No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great article. It's not often that a guy opens up like that.

I hope he's a Raptor for life.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      A piece came out on player's tribune today about Lowry.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/kyl...-nba-all-star/

Interesting pieces there.
      Not sure how I've gone so long without knowing about this website ... but its amazing! Reading these articles written by the men themselves .. that is very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Not sure how I've gone so long without knowing about this website ... but its amazing! Reading these articles written by the men themselves .. that is very cool. Thanks for sharing!
        Yea it's a really nice article. My favourite ones are by Blake Griffin on why he stopped dunking and Kobe's retirement piece. Patrick Patterson has some pieces on there too.

I'm not sure though how much of it is written by the players though. I'm sure they give the story to a writer and they write them.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Yea it's a really nice article. My favourite ones are by Blake Griffin on why he stopped dunking and Kobe's retirement piece. Patrick Patterson has some pieces on there too.

I'm not sure though how much of it is written by the players though. I'm sure they give the story to a writer and they write them.
          The Charlie V piece on Kobe's 81-point game was good.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Just read the Griffin piece ... I hate him less than I did. Dare I say he even seems like a normal likeable dude?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Just read the Griffin piece ... I hate him less than I did. Dare I say he even seems like a normal likeable dude?
              Just reread it (saw it when it was posted) and I only laughed at the backboard brick for like half as long as I normally would. Even when I imagined his broken hand.

The tribune is dope and it really helps to humanize the 'pieces' I rip or lust for in 'trades'.

Comment

• Also excellent read on Skinny Lowry shredding Fat Lowry.

Comment

A piece came out on player's tribune today about Lowry.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/kyl...-nba-all-star/

Interesting pieces there.
                  In the summer of 2013, heading into my second season with the Raptors and a contract year, I had a lot of important conversations with people: Raptors GM Masai Ujiri, my agent, Andy Miller, Ty Lue and especially Chauncey Billups. They were all straight with me.

How come you are the component in everything that’s going wrong? How come everyone is saying your name? You’ve got to look in the mirror sometimes.

When you respect the people saying those things, it hits you right away.
                  Lowry keeps coming back to that now legendary conversation with Masai (and also Tim Leweike & Larry Tanenbaum) as one of the major turning points for him. He clearly holds Masai in the highest regard and seems to have come to accept a working relationship and understanding with Casey because of MU. Years from now, that meeting could go down in Raptors lore as the turning point of the entire franchise.

Comment

• I really enjoyed the article shows a lot of growth on Kyle's part nice to see he made the point about apologizing to McHale. Just caught on the celebrity games telecast about kyles popularity in Canada very good recruiting tool.

Comment

• https://art19.com/shows/vertical-jj-...5-988f72606bba
                      Kyle on the JJ Redick podcast, Lowry starts in around the 19 minute mark.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                        https://art19.com/shows/vertical-jj-...5-988f72606bba
                        Kyle on the JJ Redick podcast, Lowry starts in around the 19 minute mark.
                        Bags were packed, waiting for a flight, thinking up ways to catch and shoot out of the Triangle.

RR ought to send Dolan an edible arrangement.

Based Dolan

Comment

• Just in case anyone missed this.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• My love for Lowry went up significantly after this game.

Comment

• Lowry and the Raptors have been licking their chops in anticipation of tonight's showdown of the Eastern Conference's top two teams at the Air Canada Centre (7:30 ET, NBA League Pass). Lowry's been at his best in two previous matches against LeBron James and his crew, averaging 25 points on 60 percent shooting, 8.0 assists and 3.5 rebounds and 3.0 steals. Lowry warmed up for tonight's game by dropping a triple-double (22 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists), his first of the season, on the New York Knicks Monday. He followed that up with 21 points, six assists and three rebounds Wednesday in a win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. You better believe he'll be cranked up for the Cavs in front of that raucous home crowd.
                              From this week's Top 10 in the Kia Race to the MVP. Bet they didn't know how right they'd be on this one.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Player of the month for the 2nd time in a row. Incredible.

Comment

Working...
                                X