be the non-competitive thing to do. Also Lowry isn't exactly Lebron or CP3, he can't do it alone (hell even Lebron and CP3 can't do it alone).

On top of that the Heat just lost the finals, he's not joining the Dream Team, if anything if he can help them back to being NBA champs it will prove his greatness, not take away from it.
    I meant individually - I just get the feeling from this past season that Lowry wants to be a leader for his team, as opposed to playing 3rd/4th fiddle to LBJ, Bosh and Wade (when playing). Lowry would be completely overshadowed in Miami. From everything I heard/read this past season, including comments from MU, DC and Lowry himself, I just thought that one of the aspects of this past season that influenced Lowry having a great season was him not only running the show on the court as PG, but also off the court (ie: taking JV under his wing, etc..).

Obviously I don't know where his head's at, but I highly doubt he'd take below market value to sign with an established super team.

Comment

• Dwyane Wade is likely to opt out of his final two seasons, at $41.5 million, and probably accept a deal from the Heat worth $50 million-$55 million over four years to help the team open up cap space

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1838772
      Wade starting salary of $12M creates a $53M contract over 4 years.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Haven't seen anywhere else report that it's "likely". Not sure I buy it. Either way, I don't think Lowry will sign there.

Comment

• Hoops hype reported the same article and bosh is willing to take a lower salary as well. , read that in South Florida Sports section. Now that Miller was bought and paid off by the Heat can he resign in Miami for next year? Carlos Boozer when he is released will go to Miami.
          Agreed that KL wants to be the main force and he will not sign in Miami.

Comment

• According to David Aldridge the Lakers are one of the teams very interested in Kyle Lowry:

"Raps have a decent shot at keeping Kyle Lowry, but there will be suitors -- and the Lakers are at the top of the list."

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              hmmm i vaguely remember someone calling this very thing earlier in the thread
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Uh oh Lowry this can't be true

10) Toronto (48-34, lost first round): Raps have a decent shot at keeping Kyle Lowry, but there will be suitors -- and the Lakers are at the top of the list.

source:http://www.nba.com/2014/news/feature...ree/index.html

And hearing that Ujiri is going hard for lowry, I get the sense k-low needs a lot of convincing to stay..i mean ALOT

Comment

• Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
                  10) Toronto (48-34, lost first round): Raps have a decent shot at keeping Kyle Lowry, but there will be suitors -- and the Lakers are at the top of the list.

source:http://www.nba.com/2014/news/feature...ree/index.html

And hearing that Ujiri is going hard for lowry, I get the sense k-low needs a lot of convincing to stay..i mean ALOT
                  I think you may have misunderstood that statement.

The Lakers want Lowry really bad, but the Raptors are still the front runners.
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                    I think you may have misunderstood that statement.

The Lakers want Lowry really bad, but the Raptors are still the front runners.
                    LakersNation ( not sure if we can trust them ) say that Kyle has the Lakers at the top of the list.

Comment

• Only one can hope it isn't true

Comment

• Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
                        Only one can hope it isn't true
                        It's just a rumour.. I'm strongly believe we are on the top of his list.

Comment

• I really don't think raptors fans should be too worried about Lowry leaving or not...
                          I honestly think we will be just fine without him
                          Besides... no one can gaurantee that Lowry will be as consistant as he was this year, after fat contract is signed
                          I have always questioned whether he would perform the same or not next year
                          I guess if he does leave, it is our loss given that we got nothing out of it
                          But once again, I am certain we will be just fine without him

oh and this article doesn't really say much
                          Last edited by Triplethreat89; Mon Jun 23, 2014, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Lakers can't afford to take him at 10-12 million, and he won't take less than that to go to a rebuilding situation. Raptors are definitely still at the top of the list.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                              I really don't think raptors fans should be too worried about Lowry leaving or not...
                              I honestly think we will be just fine without him
                              Besides... no one can gaurantee that Lowry will be as consistant as he was this year, after fat contract is signed
                              I have always questioned whether he would perform the same or not next year
                              I guess if he does leave, it is our loss given that we got nothing out of it
                              But honestly, I think we will be just fine without him

oh and this article doesn't really say much
                              He was the heart and soul of this team this year, so I don't really understand how you can justify us being fine without him. Care to explain?
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                LakersNation ( not sure if we can trust them ) say that Kyle has the Lakers at the top of the list.
                                not sure we can either, but could you post a link?
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X