Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Heres my half baked conspiracy theory:

Casey and the staff have this really elaborate and complex offensive and defensive system that they are practicing constantly until the guys have it nailed down. Not wanting to give anything away or allow their plays to get scouted in time for the playoffs, and with the Atlantic division all but locked up, Casey tells the guys to just go out there and score in any way possible during games, while perfecting the genial system in practice.

That's gotta be it, right? He can't be this boneheaded....right?
    Finally, a legitimate guess. It sounds right. It must be good.

Comment

• Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post

They're shots you shouldn't be taking Mr. Lowry. Once he & Demar start realizing that the other team wants them taking those shots because statistically they shouldn't be going in, we'll be on a whole other level offensively.

Comment

• Basketball is about passing.

Comment

• godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
            Basketball is about passing.
            You don't honestly think that Nando would make any difference with this team, do you? He'd be in street clothes most nights.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              You don't honestly think that Nando would make any difference with this team, do you? He'd be in street clothes most nights.
              Can you imagine how fun it would be for Devlin to say "De Colo to Caboclo" on a nightly basis?
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Can you imagine how fun it would be for Devlin to say "De Colo to Caboclo" on a nightly basis?
                Hahah! Love it lol

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  If only Bartolo Colon played basketball, we'd have no choice but to acquire him.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    If only Bartolo Colon played basketball, we'd have no choice but to acquire him.
                    Might have to draft Luwawu instead.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Luwawu-68219/
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Simmons has Lowry ranked 16th in his annual trade value column:
                      http://grantland.com/features/2015-n...emple-of-doom/

A fun “Which team says no faster?” Trade Value argument: Lowry for Lillard! Let’s break it down:

Lowry: Turns 29 in March; bargain contract (four years, $48 million); elite defender; above-average creator and rebounder; slumping on 3s this season (32.1 percent); has a slightly higher game-to-game ceiling; the second-most intimidating on-the-court point guard after CP3; formerly moody/abrasive/brooding, now mostly cheery/supportive/intense; helping to carry the torch for the Tougher-Than-Tough Philly Basketball Legacy; beloved in T-Dot.

Lillard: Turns 25 in July; eligible for a max extension this summer; lousy defender who gets hidden away from any elite point guard; slumping on 3s this season (just 33.8 percent); a world-class heat-check guy and a world-class biggest-shot-of-the-game guy; chiller than chill; carrying the torch for the sneaky-delightful Oakland Point Guard Legacy; beloved in Rip City.

The Verdict: Both teams say no … but Toronto mulls over the deal for 0.23 seconds more only because of the four-year age difference and Lillard’s remarkable freestyle with Sway. Jesus! Was this the greatest rap-related moment in NBA history? I have it ranked 134 spots higher than Kobe and Tyra Banks.

Add everything up and Lillard is slightly more untradable … but if I were trying to win a 2015 playoff series only, I think I’d rather have Kyle Lowry right now. (LINK COMING FOR THE 678-POST THREAD ON BLAZERS EDGE CALLING ME A JACKASS AND URGING ME TO SEXUALLY ASSAULT MYSELF FOR PICKING LOWRY OVER LILLARD IN A SEVEN-GAME SERIES — STAY TUNED.)

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Simmons has Lowry ranked 16th in his annual trade value column:
                        http://grantland.com/features/2015-n...emple-of-doom/
                        Thanks for sharing.

The one part that I disagree with and think has been perpetuated as a reputation-based myth, is Lowry's defense. It certainly isn't elite, as Simmons refers to it as. I've been hugely disappointed with Lowry's defense since coming to Toronto and it's been a glaring weakness this season, as the Raptors' point-of-attack defense is the catalyst for most of the team's defensive breakdowns. I think Lowry's defense with the Raptors has been average at best, relative to league-wide expectations of a starting PG.

Personally speaking, if I was MU, I'd take that trade in a heartbeat - provided that Lillard expressed a commitment to re-signing. The Raptors aren't in win-now mode, so I'd take the long-view and go with Lillard hands down.

Comment

• 16 definitely seems high to me. I think Simmons view might be skewed by Lowry absolutely destroying Boston earlier in the season.

I know this is trade value, and not a list of the best players, but where does Lowry actually stack up in the NBAs best players? Is he even in the top 20? I'd say definitely not top 10.

This is one of the reasons that I give more credit to Casey than a lot of you do. The Raptors are succeeding despite having no players that are top tier players. I suppose you can make the argument that it is Casey that is holding them back from the top tier, but I'm not buying it.
                          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                            16 definitely seems high to me. I think Simmons view might be skewed by Lowry absolutely destroying Boston earlier in the season.

I know this is trade value, and not a list of the best players, but where does Lowry actually stack up in the NBAs best players? Is he even in the top 20? I'd say definitely not top 10.

This is one of the reasons that I give more credit to Casey than a lot of you do. The Raptors are succeeding despite having no players that are top tier players. I suppose you can make the argument that it is Casey that is holding them back from the top tier, but I'm not buying it.
                            Absolutely - Simmons loved Lowry in that game and it cemented his opinion of him for this year. That'll happen when a guy tries to cover the entire league plus several other sports all while keeping up with the latest season of The Real World.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post

I like the self awareness and knowing he needs to get better. Complete opposite of Casey who always says we just need to keep doing the same things until the shots start to fall.

Comment

Working...
                                X