Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball4life wrote: View Post
    And let them know that if they get Lowry, their chances of landing Demar quadruples.
    Well they should understand that anyway but yes.

With the Lakers pick, you get a PF stud prospect in Simmons or Ingram and then you use the 9 pick on someone like Valentine to help shore up the wing rotation and add a play maker to help off set Lowry and Demar moving on. Can probably bring back Biz and still have a bit of room to spare.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I highly doubt the Lakers would trade their pick for a 30 year old Lowry.. I think we'd have to include our 9th pick too, at least

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Big picture, long term; I love Lowry but I'd be calling the Lakers about that #2 pick.
        lol good luck with that

Comment

• Yeah adding the #2 pick to the guys the Lakers currently have makes a lot more sense than taking on Lowry and DD. They're setting themselves up for a long window with a very talented, and a very young, core.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I really can't see Masai doing anything as drastic as shipping Lowry or DeRozan. If I'm a betting man, we're in line for 3-5 years of this core (until Lowry's game falls off a cliff), with minor yearly roster tweaks.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I really can't see Masai doing anything as drastic as shipping Lowry or DeRozan. If I'm a betting man, we're in line for 3-5 years of this core (until Lowry's game falls off a cliff), with minor yearly roster tweaks.
              Not really what I'd want, personally, but I'd double down on that bet.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Yeah adding the #2 pick to the guys the Lakers currently have makes a lot more sense than taking on Lowry and DD. They're setting themselves up for a long window with a very talented, and a very young, core.
                They have already indicated that they are going to look at shopping the pick and that they want to compete next season. The names of rumoured interest are Paul George and Cousins, neither of which might get traded. If the Lakers want to entice top players for their $60M of cap space, Lowry and his MVP consideration is a lot more enticing than Russell (who's video of Young's cheating comments surely won't enamour many). Plus if they are willing to deal for younger non-MVP guys like George and Cousins, then when they miss out, Lowry would make a lot of sense for them, a few years older but also a better player.

Lakers don't want to spend 4 years developing prospects (no matter how good), so flipping this pick for win now guys while maintaining the young stud prospects they have now makes sense.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

They have already indicated that they are going to look at shopping the pick and that they want to compete next season. The names of rumoured interest are Paul George and Cousins, neither of which might get traded. If the Lakers want to entice top players for their $60M of cap space, Lowry and his MVP consideration is a lot more enticing than Russell (who's video of Young's cheating comments surely won't enamour many). Plus if they are willing to deal for younger non-MVP guys like George and Cousins, then when they miss out, Lowry would make a lot of sense for them, a few years older but also a better player.

Lakers don't want to spend 4 years developing prospects (no matter how good), so flipping this pick for win now guys while maintaining the young stud prospects they have now makes sense.
                  Makes sense logically, but on a scale of 1 (least likely) to 10 (most likely), do you honestly see Masai trading Lowry?

I'm thinking 1 or 2 at best.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Makes sense logically, but on a scale of 1 (least likely) to 10 (most likely), do you honestly see Masai trading Lowry?

I'm thinking 1 or 2 at best.
                    Does anyone know what Masai is thinking?

He needs to have more than one plan going into this offseason and moving Lowry should definitely be getting consideration.

Comment

I dunno if I could put 30 year old Lowry, with 1 year left on his deal, in the same ballpark as 26 year old George (locked up until summer 2019 on a great deal under the new cap) or 25 year old Cousins (2 more years under contract) for a team as young as the Lakers. If I were in their shoes, Lowry would be a distant, distant third.

I wouldn't trade their pick for one guaranteed year of Kyle Lowry if I were them.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        I dunno if I could put 30 year old Lowry, with 1 year left on his deal, in the same ballpark as 26 year old George (locked up until summer 2019 on a great deal under the new cap) or 25 year old Cousins (2 more years under contract) for a team as young as the Lakers. If I were in their shoes, Lowry would be a distant, distant third.

I wouldn't trade their pick for one guaranteed year of Kyle Lowry if I were them.
                        Lakers always assume that they can resign guys; I don't think Dwight Howard changed that because every knows Howard's a bit of a flake.

A 30 year old MVP candidate with 1 year below market, allowing more flexibility to bring in other top free agents. Paul George isn't being traded. I doubt the Kings deal Cousins to the Lakers. So it's not a question of Lowry being their third choice, he might be their only choice.

Comment

Lakers always assume that they can resign guys; I don't think Dwight Howard changed that because every knows Howard's a bit of a flake.

A 30 year old MVP candidate with 1 year below market, allowing more flexibility to bring in other top free agents. Paul George isn't being traded. I doubt the Kings deal Cousins to the Lakers. So it's not a question of Lowry being their third choice, he might be their only choice.
                          I could see the Lakers offering Russell straight-up, in a swap of PGs, but the #2 picks seems unlikely (unless the Raptors include #9 or #27 or a 2017 pick, etc...).

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            The most interesting question, even more than the DeRozan question this offseason, is what to do with Lowry next offseason.

Do you extend a 31 year old bulldog for 3+ years, on a massive contract?

If you don't plan on doing that, do you let another asset expire and potentially walk for nothing? Do you cash in now, when his value is high and he's under contract for a full season with a new team/

Lowry is clearly the engine driving the current Raptors. The looming decision about Lowry is far more impactful for the long-term of this franchise than DeRozan or anybody else this offseason.

What can a Lowry-lead team achieve next year, realistically? Does another playoff run like this year's suffice? Do you surrender to the Cavs in the immediate-term, and choose to retool on the fly, in an attempt to improve the team's ceiling 2, 3, 5 years from now?

Intriguing decisions all around, with no clear-cut answer.

Great points. Will be an interesting offseason.
                            The thing with Lowry and status quo is that I think it's clear fatigue and injuries has been an issue and his minutes/games played need to be reduced during the regular season . If we rest Lowry an extra 5 games do we fall back in that 3-6 seed mess and potentially run into Cleveland in the 2nd round instead of the conference finals?

Also--maybe this is what it looks like when a 30 year old bulldog point guard starts to decline or fall off a cliff. The first thing to go is consistency. They still capture magic in a bottle periodically..but the great games become further and further apart. I'm not saying he's there yet, but maybe he's getting close?

Comment

• So did Kyle quit on the team last night?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                So did Kyle quit on the team last night?
                                I thought he had to go take a piss?
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X