No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Without Lowry this team is hovering around 40 wins that 50 wins.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Without Lowry this team is hovering around 40 wins then 50 wins.
      Fixed. Stupid autocorrect!

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Without Lowry this team is hovering around 40 wins that 50 wins.
        i think it's hovering 30 wins tbh. If Joseph shows us something before trade deadline, you can look into trading Lowry. No point taking that gamble now.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Kyle carried a crazy usage (29%, really high for a PG who will also have a lot of secondary usage via assists - he assisted on 40% of field goals while he was out there - meaning he carried 70% of the offence) while DD was out. Really screwed him up and burnt him out. Casey completely mismanaged that situation - we had a huge cushion for wins, but he rode Kyle an insane amount - and it wasn't even to keep Vasquez off the floor because he would play them together!

That was a great opportunity to spread some offence around to a more PnR oriented game or try JV out in the post to stretch him out while DD recovered, but instead Lowry just took on both his own and DeMar's offensive roles.
          Imho biggest variable for improvement this year is if Lowry can stay healthy and keep his head on his shoulders (and on the same page as the coach) for the full season. When Lowry was firing on all cylinders, the Raptors were firing on all cylinders. The correlation was about as direct as could be.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            Imho biggest variable for improvement this year is if Lowry can stay healthy and keep his head on his shoulders (and on the same page as the coach) for the full season. When Lowry was firing on all cylinders, the Raptors were firing on all cylinders. The correlation was about as direct as could be.
            This is where having lots of PG depth (CoJo and Wright) that can actually survive out there for stretches makes a huge difference. If Lowry needed to rest on a couple back to backs, or miss a week due to a nagging small injury we didn't want to make worse, do you even hesitate? Sure, take some time. Last year though? Yeesh.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Delon only talks to Demar. Lowry out?

Comment

• I like this guy.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  I guess we're all hoping that Lowry's "collapse" was due to overuse and Casey's system, because the other alternative isn't so nice to consider. Game planning. Even the players themselves were quoted multiple times as saying that the Raps were suddenly being scouted better by opposing coaching staffs, so teams were targeting Lowry and DD as first and second options.

When the game planning elevates, this is where you need that "true superstar", who can be slowed down but not stopped their tracks, like Lowry and DD were against better teams in the regular season. And of course, there was that train wreck in the playoffs (against Randy Wittman, of all coaches - smh). And even with true superstars, you also need coaching adjustments, but that horse has been beaten to death.
                  its a combination of both. Also as a player it is your job at some level to learn to adapt within a game and within a season. If you see something isn't working you should adapt and change it. Think about this, you are playing one on one and you keep driving and missing next time you drive to the hoop you may drive and kick it instead.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Delon only talks to Demar. Lowry out?
                    Raps fans are great.

Did you miss the time Wright told the media that he knows DeMar from playing him in the Drew league for the past couple years?

Nothing to see here.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      Raps fans are great.

Did you miss the time Wright told the media that he knows DeMar from playing him in the Drew league for the past couple years?

Nothing to see here.
                      I'm just kidding man.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        I'm just kidding man.
                        Lol, probably a good amount of guys out there that would have agreed with your joke lol. More of a comment in general not at you.
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                          Raps fans are great.

Nothing to see here.
                          DeMar was the first person to call him and greet him when he was drafted. Really like how DD has matured as a leader.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think Lou's playing style had a negative effect on Kyle lowry as well. Lou's nightly circus act of trying to launch 3s from 5 feet behind the 3 line as a normal thing seemed to give Lowry and the rest of the guys the impression that it was a satisfactory shot to take and the fact that he made those shots consistently is still beyond me. I remember watching Lowry trying to imitate Lou at the end of the season with those kinds of shots and was in disbelief half the time. Too many terrible possessions.

If only we had a coach that would criticize those possessions but we don't, rather we have one that prefers to stay silent or green lights them as adequate shots/possessions.

I'm not saying its entirely Lou's fault but bad basketball begets bad basketball. When we were up and winning it was all okay but when the wheels rolled off the tracks it was all down hill from there.

I wish the Rap's poor basketball behaviours could have happened at the beginning of the season as opposed to the latter half of the season because Masai could have made the changes we needed more sooner. But that didn't happen.

Hopefully, Kyle will recover from his bad basketball habits and return to all-star form. He's a good player and could be a lot better. I hope he's been watching tape of himself for the summer and working on making better basketball decisions on the court for next year.
                            Last edited by BS10; Tue Jul 7, 2015, 10:45 PM.
                            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• When Lowry started to take turnaround fade-away jumpers in the mid-range, it was clear something was wrong. I chaulked it up to fatigue and poor decision making while trying to maintain his all-star level play. But I also thought the green light Lou got may have had some effect on guys like Lowry and Demar. Perhaps they thought if Lou don't have to pass, even though he should have, then why should we? At the end of the day, Casey's fault IMO.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                When Lowry started to take turnaround fade-away jumpers in the mid-range, it was clear something was wrong. I chaulked it up to fatigue and poor decision making while trying to maintain his all-star level play. But I also thought the green light Lou got may have had some effect on guys like Lowry and Demar. Perhaps they thought if Lou don't have to pass, even though he should have, then why should we? At the end of the day, Casey's fault IMO.
                                I don't understand this, Lowry is 29 years old and an all star player why would he try and play Lou ball?

And if the 2 best players on this team can be this easily swayed by 1 players play style. We're in a lot of trouble here.

Comment

Working...
                                X