Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Yao starting was a farce though. A mockery of the whole concept of fan voting. 1.5 billion voters ticking his name just because he's Chinese.

Between Lowry and DeRozan, Lowry is the only one deserving of a starting nod.
    Idk if I'd call it a "farce". He did miss 25 games that year, but he put up 22-10 and 2 blocks in the games he did play. Which would've put him 1st in scoring among centers and 3rd in rebounding.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      Idk if I'd call it a "farce". He did miss 25 games that year, but he put up 22-10 and 2 blocks in the games he did play. Which would've put him 1st in scoring among centers and 3rd in rebounding.
      Was Yao more deserving than Dirk though? What about in 2007 when he only played 48 games. Or 2008 when he only played 55 games?

The point still remains that fans vote for their favourite players, not necessarily the best players. So size of the market can skew all-star selections drastically.

As a Raptors fan, having both Lowry and DeRozan as starters is a nice story. But as a basketball fan, DeRozan starting means someone else more deserving isn't. That doesn't sit well with me.

Comment

5 games played, voted in as a starter in 2010-2011. The Voting thing has needed to go for years.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          5 games played, voted in as a starter in 2010-2011. The Voting thing has needed to go for years.
          I was talking about 2005-06 though.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            He's very Iverson-esque right now. Dude is in a zone. Fun to watch.
            I'm liking Lowry's game so much more than Iverson's right now. He's ballin' for sure.

Comment

I was talking about 2005-06 though.
              I know.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                Disagree. I think there's a very good chance that the top vote getter in the East is Paul George. Just because of the story (of course, and his play).

I think there are only 3 locks right now for the East starting line up: Lebron, George and Lowry.

Really hope Lowry doesn't break down and can keep this up for the rest of the season. Think it could help draw Free Agents in.
                With out a doubt paul George is having an amazing start but the allstar voting is a popularity contest as well

Comment

• Can Confidently say Horford is a lock.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                    With out a doubt paul George is having an amazing start but the allstar voting is a popularity contest as well
                    George has been pretty damn popular this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'd seriously name my first born Kyle. Love everything about this dude so much.

Given that the All Star game is in Toronto, there should be a marked push to vote our stars in as starters. Get Drake, Bieber, Trudeau, whoever else is influential and has tons of social media followers in on it.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                        I cant help that demar has so many negatives.
                        You are in the wrong thread, everyone knows how you feel, move along kind sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• i think its crazy how some ppl on this board actually want to trade lowry...

Comment

• i wanted to see how many total minutes lowry has played in his career and compare with others. i chose demar because he is younger and has always played a ton of minutes and then i took aldrigde, gay and rondo who are all from lowrys' draft class. even though lowry plays hard, and lots. his overall body condition hasn't taken the beating these other players have.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3=&p4=&p5=&p6=
                              the only one he beats is demar who is 4 years younger than him.

the others all beat him, even rondo who had a knee injury. i only used regular season numbers as well.

also found this
                              http://www.nbadraft.net/players/kyle-lowry

Comment

• "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X