Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
    I really don't think the question is if rest will get his elbow back to normal. With prolonged rest, treatment and rehab, this kind of injury can be overcome and not be a chronic issue that will affect his shot long-term.

The question lies in whether resting the elbow when the injury arose for the couple of weeks that were available for rest would have had any measurable impact on the injury healing in time for the playoffs? The answer appears to be no.
    Totally plausible. The team may not have had any interest in resting him for 2 months mid-season, and that's not unusual with an injury a guy can play through. Guys finish out the year with nagging injuries and get summer surgery all the time. It's part of pro sports. Conversely, if a short rest (1-2 weeks) would have had no benefit, they'd figure those no reason for it - he won't be any better after anyway. Also, it appears to be the kind of injury that can't get any worse (physically speaking) and will not risk permanent damage.

Again, guys play through injuries in situations like that all the time. Sometimes that's just the situation. We may hear more details in the summer - Lowry won't admit to anything right now.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Totally plausible. The team may not have had any interest in resting him for 2 months mid-season, and that's not unusual with an injury a guy can play through. Guys finish out the year with nagging injuries and get summer surgery all the time. It's part of pro sports. Conversely, if a short rest (1-2 weeks) would have had no benefit, they'd figure those no reason for it - he won't be any better after anyway. Also, it appears to be the kind of injury that can't get any worse (physically speaking) and will not risk permanent damage.

Again, guys play through injuries in situations like that all the time. Sometimes that's just the situation. We may hear more details in the summer - Lowry won't admit to anything right now.
      I think he may have to have surgery. I noticed last year during the Portland game (where everything kind of fell off for the Raptors), he was looking at his elbow and it looked funny. I think based on how he plays, he is susceptible to Bursitis.

Comment

• We need to find Jimmy Chetwood, he can be a healthy doner for a complete arm transplant!!!

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
          I think he may have to have surgery. I noticed last year during the Portland game (where everything kind of fell off for the Raptors), he was looking at his elbow and it looked funny. I think based on how he plays, he is susceptible to Bursitis.
          Hi, I'm Dr. Nick...
          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            Even with the injury, which is visibly affecting him, the numbers are a bit weird since January.

His monthly %'s were fine, initially. January and February were actually his best months of the year for FG%. March and April were right in line with his Oct-Dec numbers. His 3PT% was also fine Jan-April - 37-40% the whole time. Only FT showed a steady monthly decline from the time of the injury.

His shooting has fallen off a cliff just in this series. Did he re-injure the elbow and make it worse? Has the Pacers' D thrown his shot off? He talked himself about rushing his shot too much this series.
            There was actually a good bit on the main site's comment section in regards to this that pretty much echo'd what I already thought in regards to Lowry's shooting. Down to the exact game:

Incontrovertible proof that it is the elbow injury hurting Lowry's shot. These numbers are for the 9 games he played during the regular season AFTER the elbow injury.

3 pt shooting
            23 of 69 = .333

Free throw shooting
            29 of 46 = .63

PPG

During the regular season he hit 40% of his three pointers, over 80% of his free throws and averaged over 21 ppg. The pre and after numbers would be even more skewed if I calculated his numbers only BEFORE his injury since the last 9 games pulled his entire regular season stats down.

His fall from stardom began immediately after the injury. All these " it's in his head theories " are false. His elbow is still swollen and it probably hurts. That is having a negative impact on his performance.

Unfortunately, unless his elbow heals miraculously before the season ends we probably aren't going to see much improvement.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4152/gamelog/
            Specifically; look at Lowry's game logs after the last game with Orlando where he reinjured the elbow.
            Last edited by Just Is; Fri Apr 29, 2016, 12:03 PM.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
              There was actually a good bit on the main site's comment section in regards to this that pretty much echo'd what I already thought in regards to Lowry's shooting. Down to the exact game:

Specifically; look at Lowry's game logs after the last game with Orlando where he reinjured the elbow.
              http://stats.nba.com/league/player/#...lege=Villanova
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• For comparison; prior to that date.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I love your creativity with the filters to get it to just show Lowry.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    The everything Lowry thread doesn't get much love since there really isn't anything that is controversial about Lowry.
                    Ya the thing about Lowry is that he has his faults, but overall he is just so good that there is no point digging into his game. Only consistent critique about him is his health going into playoffs

Unlike DD, Lowry actually makes the team better...

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Ya the thing about Lowry is that he has his faults, but overall he is just so good that there is no point digging into his game. Only consistent critique about him is his health going into playoffs

Unlike DD, Lowry actually makes the team better...
                      Yeah, Lowry might have the worst luck when it comes to coming into the playoffs healthy.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, Lowry might have the worst luck when it comes to coming into the playoffs healthy.
                        Yeah, bad luck. Couldn't have anything to do with his minutes.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, bad luck. Couldn't have anything to do with his minutes.
                          His injury wasn't really wear and tear though. He fell down and injured his elbow. Could've happen in preseason.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            His injury wasn't really wear and tear though. He fell down and injured his elbow. Could've happen in preseason.
                            So you rest him until he is healthy...instead of upping his minutes and preventing healing!

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              You know what all the experts are saying about Steph Curry's injury, where he slipped?

We don't know how much of it is fatigue. A slip that wouldn't hurt you, with more wear and tear on your body, can turn into an injury. Wear and tear affects more than just the obvious.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                You know what all the experts are saying about Steph Curry's injury, where he slipped?

We don't know how much of it is fatigue. A slip that wouldn't hurt you, with more wear and tear on your body, can turn into an injury. Wear and tear affects more than just the obvious.
                                Yeah but it didn't really affect the rest of his game. So I'm leaning more towards hard impact hurt his elbow. But I'm no doctor so I'm not really going to go into that.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X