Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    I would argue it's bullshit to keep on keeping on with this when no one has the info they need to feel so strongly that it was a mistake to keep playing him. Its one thing to say it but to bash everyone over the head with it after every poor shooting night? Ok, he's hurt but there's no way to tell whether that rest would have helped the situation. Its a debate where everyone loses.
    All arguments without all the facts end up the same way. Same as tanking or trading so and so, without another reality it's all fruitless. So we should either work with what we got or not say anything at all; to each their own. The whole "you're not a doctor" argument is just pointless. We are also no coaches, GMs, or NBA players - we lack access to film sessions, practices, calls with other teams - so we really have nothing to discuss by that logic.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      aliens?
      Yes! And aliens. Well said.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        All arguments without all the facts end up the same way. Same as tanking or trading so and so, without another reality it's all fruitless. So we should either work with what we got or not say anything at all; to each their own. The whole "you're not a doctor" argument is just pointless. We are also no coaches, GMs, or NBA players - we lack access to film sessions, practices, calls with other teams - so we really have nothing to discuss by that logic.
        Its not the same. You're not giving yourself or any of us enough credit. How long have you been watching ball, playing ball, reading about ball, thinking about ball? Add up all those hours of experience. It's probably in the thousands.

Now, how long have you been studying medicine and thinking about medicine?

If I asked a random person on the street who doesn't play or follow basketball to watch a horribly failed basketball possession and diagnose the problems, do you think they could do it? Get the terminology correct? Identify all the contributing factors? How would they even begin to wrap their head around that in a way that will lend confidence to their conclusion? You'd expect it would take them a lot longer than a quick Google search and clicking on the #1 link to find the answer, wouldn't you?

Its pointless to go back and forth on this one. Even if I said, "ok, you're right, they made a mistake". What now? What's the next destination in this conversation? That destination is more interesting to me at this point. What now if they were wrong? Is Kyle on fire right now if they're wrong?

Comment

Its not the same. You're not giving yourself or any of us enough credit. How long have you been watching ball, playing ball, reading about ball, thinking about ball? Add up all those hours of experience. It's probably in the thousands.

Now, how long have you been studying medicine and thinking about medicine?

If I asked a random person on the street who doesn't play or follow basketball to watch a horribly failed basketball possession and diagnose the problems, do you think they could do it? Get the terminology correct? Identify all the contributing factors? How would they even begin to wrap their head around that in a way that will lend confidence to their conclusion? You'd expect it would take them a lot longer than a quick Google search and clicking on the #1 link to find the answer, wouldn't you?

Its pointless to go back and forth on this one. Even if I said, "ok, you're right, they made a mistake". What now? What's the next destination in this conversation? That destination is more interesting to me at this point. What now if they were wrong? Is Kyle on fire right now if they're wrong?

Comment

• I'm struggling to understand what you're saying. Are you beaming down to the surface to investigate a local basketball based society? Just remember the prime directive.

Comment

I'm struggling to understand what you're saying. Are you beaming down to the surface to investigate a local basketball based society? Just remember the prime directive.
              spock is an alien. and this was the first beaming gif i could find of him. the logical conclusion of the conversation is aliens

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                spock is an alien. and this was the first beaming gif i could find of him. the logical conclusion of the conversation is aliens
                How about this:

Comment

No but it's another example of injury-rest mismanagement by this team of professional experts.

A generic recovery plan (from any doctor) for a diagnosed condition (from the specific Doctor) is not even remotely comparable to the random people in the street.

I give more credit to RR posters than most. I'm just sick of the "you're not a doctor/coach/GM" argument that gets thrown around by posters like slaw. It's a pathetic argument to make. If you don't like the conversation, either don't participate or try to redirect to a different topic.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• But its not going anywhere. Again, what now? Let's pretend we all agree with you. Lead on...

Comment

But its not going anywhere. Again, what now? Let's pretend we all agree with you. Lead on...
                      There is no what now, my entire point was that the argument of you're not a whatever is pathetic.

The real what now is how is Casey going to get Lowry playing better despite his inability to shoot.

Comment

• So we're done with the Kyle injury thing? Thank God...

Casey can't make or help Kyle hit shots. I don't even think it's physical at this point. He's lost his confidence.

Comment

So we're done with the Kyle injury thing? Thank God...

Casey can't make or help Kyle hit shots. I don't even think it's physical at this point. He's lost his confidence.
                          Kyle needs to get into the lane more. His off ball game is pointless without shooting, so Casey needs to make sure we are running sets that make Kyle the play maker.

Comment

No but it's another example of injury-rest mismanagement by this team of professional experts.
                            but for all we know, the injury requires surgery. those experts and lowry all decided together, probably(speculation) with 2nd opinions that he could and should play. that is as factual as anything being said on the other side of this argument but is supported by actual medical staff in a position to make a call on a medical injury.

both sides are speculative. i don't see how you can come here and say only one side is commenting on the other sides argument by saying our argument is dumb. you are doing the same thing you say we are dumb for.

bill russel played a game with a broken leg.
                            steve yzerman played a playoffs with a broken ankle
                            kyle lowry, according to web md, has a sore elbow.

Comment

• shit sorry. i won't post about the elbow again starting now.

Comment

Kyle needs to get into the lane more. His off ball game is pointless without shooting, so Casey needs to make sure we are running sets that make Kyle the play maker.
                                The real problem is the stretches where we have no deep threats on the floor, if Lowry can't be one. Because Carroll is only 10/30, Powell is 6/19, Ross is 8/24. Patterson and CoJo are the only guys on our team hitting 3s at a decent clip, and CoJo's career says that's not sustainable.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X