Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        Please Masai offer him 3 yr guaranteed and 2 TEAM options
        Literally impossible.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Literally impossible.
          Last edited by JamesNaismith; Fri Sep 2, 2016, 02:48 AM.

Comment

• Listening to that interview you can really hear his love for Nova and by extension Philly - If they offer to pay him next year, I don't know if he takes the shorter contract we would like him to take as an older PG. He would look really good next to a ball dominant Point Forward in Ben Simmons actually.

Comment

• The_Warlord wrote: View Post
              Listening to that interview you can really hear his love for Nova and by extension Philly - If they offer to pay him next year, I don't know if he takes the shorter contract we would like him to take as an older PG. He would look really good next to a ball dominant Point Forward in Ben Simmons actually.
              Pretty much the same situation Raps had with Deebo and LA. I'm not worried about Philly poaching him. Raptors will have to pay up though but, that's cause K-Low deserves it.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Was watching a bit of the Celtics/Bulls game last night, and it got me thinking how obsessed Raptors Republic was with Avery Bradley leading up to the 2010 draft (when this forum was still in its infancy, and most of us were regularly commenting on the main page). Back when Calderon was manning our offense, and opposing guards were flying past him at will, the need for a defensive point guard was a high priority.

Man, it's nice having a legit point guard rotation now.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Was watching a bit of the Celtics/Bulls game last night, and it got me thinking how obsessed Raptors Republic was with Avery Bradley leading up to the 2010 draft (when this forum was still in its infancy, and most of us were regularly commenting on the main page). Back when Calderon was manning our offense, and opposing guards were flying past him at will, the need for a defensive point guard was a high priority.

Man, it's nice having a legit point guard rotation now.
                  Bradley was fantastic in the Celtics opener though. Last night, not so much.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I missed this during the summer. Didn't realize Lowry is viewed this highly outside of Toronto.

In a pre-season poll of NBA GMs on NBA.com, Lowry finished fourth on a list ranking the league’s smartest players, behind LeBron James, Chris Paul and Steph Curry.
                    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...h-200-million/

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I missed this during the summer. Didn't realize Lowry is viewed this highly outside of Toronto.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...h-200-million/
                      Keep in mind, that if I recall correctly, the voting was something like 29 GM's split between three guys and one guy voting for Lowry. It speaks to one (two maybe? I think it was one) GM viewing him highly.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Keep in mind, that if I recall correctly, the voting was something like 29 GM's split between three guys and one guy voting for Lowry. It speaks to one (two maybe? I think it was one) GM viewing him highly.
                        And that one GM probably clicked the wrong button by accident.

Comment

• King of the Court: Kyle Lowry

On a night largely marked by balanced scoring (of the four games, three featured a team with at least six players in double figures), the Raptors once again leaned on their two best players, with Lowry and DeMar DeRozan combining for 62 points in their 105–102 victory over the Nuggets.
                          DeRozan has gotten off to an impeccable start to his season, with three consecutive 30-plus-point games, but Lowry won the night with 12 points in the fourth quarter, including the final two field goals to seal the win. There is something endearingly basic about Lowry’s game. Despite slimming down over the past two seasons, he continues to give off the illusion of being bigger than he is; his crossovers aren’t particularly snappy, but they take up a lot of lateral space, and his power dribbles force defenders to concede breathing room. Against Denver, his style of play created a lot of real estate for layups driving right. Lowry has had a rough start to the season, but Monday night was a return to classic form.
                          Looking into the Raptors’ existential position in the East last week, I chose to focus on the development of DeRozan and Jonas Valanciunas, because as far as utility goes, there are still huge adjustments that can be made in their respective games. I spent little time delving into Lowry’s game, because there just aren’t that many holes in it. He’s one of the few players in the league who has proved he can be a team’s best facilitator, defender, and shooter on any given night. Whether he’s the right player to have that responsibility on a championship contender is a separate argument, but there’s rarely anything to worry about with Lowry during the regular season.

https://theringer.com/king-of-the-co...f10#.jobk8351e
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            King of the Court: Kyle Lowry

On a night largely marked by balanced scoring (of the four games, three featured a team with at least six players in double figures), the Raptors once again leaned on their two best players, with Lowry and DeMar DeRozan combining for 62 points in their 105–102 victory over the Nuggets.
                            DeRozan has gotten off to an impeccable start to his season, with three consecutive 30-plus-point games, but Lowry won the night with 12 points in the fourth quarter, including the final two field goals to seal the win. There is something endearingly basic about Lowry’s game. Despite slimming down over the past two seasons, he continues to give off the illusion of being bigger than he is; his crossovers aren’t particularly snappy, but they take up a lot of lateral space, and his power dribbles force defenders to concede breathing room. Against Denver, his style of play created a lot of real estate for layups driving right. Lowry has had a rough start to the season, but Monday night was a return to classic form.
                            Looking into the Raptors’ existential position in the East last week, I chose to focus on the development of DeRozan and Jonas Valanciunas, because as far as utility goes, there are still huge adjustments that can be made in their respective games. I spent little time delving into Lowry’s game, because there just aren’t that many holes in it. He’s one of the few players in the league who has proved he can be a team’s best facilitator, defender, and shooter on any given night. Whether he’s the right player to have that responsibility on a championship contender is a separate argument, but there’s rarely anything to worry about with Lowry during the regular season.

https://theringer.com/king-of-the-co...f10#.jobk8351e
                            I think the bolded is one of the things that's most underrated in regards to Lowry. He's essentially a swiss army knife in what he can do at any given time.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Trading Lowry is a JOKE. We would never be able to fill the holes he would leave.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Who is the best PG in the NBA poll.

Curry
                                Westbrook
                                Harden
                                Paul
                                Someone else(Kyle Lowry picture)

These guys are so disrespectful. Remember the CBS article a couple of months ago?

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/sto...st-point-guard
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X