Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    That's probably true. But KG had season with good teammates and Duncan had seasons with bad teammates as well.

Honestly for some reason it seems like "Prime KG" has become some mythical figure of unparalleled basketball ability. When, if you actually look back, Prime Duncan was doing it just as well or better.

Anyways, both great players but for me it's no question who was better.
    I'm with you, and the thing for me about Duncan is his absurd consistency during his career. He's been in the league nineteen seasons, never had a WS/48 under .164 or a TS% under .523. He's never had a 'bad' season in 19 years. That's insane.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      I'm with you, and the thing for me about Duncan is his absurd consistency during his career. He's been in the league nineteen seasons, never had a WS/48 under .164 or a TS% under .523. He's never had a 'bad' season in 19 years. That's insane.
      More importantly, neither has his team. They have made the playoffs every year he's been in the league, with no regular season win % below .610 (measures out to his lowest win season being a 50 win season). And with all of 18 straight playoff appearances, they have only failed to advance out of the first round 4 times, and have made at least the conference finals 9 times (with 6 finals appearances). Just ridiculous.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        it's because he's "boring". An argument I don't understand to this day. Honestly IMO it's way more boring watching Curry hurl up 30 footers.
        Disagree.

Spurs aren't boring though, especially in the Playoffs. The 2013 Finals was fun to watch, their ball movement is a beautiful thing.

Comment

• ... Is anybody talking Kyle Lowry in here? C'mon guys, if you want to debate TD vs. Garnett, make a thread for it.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
            man these threads do get off track although talking about kg,td and so on brings up time when pf was the position in the leauge now its the pgs. I was just watching open gym and they showed a highlight of kyle in the golden-state game dropping a beautiful dime to bebe. so i have a question to people who have observed kyle as he developed thru his career. what part of his game has grown the most to become a two time allstar
            please keep this thread on track I would someone to discuss kyles growth as a player to all star level

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
              please keep this thread on track I would someone to discuss kyles growth as a player to all star level
              The answer is actually pretty easy.

His 3 point shooting; without question.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post

I'd actually say its more general, in that his decision making has just become so much better. He's learned to harness that "bulldog" mentality into not just being reckless, which for lack of a better word was exactly what he was when he first arrived, but becoming a wrecking ball.

Oh, and he's not fat anymore. That's made a big difference. Lol

Comment

• I've noticed that Lowry doesn't take charges as often as he used to. He's really making an effort to stay healthy and whole in time for the playoffs, and that means staying out of the way when a 7 foot 260 pound center is barreling into the paint.

Now that I think about it, Scola seems to be the one who takes the most charges now
                  OG is our king

Comment

The next big step for Kyle is to stop taking dumbass pull-up contested 3s with 15+ seconds on the shot clock. I swear, he takes 2-3 of those a game and they so rarely go in.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                      I've noticed that Lowry doesn't take charges as often as he used to. He's really making an effort to stay healthy and whole in time for the playoffs, and that means staying out of the way when a 7 foot 260 pound center is barreling into the paint.

Now that I think about it, Scola seems to be the one who takes the most charges now
                      Going to take a wild guess that most of his being banged up comes came as a direct result of those.

Barolt wrote: View Post
                      The next big step for Kyle is to stop taking dumbass pull-up contested 3s with 15+ seconds on the shot clock. I swear, he takes 2-3 of those a game and they so rarely go in.
                      He needs to be benched every time this happens (unless there's someone under the rim). Every time (even if it's not for long). Easily the thing I hate most about his play (even if it goes in; it's not a good shot).

Joey wrote: View Post
                      I'd actually say its more general, in that his decision making has just become so much better. He's learned to harness that "bulldog" mentality into not just being reckless, which for lack of a better word was exactly what he was when he first arrived, but becoming a wrecking ball.

These would be my runner up ones.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• i guess to summarize kyle is either getting feedback from the staff and improving his game year to year or as in an interview i saw that with casey he basically mentioned that kyle reads every criticism of him and it fuels him. he is leaner this year , quicker has better stamina and while not taking charges or physical drives as in the past he is preserving his health by doing so for the marathon that the season and playoffs entail. now i may be getting off track here but if you were coaching this team how would you want corys game to evolve.....
                        Last edited by rightsideup; Sat Jan 23, 2016, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• I'm sure there's no need to ask but if anyone gets an update after practice today, let the republic know how Kyle is doing. Thx

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Al_Iannazzone/st...42553964138496

Kyle Lowry still questionable tonight. Dwane Casey said he doesn't know yet whether Lowry will play.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

He's intentionally reduced his 2 pt jump shots and is either driving straight to the rim or taking 3's more this season than ever before.

Both him and DeMar look to be reaching that nebulous "the game is slowing down for you" point of experience.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                He's intentionally reduced his 2 pt jump shots and is either driving straight to the rim or taking 3's more this season than ever before.

Both him and DeMar look to be reaching that nebulous "the game is slowing down for you" point of experience.
                                It seemed like just yesterday, we were asking ourselves, "why can't Lowry and DeRozan both play well? Why does it have to be one or the other?"

Comment

Working...
                                X