Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
    this has to be a physical problem. No way a guy drops off that bad after an injury and doesn't get it back if the injury has healed. No fucking way the bulldog we've all come to know and love is a mental midget, or whatever ridiculous description you want to put on his psyche. Dudes a friggin beast, an unstoppable force of friggin nature when he gets going. We've all seen it, we've all felt it, we've all praised it, and we've all basked in it's fucking glory. Is he playing like crap? yes. But don't turn on him now like he's some backstabbing piece of shit that just fucked your girl and is trying to play like shit on purpose. He was a legit MVP candidate this season, how quickly we forget.
    A legit MVP candidate who's soon to be a 30+ year old unrestricted free agent with questionable playoff performances on a capped out team.

Is our championship window bigger/better by keeping Lowry and the core together, or moving a top asset at his peak (career wise) for a great haul to complement the younger players like DD and (more importantly) JV?

It would be a fair question even without his struggles. His struggles, regardless of the cause, are simply a startling reminder of the ceiling of this group.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      A legit MVP candidate who's soon to be a 30+ year old unrestricted free agent with questionable playoff performances on a capped out team.

Is our championship window bigger/better by keeping Lowry and the core together, or moving a top asset at his peak (career wise) for a great haul to complement the younger players like DD and (more importantly) JV?

It would be a fair question even without his struggles. His struggles, regardless of the cause, are simply a startling reminder of the ceiling of this group.
      if casey is still the coach, who cares. nothings going to change. DD will still be the #1 option.

Comment

• On January 21, 2001, Allen Iverson, one of the great accessorizers in the great history of N.B.A. accessorizing, took the court with what appeared to be a length of white pantyhose stretched over his right arm. Iverson’s shooting elbow had developed bursitis: it had been swelling up for some time, and, devising a temporary solution to an injury that would ultimately require surgery, Lenny Currier, then the trainer of the Philadelphia 76ers, cut a swath of a tube bandage called compression stockinette and suggested that Iverson try to play with his elbow mummified in the stuff. Iverson agreed. He scored fifty-one points that night, averaged more than thirty-five points per game for the rest of the season, and dragged the 76ers to the N.B.A. finals. He wore a sleeve for the rest of his career.
        http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elemen...iverson-sleeve
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• 20 ppg and 40% shooting from 3 in his first playoff series as a starter. Sorry, but this narrative that he can't handle the playoffs is total BS and I'm seeing way too many analysts spew that crap. This guy is a warrior. He will recover.

(Side note: you can tell his shooting motion is way off by comparing that video to his other games in these playoffs)

Comment

• Should we be worried about the medical staff? Seams like Lowry and Carroll's situations could have been handled better.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              Should we be worried about the medical staff? Seams like Lowry and Carroll's situations could have been handled better.
              There has been some discussion on that subject not sure if it was on this thread or carrols

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post

20 ppg and 40% shooting from 3 in his first playoff series as a starter. Sorry, but this narrative that he can't handle the playoffs is total BS and I'm seeing way too many analysts spew that crap. This guy is a warrior. He will recover.

(Side note: you can tell his shooting motion is way off by comparing that video to his other games in these playoffs)
                Was waiting for someone to bring this up except the expected response would have been "But we lost so..."

Or the fact that he was literally hobbling during the Washington series with even more injuries than we thought.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I thought this debate was put to bed. Didn't Lowry come out and say that there isn't anything wrong with him physically and that it was just him missing shots?

Comment

• Comments like "empty the clip" is just these guys sticking up for each other. We saw Casey, Lowry, and DD do the exact same thing last year under criticism, then they all made adjustments over the summer and into this season that addressed some of those very criticisms they "refused" to acknowledge to the media last year. Some guys are comfortable with a little more transparency in front of the media, these guys aren't.

Hell, how much was Casey mocked with "vet's vet" comments here for playing Scola - and now he's benched him in the playoffs, even though he did nothing but praise the guy when the mics were on?

It's just their M.O.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post

20 ppg and 40% shooting from 3 in his first playoff series as a starter. Sorry, but this narrative that he can't handle the playoffs is total BS and I'm seeing way too many analysts spew that crap. This guy is a warrior. He will recover.

All BS. Kyle Lowry shows up for the big moments.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        All BS. Kyle Lowry shows up for the big moments.
                        Absolutely. I want Kyle Lowry to find himself just as much as I want the Raptors to win (think the former has to happen for the latter to be possible anyway). The guy has absolutely been the heart and soul of all the success we've enjoyed since the Rudy Gay trade. He's anything but a mental midget.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          I thought this debate was put to bed. Didn't Lowry come out and say that there isn't anything wrong with him physically and that it was just him missing shots?
                          Yes, he did. And then immediately followed it up with "and I'm honest with you guys all the time... except when I'm injured." And last season he said he wasn't hurt, and it came out after the playoffs that he had like 4 nagging injuries.

Why are we trusting Lowry when he says he isn't hurt? Lowry has never in his life admitted to being hurt as far as we know.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            if casey is still the coach, who cares. nothings going to change. DD will still be the #1 option.
                            Unless DD is gone.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Yes, he did. And then immediately followed it up with "and I'm honest with you guys all the time... except when I'm injured." And last season he said he wasn't hurt, and it came out after the playoffs that he had like 4 nagging injuries.

Why are we trusting Lowry when he says he isn't hurt? Lowry has never in his life admitted to being hurt as far as we know.
                              Dude did you see the video ? He was saying it in a joking fashion .

So you're saying he / the whole organization Is lying ?

Like even the rest of the team in the post games is selling it as if he's just lost his vibe and he will be back .

If he was injured then he should stop being so selfish and be straight up avout it and give up all his shots except wide open lay ups because he's injured and can't shoot .

Don't shoot the ball if you are injured , or at least admit it and say " im shooting whIle injured and I'm sure my injured 18% shot is better than a pp cj or jv taking those shots"

Just be real . Lie to us what ever , don't lie to your teammates .

And if he's not lying to his team mates then they are retarded for not changing the game plan . Someone's got to step up . Stop saying you are going to continue to shoot If you are injured and you all are aware of that .
                              2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                                Dude did you see the video ? He was saying it in a joking fashion .

So you're saying he / the whole organization Is lying ?

Like even the rest of the team in the post games is selling it as if he's just lost his vibe and he will be back .

If he was injured then he should stop being so selfish and be straight up avout it and give up all his shots except wide open lay ups because he's injured and can't shoot .

Don't shoot the ball if you are injured , or at least admit it and say " im shooting whIle injured and I'm sure my injured 18% shot is better than a pp cj or jv taking those shots"

Just be real . Lie to us what ever , don't lie to your teammates .

And if he's not lying to his team mates then they are retarded for not changing the game plan . Someone's got to step up . Stop saying you are going to continue to shoot If you are injured and you all are aware of that .
                                If he's hurt, he's maintaining it's a slump so that maybe Miami will slightly respect his shot.

If he says he won't be able to shoot at all in the playoffs, opposing teams can full out treat him like Rondo.(which they pretty much are doing anyways) Saying it's a slump means if he gets lucky and hits a few they might think he's back.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X