Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Bret Hart would probably disagree with that.
    LOL, well, technically Bret falls under the "E" in KLOE.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
      Yes, I think that reading is available. He did double-clutch his endorsement of Casey: "If he's back - I want him back ..." [emphasis in original]

Kyle did give the defensive systems a clear and positive endorsement in the same interview, though.

And he admitted to some immaturity in relationships with coaches in the past.

Honestly, I think he's a bit of a brat ... but not an A-hole like Westbrook. Still, I think he's content ... and "bought in" ... which is great ...
      I took the emphasis out because I took that as your addition from the audio, therefore not original.

The new defensive systems are a good thing and it's something that has been a criticism of Casey for years. There has also been increased sightings of Casey old defensive systems (hedging PnR), so something to keep an eye on.

Kyle has owned up to his past before now. He's clearly matured over the past few seasons.

What is your deal with Westbrook? You repeatedly seem to throw him into comments, but is there any actual reason for your dislike?
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I love that Zach Lowe kind of has a thing for the Raptors. Is he still dating a girl from Toronto?

Listening to the pod now...
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          I love that Zach Lowe kind of has a thing for the Raptors. Is he still dating a girl from Toronto?

Listening to the pod now...
          Married with a kid now. He has a thing for the Raptor as well.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            I took the emphasis out because I took that as your addition from the audio, therefore not original.

The new defensive systems are a good thing and it's something that has been a criticism of Casey for years. There has also been increased sightings of Casey old defensive systems (hedging PnR), so something to keep an eye on.

Kyle has owned up to his past before now. He's clearly matured over the past few seasons.

What is your deal with Westbrook? You repeatedly seem to throw him into comments, but is there any actual reason for your dislike?
            I'm trying to understand the Westbrook dislike also. Dude obviously likes to be a showman on the court and such, but I've never really heard of him having ANY off-court problems whatsoever.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
              I'm trying to understand the Westbrook dislike also. Dude obviously likes to be a showman on the court and such, but I've never really heard of him having ANY off-court problems whatsoever.
              I've never heard a bad thing about Westbrook really. He's cut down on his techs (Lowry could learn from him there), he has a good scowl on the court (ala Demar) but never any issues. mostly I think people see him as a villain because he takes shots away from Durant.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• He gives douchey interviews

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                  He gives douchey interviews
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Everything Kyle Lowry

Jangles wrote: View Post
                    He gives douchey interviews
                    Rightfully so. Some of the questions the thunder media asks are flat out stupid. If I were Westbrook, I'll take the mic and shove it up their ass when they ask damas questions over and over again.

Comment

• Great interview.

What I got from the Lowry-Casey comments was just admitting that they butt heads sometimes, but that Lowry's mature enough now to know how to work through it and still communicate well and work together. It doesn't actually take everybody being best buds for a working relationship to succeed (that can actually be a negative).

Also it wasn't really a "this is what I think of Coach Casey" speech - they were commenting on the public narratives that a) Casey's in the last year of his contract and might not be back, and b) Lowry doesn't always get along with his coaches and may want a different coach.

Lowry did say Casey's been a good coach and a different coach might not necessarily be better. Not a ringing endorsement, but I think that's a pretty fair assessment of Casey's time with the Raptors. A lot of people would probably agree with that.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Lowry did say Casey's been a good coach and a different coach might not necessarily be better. Not a ringing endorsement, but I think that's a pretty fair assessment of Casey's time with the Raptors. A lot of people would probably agree with that.
                        Is something between "ringing endorsement" and "throwing him under the bus" really mean much? Sounds like very typical in-season "nothing to see" comments.

Comment

• I could be reading too far into this but I did see his comment about the grass not always being greener more of an endorsement that others. Look at what Chicago is going through. OKC is not necessarily better. A coaching change isn't really great UNLESS you are making a significant upgrade. But if you are floating around that 2nd tier of coaches, does it make sense to gamble on an assistant or another tier 2 coach just for the sake of it
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            I could be reading too far into this but I did see his comment about the grass not always being greener more of an endorsement that others. Look at what Chicago is going through. OKC is not necessarily better. A coaching change isn't really great UNLESS you are making a significant upgrade. But if you are floating around that 2nd tier of coaches, does it make sense to gamble on an assistant or another tier 2 coach just for the sake of it
                            Athletes don't like change. A year or two to adjust is huge financially. Lowry will be playing for a big payday next season so better the horse you know then the horse you dont.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              I could be reading too far into this but I did see his comment about the grass not always being greener more of an endorsement that others. Look at what Chicago is going through. OKC is not necessarily better. A coaching change isn't really great UNLESS you are making a significant upgrade. But if you are floating around that 2nd tier of coaches, does it make sense to gamble on an assistant or another tier 2 coach just for the sake of it
                              And this imo is why Casey has not been fired. It's patience and logic from masai, grass isn't always greener

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Is something between "ringing endorsement" and "throwing him under the bus" really mean much? Sounds like very typical in-season "nothing to see" comments.
                                S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Great interview.

What I got from the Lowry-Casey comments was just admitting that they butt heads sometimes, but that Lowry's mature enough now to know how to work through it and still communicate well and work together. It doesn't actually take everybody being best buds for a working relationship to succeed (that can actually be a negative).

Also it wasn't really a "this is what I think of Coach Casey" speech - they were commenting on the public narratives that a) Casey's in the last year of his contract and might not be back, and b) Lowry doesn't always get along with his coaches and may want a different coach.

I want him back. Sounds like a ringing endorsement to me.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X