No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So a close friend is likely going to be interviewing Kyle in the next little while. If you had one question to ask him, what would it be? I'll pass on the best one and hope it gets asked.

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
      Does Lowry smoke weed or drink alcohol? I think it's highly possible , how can he be SO tired?

Your a professional athlete.. He doesn't average 40 minutes a game, he plays something like 32.
      He doesn't even do anything on offense except take a long two or 3 .. Doesn't take much energy for that..
      Maybe his body is different then normal folks.

I was watching an interview on bballbreakdown where they were discussing how much basketball has changed And how guys don't play 82 games or 40 minutes anymore.
      The hell are you so tired for? Beats me

Some one get this guy a Gatorade.

And kyle Lowry in the skills comp is a complete joke. Can't wait to see him miss 5 bounce passes lol

Plz prove me wrong kyle !
      This is a crock.

It took me 10 seconds to find out that only 8 players in the entire NBA have played more minutes than Kyle.

I'm not even going to respond to the rest of your misguided post, ain't worth it.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        So a close friend is likely going to be interviewing Kyle in the next little while. If you had one question to ask him, what would it be? I'll pass on the best one and hope it gets asked.
        Do you feel that the ISO-heavy offense currently being used will continue to have success in the playoffs?

Straight up. Don't beat around the bush

Comment

• Everything Kyle Lowry

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          This is a crock.

It took me 10 seconds to find out that only 8 players in the entire NBA have played more minutes than Kyle.

I'm not even going to respond to the rest of your misguided post, ain't worth it.
          So what . Also he's 18th in the league in minutes per game. Mind you with regards to total minutes there's a good amount of players in the same range.

He looks like he's about to have a heart attack.

Get him a Gatorade?
          Last edited by SamMitchells; Sat Feb 7, 2015, 03:07 PM.
          2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            Do you feel that the ISO-heavy offense currently being used will continue to have success in the playoffs?

+1
            2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

well i don't know if we're way more iso heavy this year than last, but our offense was equally as effective in the playoffs last year as in the regular season
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                well i don't know if we're way more iso heavy this year than last, but our offense was equally as effective in the playoffs last year as in the regular season
                And when they have trouble scoring, I'll be here with a giant "I told you so" sig

Comment

And when they have trouble scoring, I'll be here with a giant "I told you so" sig
                  Ok lol. It's not out of the question, I'm just playing the odds.
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                    So what . Also he's 18th in the league in minutes per game. Mind you with regards to total minutes there's a good amount of players in the same range.

He looks like he's about to have a heart attack.

Get him a Gatorade?
                    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he a heart attack, he seems to only know how to give 110%, and on top of that, was the only offensive creator in the starting lineup with DD gone. So if he's tired, I'd give him a fucking break.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                      We are significantly more ISO-heavy this year than last. Significantly so.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        We are significantly more ISO-heavy this year than last. Significantly so.
                        Yeah, we used horns way more last year. We also passed 20 more times per game compared to this year, and compared to the other top 10 offences, we pass the least. We're 23rd and the next best (worst-best?) offense is 18th.

Amongst the top 10 offences, we also have the least APG. We're 17th, and the next best offense is 12th.

Either we're getting lucky, or we've found a new effective and efficient way to score points. I'm betting on the former.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, we used horns way more last year. We also passed 20 more times per game compared to this year, and compared to the other top 10 offences, we pass the least. We're 23rd and the next best (worst-best?) offense is 18th.

Amongst the top 10 offences, we also have the least APG. We're 17th, and the next best offense is 12th.

Either we're getting lucky, or we've found a new effective and efficient way to score points. I'm betting on the former.
                          I'm pretty sure being #3 at getting to the line is a big factor (I did overall number not free throw rate but considering our low pace it is safe to assume the rate is around here or higher) especially when we are 5th in FT%.

Clearly this is an element of the offense that is not discussed enough especially consider DeMar was out for nearly half the season and yet we are #5 in FT per game

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post

50 games in, and the Raptors have the 5th best TS% and 4th best offense in the league. So that's a pretty decent sample size. I think its more then luck. It's tough to watch at times, but if our guys are getting the shot they are most comfortable with.. and they get it in at an above average rate, I can't really argue. Let's hope this continues to the playoffs which is what most are predicting won't happen. If it doesn't then we probably lose our coach.. if it does, then perhaps the coaching staff was on to something.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              50 games in, and the Raptors have the 5th best TS% and 4th best offense in the league. So that's a pretty decent sample size. I think its more then luck. It's tough to watch at times, but if our guys are getting the shot they are most comfortable with.. and they get it in at an above average rate, I can't really argue. Let's hope this continues to the playoffs which is what most are predicting won't happen. If it doesn't then we probably lose our coach.. if it does, then perhaps the coaching staff was on to something.
                              Regular season offence usually doesn't carry over into the playoffs.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/4/4/558...nse-heat-spurs

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                Regular season offence usually doesn't carry over into the playoffs.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/4/4/558...nse-heat-spurs
                                Makes sense, but let's just use last year as an example... the Raptors finished the season with an OR of 108.8. In the playoffs their OR was 108.2. Not far off. Their TS% improved from 54% to 55.3%. What hurt was their defense, but that's not what we are talking about here.

Raptors have a little bit of experience now as well.. so won't be as shell shocked hopefully which would make them more relaxed then they were last year.

The only EC teams with a top 10 defense are Milwaukee, Washington and Atlanta. I'm not too worried about Milwaukee as they will have no playoff experience at all. Atlanta will be a #1 seed and worse case would only face them in the 2nd round.. and if the Raps get that far, its a successful year. As for Washington, the Raptors have done very well against them offensively.

Comment

Working...
                                X