Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry is having a ridiculous season.

Comment

• So what's going on w/ Lowry? can't be fatigue right? it's only Dec. His shot selection has been brutal.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        So what's going on w/ Lowry? can't be fatigue right? it's only Dec. His shot selection has been brutal.
        I think that given how physical he plays, losing the 15-20 pounds means that hitting the floor or running into big bodies is hurting more this year, and his minutes and usage are up over last year. He might just be fatigued. He's taking more long jumpers and driving to the rim less, which might be an indication he doesn't want to get hit anymore.

Or, he's just having a bad week. Both are possible. Personally, I'm concerned though because our offense somewhat requires DeMar and Lowry both playing at an all-star level to function.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

So what's going on w/ Lowry? can't be fatigue right? it's only Dec. His shot selection has been brutal.
          He could be playing with an injury. Actually, I'd bet that he's playing with an injury. I've seen him hit the floor HARD maybe a dozen times this year. Dude really needs to learn to dial it back a bit.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• When you can't take contact anymore or take your guy off the dribble you start to either sit in a corner or take bad contested shots. All can be attributed to fatigue or injury.
            Last edited by MixxAOR; Sat Dec 19, 2015, 02:28 PM.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              He could be playing with an injury. Actually, I'd bet that he's playing with an injury. I've seen him hit the floor HARD maybe a dozen times this year. Dude really needs to learn to dial it back a bit.
              CoJo also plays really hard and has been in a funk lately. Seems like he also hit s the floor hard after every made layup. And he plays harder on defense than Lowry. I wonder if he's a bit worn down too?

Amazing CoJo stat: Only 12% of his 2-pt FGs are assisted.

Which means he is creating his own offense off the dribble, 88% of the time. And CoJo has a higher FT/FGA rate than Lowry. This is Casey's wet dream - a high efficiency offense with almost no passing, if Cory could increase his usage.

Comment

• With all of the talk about signing DeMar to a max contract (or not), would we be able to sign Lowry to one as well when he becomes eligible?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  With all of the talk about signing DeMar to a max contract (or not), would we be able to sign Lowry to one as well when he becomes eligible?
                  We would indeed be able to. We have both players' Bird Rights so we don't need adequate cap room to sign them. We only need cap room to sign other teams' free agents.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    When you can't take contact anymore or take your guy off the dribble you start to either sit in a corner or take bad contested shots. All can be attributed to fatigue or injury.
                    Can't be fatigue. It's Dec. I don't think he's injured either.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Around this time last year is when Lowry's stats started to drop. It happened before. But we're not Raptors' doctors so there's no point to speculate on his health.
                      Last edited by MixxAOR; Mon Dec 21, 2015, 11:53 PM.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Same thing is happening with CoJo.

It's fatigue meaning the bumps and falls are hurting more as well.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• K Low was a guess on Zach Lowe's podcast.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Spoke very highly of his coach and said he wants him back next year.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• You're shitting us, right?

can you tell us at what point in the podcast (minute-mark)? I want to hear the sincerity in the voice ...!

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                                You're shitting us, right?

can you tell us at what point in the podcast (minute-mark)? I want to hear the sincerity in the voice ...!
                                The whole 40 min podcast is the Kyle Lowry interview.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X