No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i assume coach k does not want anyone losing there intensity or identity. although this article is about kyle he does refer to others but not by name.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
      I'm 100% behind paying Lowry next offseason to finish his career as a Raptor.

The issue when it comes to Lowry's game has nothing to do with his athleticism; it's injury based. The same thing that people love about Lowry's game is the same thing that could eventually hurt it as he gets older.

Essentially; how D Wade is handled will have to be how he's handled.
      Barolt wrote: View Post
      The thing about saying Lowry's game isn't predicated on athleticism: He LOVES contact. He loves running into guys, hitting the floor, he's a physical guy. That takes a toll on the body.
      This is where Alex McKechnie earns his paycheque.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        List of guys to start 50+ games in the NBA while being 30+ years old and under 6'3" in the last 5 seasons.

This is interesting with regards to Lowry. Just a reminder that undersized point guards don't necessarily age well.
        LOL. This is cherry picking at it's finest.

You change the height criteria in your search to the range "6-5 and above" and you get an even smaller list (6 vs. 8)

http://bkref.com/tiny/J486x

Conclusion: Tall guys age worse than small guys, which is actually more in line with the study of populations.
        Last edited by golden; Tue Jul 26, 2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          The thing about saying Lowry's game isn't predicated on athleticism: He LOVES contact. He loves running into guys, hitting the floor, he's a physical guy. That takes a toll on the body.
          that's true but it is almost as if he has been told to avoid taking charges this facet of his game has been toned down.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
            that's true but it is almost as if he has been told to avoid taking charges this facet of his game has been toned down.
            Yeah that seems like one adjustment already made with an eye towards longevity. It's a positive sign the Lowry's got some awareness on this front. Some guys just keep going until their bodies fail them and they can't play anymore. With plenty of smarts, good physical strength, quick hands, and a good 3 point shot, Lowry should be able to age well if he takes care of his body.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Yeah that seems like one adjustment already made with an eye towards longevity. It's a positive sign the Lowry's got some awareness on this front. Some guys just keep going until their bodies fail them and they can't play anymore. With plenty of smarts, good physical strength, quick hands, and a good 3 point shot, Lowry should be able to age well if he takes care of his body.
              Cuban would not sign Nash because of health reasons or would not pay him I think the suns got there money's worth

Comment

• If all else fails we can just sign Andre Miller next offseason.

Comment

• tonight against the dreaded venezuela

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                    If all else fails we can just sign Andre Miller next offseason.
                    I don't know if the league will allow anymore super teams to be built.

Comment

• Is it just me or does Kyle look like he's getting a bit bigger again?

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                        Is it just me or does Kyle look like he's getting a bit bigger again?
                        I imagine that after the season, he's having some well earned junk food. He's going in to a contract year though, so no doubt he turns it back on in time for the season.

Comment

• http://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/4/123...p-lebron-james

Kyle named best teammate for the Raps.

Nice to see Amir getting named best teammate for the Celtics. Just reinforces what a good guy he is.

Comment

• Check out @stevekylerNBA's Tweet: https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/st...019478535?s=09
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Can we give Lowry a Westbrook/Harden type contract extension where we close to max out his player option and give him close to max for another 2 years after that?

Comment

• connected wrote: View Post
                                Can we give Lowry a Westbrook/Harden type contract extension where we close to max out his player option and give him close to max for another 2 years after that?
                                No. He's not extension eligible, and we'd need cap room to do so anyway.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X