Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post
    "You can still talk about the circumstances, you can point to Lowry and DeRozan’s inefficient shooting, you can gripe about ugly, backward basketball, you can harp on them needing seven games in both rounds, you can say the East sucks, you cite luck or injuries. That’s all fair.

But they’re one of four teams left standing. Say whatever you want, just remember that part. They made it to the conference finals. They did something right."

William Lou - The Defeated
    I'm telling you, the Raps could win a ring this year or any year and that wouldn't be enough:

"Worst NBA Championship Team in league history"

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
      At the absolute least; he's second and carved out a LOT of space between him and Bosh.

In my opinion; Game 7 left no doubt about the guy. He needs to retire a Raptor.
      I've had a night to sleep on it so I can definitely say this more rationally.

Game 7 against the Heat was the game that absolutely sealed Lowry's place as the greatest Raptor of All Time.

Come at me.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        I'm telling you, the Raps could win a ring this year or any year and that wouldn't be enough:

"Worst NBA Championship Team in league history"
        Yup, its really sad.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          I've had a night to sleep on it so I can definitely say this more rationally.

Game 7 against the Heat was the game that absolutely sealed Lowry's place as the greatest Raptor of All Time.

Come at me.
          For me it's still Vince until Lowry can duplicate what he did yesterday one more time.

Vince had about 6-7 great playoff games in 00-01, one where he scored 50. Lowry has had about 4. Lowry got them to round 3 but I think if he can deliver one more epic performance then he bumps Vince.

He has at least 4 chances now to do it though.

Comment

• Man.. I don't think Kyle realizes how big he's gotten around in the NBA.. sports show radios down south is dick riding him hard right now.

Comment

• We saw a pretty dramatic change in Lowry from last season to this one. Last season seemed to be mostly about conditioning and body fat. I guess mental determination as well. The "Bulldog" got bulldoggier.

The question that I have is, will we see further change next year? And what kind if we do? I don't mean to suggest that Kyle doesn't work on his game every offseason. But I think the way he did something quite different last summer may have been a revelation to him. Instead of continuing doing what he had always done, he looked for a radically different direction to go and it had a huge impact on his game, and his perception around the league. So does that convince him to take a hard look at making changes this offseason?

I wonder if there is something he can do that will prevent or minimize issues with his elbow next season? It is hard to imagine what his numbers would have been if he hadn't developed a bum elbow. How many 0 for 6 three point nights would he have had with no elbow issues? How much did those games mess with his head? How much differently would the Raptors have run their offense if the "Early Season Kyle" had played the whole season?

Does Kyle go away and study game tape in the offseason and change how he approaches the game in a way that results in even more success for the Raptors and himself? These are intriguing questions for me. I think last offseason could be a pivotal one in Kyle's growth as a basketball player.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                We saw a pretty dramatic change in Lowry from last season to this one. Last season seemed to be mostly about conditioning and body fat. I guess mental determination as well. The "Bulldog" got bulldoggier.

The question that I have is, will we see further change next year? And what kind if we do? I don't mean to suggest that Kyle doesn't work on his game every offseason. But I think the way he did something quite different last summer may have been a revelation to him. Instead of continuing doing what he had always done, he looked for a radically different direction to go and it had a huge impact on his game, and his perception around the league. So does that convince him to take a hard look at making changes this offseason?

I wonder if there is something he can do that will prevent or minimize issues with his elbow next season? It is hard to imagine what his numbers would have been if he hadn't developed a bum elbow. How many 0 for 6 three point nights would he have had with no elbow issues? How much did those games mess with his head? How much differently would the Raptors have run their offense if the "Early Season Kyle" had played the whole season?

Does Kyle go away and study game tape in the offseason and change how he approaches the game in a way that results in even more success for the Raptors and himself? These are intriguing questions for me. I think last offseason could be a pivotal one in Kyle's growth as a basketball player.
                I think Kyle is about capped out as far as what he is capable of. He's really at his ceiling after taking better care of his body last summer. My hope is that he gains by having a bit of his work load subtracted. Hopefully MU can add another quality player to the roster this offseason.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  I think Kyle is about capped out as far as what he is capable of. He's really at his ceiling after taking better care of his body last summer. My hope is that he gains by having a bit of his work load subtracted. Hopefully MU can add another quality player to the roster this offseason.
                  Yeah I think Kyle has reached his ceiling but the improvement is gonna have to come from JV, Ross, Powell and Wright. Whatever the incoming rookie + Bruno give is gravy.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    I'm ok with a top 5 PG as his ceiling.

Comment

• The most interesting question, even more than the DeRozan question this offseason, is what to do with Lowry next offseason.

Do you extend a 31 year old bulldog for 3+ years, on a massive contract?

If you don't plan on doing that, do you let another asset expire and potentially walk for nothing? Do you cash in now, when his value is high and he's under contract for a full season with a new team/

Lowry is clearly the engine driving the current Raptors. The looming decision about Lowry is far more impactful for the long-term of this franchise than DeRozan or anybody else this offseason.

What can a Lowry-lead team achieve next year, realistically? Does another playoff run like this year's suffice? Do you surrender to the Cavs in the immediate-term, and choose to retool on the fly, in an attempt to improve the team's ceiling 2, 3, 5 years from now?

Intriguing decisions all around, with no clear-cut answer.

Comment

• Kyle did more than get in shape - he took more shots at the rim and at the 3 this year, fewer 2 point J's aka he made adjustments to his game, too.

I don't think that guy will have hit his ceiling until he starts to physically decline. He's a late bloomer, he's still improving every season.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Lowry's episodes of manic/depressive shooting have got to be one of the most disconcerting parts of an otherwise awesome playoff run. I thought this guy was supposed to be Philly tough? It almost feels like the system has propped him up to be this KLOE superhero character, and now he thinks he has to live up to that role and he's crumbling mentally under the weight of expectations.

But that's on him - Lowry wanted to be the alpha dog and Casey gave him the keys to the car in exchange for his cooperation and now we're seeing it play out to its logical conclusion. Would love to know what Masai is thinking?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Lowry's episodes of manic/depressive shooting have got to be one of the most disconcerting parts of an otherwise awesome playoff run. I thought this guy was supposed to be Philly tough? It almost feels like the system has propped him up to be this KLOE superhero character, and now he thinks he has to live up to that role and he's crumbling mentally under the weight of expectations.

But that's on him - Lowry wanted to be the alpha dog and Casey gave him the keys to the car in exchange for his cooperation and now we're seeing it play out to its logical conclusion. Would love to know what Masai is thinking?
                            Sometimes it just seems like he's spent after an outburst of high production. He just can't play at that level night in and night out, though he's still making more contributions more consistently than most guys on the team.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Big picture, long term; I love Lowry but I'd be calling the Lakers about that #2 pick.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Big picture, long term; I love Lowry but I'd be calling the Lakers about that #2 pick.
                                And let them know that if they get Lowry, their chances of landing Demar quadruples.

Comment

Working...
                                X