No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really, really happy for Kyle, but...

I'd much rather he takes the summer off.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Im having Paul George flashbacks
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        I'm really, really happy for Kyle, but...

I'd much rather he takes the summer off.
        I echo this sentiment. It's left me feeling conflicted.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• lol we want Wiggins to play and Lowry to rest, it's true.

#SelfishCanadianRaptorsFans
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            lol we want Wiggins to play and Lowry to rest, it's true.

#SelfishCanadianRaptorsFans
            I considered the irony as well. But it's apples and oranges. Lowry is on the wrong side of 30, has been hampered by various injuries the last 2 post seasons, and seems to need a strict regimen to stay skinny. Plus he's mostly gonna ride the bench. Wiggins is 22, his health seems perfectly fine and he's the face of Canada basketball and by far our best offensive weapon.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Congrats KLow!
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• List of guys to start 50+ games in the NBA while being 30+ years old and under 6'3" in the last 5 seasons.

This is interesting with regards to Lowry. Just a reminder that undersized point guards don't necessarily age well.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  List of guys to start 50+ games in the NBA while being 30+ years old and under 6'3" in the last 5 seasons.

This is interesting with regards to Lowry. Just a reminder that undersized point guards don't necessarily age well.
                  5 seasons is a pretty short time frame, no?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    5 seasons is a pretty short time frame, no?
                    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=&order_by=per

Go back to 2000-01, and only 9 guys did it more than 3 seasons. Lowry will be 31 next summer, will have already done it once, and in line for a big payday. I can't be the only one who this makes a little bit nervous.

Drop the height to 6'1"(Lowry is listed at 6'0"), and the list is 21 guys total since 2000-01, and only 10 guys did it multiple seasons.

Comment

• Diminutive point guards aren't as rare as they once were, that number should climb as the younger generation ages.

30+ is a risk of decline regardless. At least Lowry has strength on his side.

Comment

• Most of Lowry's game isn't necessarily predicated on athleticism. I'm confident he'll be very productive until at least 32

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
                          Most of Lowry's game isn't necessarily predicated on athleticism. I'm confident he'll be very productive until at least 32
                          I'm 100% behind paying Lowry next offseason to finish his career as a Raptor.

The issue when it comes to Lowry's game has nothing to do with his athleticism; it's injury based. The same thing that people love about Lowry's game is the same thing that could eventually hurt it as he gets older.

Essentially; how D Wade is handled will have to be how he's handled.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• The thing about saying Lowry's game isn't predicated on athleticism: He LOVES contact. He loves running into guys, hitting the floor, he's a physical guy. That takes a toll on the body.

Comment

• I assume kyrie will start in the Olympics but seeing that there are only two pg's on the roster do you think kyle will get at least 15 minutes per game?

Comment

• https://twitter.com/theScore/status/757061113452171265
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X