Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    The whole 40 min podcast is the Kyle Lowry interview.
    Yeah but the coach-thing - beginning, middle, end?

DAMN YOU, Maxwell Smart!

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
      Yeah but the coach-thing - beginning, middle, end?

DAMN YOU, Maxwell Smart!
      Ill go back in a minute. Listening to it as we speak. It was at the beginning of the podcast.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Spoke very highly of his coach and said he wants him back next year.
        Said Casey is a nice guy, southern, and lets him do whatever he wants versus McHale who was a basketball coach

Comment

• Also said the defence last year was just guys being lost and scrambling

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Said Casey is a nice guy, southern, and lets him do whatever he wants versus McHale who was a basketball coach
            No, he didn't. They start talking about Casey at the 6:45 mark. If anyone wants to find out for themselves.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

No, he didn't. They start talking about Casey at the 6:45 mark. If anyone wants to find out for themselves.
              Why waste the time when raps999 just summarized it

Comment

Transcript. Nice guy, old school southern, trusts KL ( lets him do whatever ) contrast to McHale who does basketball stuff

Comment

Come on, R-999. In the interview, Lowry says (inter alia):

"Our coach is a no-nonsense guy - wants us to work, wants us to get better."

"No question, our goal is to get into the playoffs and go far. .... Losing in the first round is not cool. .... You get in to the playoffs, anything can happen."

"Of course Demarre helps, but I think the defensive schemes have made us more solid. Make it so that we know where we have to be."

"Casey's an unbelievable person, man. He's the nicest guy in the world. He's an old school, southern hard-nosed type of coach. But over the years he's learned to trust me ... and I've learned to trust him. .... [Par. : "Sure there'll be tensions, but we can talk things out now ... things don't linger"]. The grass is not always greener. And he's gotten me into a position where I've gotten paid. If he's back, then ... I want him back. But it's not my decision, though. I'm a player."

"I think DeMar and JV are the franchise players, not me. I'm just a player."

[About Demar doing the Dunk contest, and whether he could still get up there:

"DeMar's a punk. He's said he'll do it, but ... () ... I might do the 3 pt. contest if they asked me. Curry will do it - he likes the competition, to prove he's the best shooter."

"Yeah, DeMar and I have gotten some chemistry, but I think he's one of the best 2-guards in the league - I think he is the best two-guard in the league. That's just my opinion, but I've been with him four years. But once he gets the three more consistently, he'll be the best or ... But he can get any shot he wants ... But I ride him on it. (etc., etc.)."

"Nobody's going to say anything about Biz taking the jump shots - cause he works on those shots. I see him working on it, so I won't ever get mad."

"I like the all-black road uniforms the best, but the OVO jerseys are growing on me. ... We had a say in the uniforms - they were going to go all black/gold and me and DeMar had a say. DeMar wanted to keep the red and white - we're Canada's team."

"Best things about Toronto (aside from the fans)?: The food, there's always something to do, night life. Good atmosphere. good schools. A-1 organization. Masai's a great leader and the ownership - Mr. Tannenbaum. New practice facility, they just do it. get things done, spare no expense ... "

"Yeah, I read Twitter. I like to interact with the fans ... [ZL says "you must get a lot of negativity, why put yourself through it?]. "I just block 'em. Why would I want to read that? Some people just want to be negative ... "

Cool interview. And Zach Lowe is a good interviewer - seems like a totally laid-back guy.
                  Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Tue Dec 29, 2015, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Lowry's the best, remains the best, KLOE.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Lowry's the best, remains the best, KLOE.
                      Bret Hart would probably disagree with that.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote:
                        if he's back. then ... - such love
                        Lowry seems like a high-energy guy with an edge. But he sounded like a content guy, too, in in the Zach Lowe interview, I dare say: optimistic ... and a guy who's enjoying his kids, the city, his team-mates and his life.

Cool. Hopeful.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                          "If he's back, then ... I want him back. But it's not my decision, though. I'm a player."
                          Seems like a man content but hardly much of a backing. Let himself with the big "not my decision" out; not really "Casey deserves to be back" or "should be back" type support.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Transcript. Nice guy, old school southern, trusts KL ( lets him do whatever ) contrast to McHale who does basketball stuff
                            hahaha. had to take a shot. haha

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Bret Hart would probably disagree with that.
                              hahaha.

read this and my head flashed back to pink pants, leather jacket and sunglasses. "the best that is, was and there ever will be"

thank you

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Seems like a man content but hardly much of a backing. Let himself with the big "not my decision" out; not really "Casey deserves to be back" or "should be back" type support.
                                Yes, I think that reading is available. He did double-clutch his endorsement of Casey: "If he's back - I want him back ..." [emphasis in original]

But my view is that Lowry is a handful. He's a butt-heads kind of guy. You see it with the refs. You see it in the DeRozan interview that's been posted here - where DD is plainly pissed at Kyle messin' with him ... but Lowry won't let up. (And he pretty much regularly hangs around behind DD ready to "photo-bomb" his buddy ... and yet we see DeMar putting his arm around Kyle when they walk off the floor, almost as a matter of course ...

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/t...w-prank-122815

Kyle did give the defensive systems a clear and positive endorsement in the same interview, though. And he admitted to some immaturity in relationships with coaches in the past. I don't think it's any coincidence that Masai brought in two mature pros, in Scola and Carroll, to help Casey manage the "room" ... as well as the basketball.

So, overall, I'll take Kyle's endorsement as a good sign. You're right - he could have been more effusive and clearer. But I'm not sure any coach has ever fared better with our All Star powder-keg PG. And he does sound happy and focused. And he really went out of his way to endorse the organization, the city, DeMar and JV, too.

Honestly, I think he's a bit of a brat ... but not an A-hole like Westbrook. Still, I think he's content ... and "bought in" ... which is great ...

Stay healthy, Kyle!
                                Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Tue Dec 29, 2015, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X