Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    You're doing the same thing with Thomas as you're accusing Americans of doing with Lowry. I agree that Lowry is better, but Thomas is more than a good scorer. He also has a 33.1 Assist%, only a 9.5 TO% with 33.4% USG. That is really damn good. Kyle has a lower AST%, higher TO% and lower USG. On the other hand Kyle is one of the best defensive PG's in the league while Thomas is one of the worst.
    My point still stands. Considering Thomas' usage, it shouldn't be surprising that he has a high Assist %. His TO% is good though. Lowry is better considering what he does with a lower usage and having an all-star backcourt teammate.

Comment

• Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

As usual Kyle and Chris Paul are always up there. How Kyle STILL doesn't get the credit he deserves from the US media is insane
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• ESPN did a Q&A with Lowry today (in case you missed it):
          http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-ultimate-goal

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            ESPN did a Q&A with Lowry today (in case you missed it):
            http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-ultimate-goal
            Thanks for the read. 3 things

Great stat:
            According to ESPN Stats & Information, Lowry is attempting to duplicate something that has been done only once in NBA history, when Curry averaged 22 points and seven assists and shot 44 percent on 3s in 2014-15.
            Great quote
            I don't mind flying under the radar. I know people always say, 'Why is Kyle this-or-that? Oh, he is overrated.' But I don't care. As long as my team wins games, who cares what people say? I like just being who I am. I like the situation I am in and just going out there and having fun. I'll get recognition from my peers. My peers and my teammates are the people that I feel like know the best. They are your competition. Your peers are the people you go against every night. They know what's what.
            Less than reassuring quote?
            Q: Do you want to stay in Toronto? Is that your first choice?

A: When the time comes, then I will worry about it. It definitely will be an option. It's definitely home. I have been given the keys to it, [and it's where] I have been most successful. When that time comes, I'll think about it, but for now I just want to keep winning and try to get to that next level and take it game by game and day by day.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Thanks for the read. 3 things

Great stat:

Great quote

Less than reassuring quote?
              When you're 26, someone will offer you a max contract, When you're 30, you got to create a bidding war. That's all there is to it.

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
                When you're 26, someone will offer you a max contract, When you're 30, you got to create a bidding war. That's all there is to it.
                One team that worries me is the San Antonio spurs. The only other teams that are contenders (cleveland, Gs, lac, Houston, even say Boston) are all set st point guard. Parker is on his last legs and I'm sure popovich loves lowry. To me Philly is not realistic because he's not gonna go to a lottery team at this stage of his career. They'd become a top 4 team in the east with him, but it'd still be a step backwards

Comment

One team that worries me is the San Antonio spurs. The only other teams that are contenders (cleveland, Gs, lac, Houston, even say Boston) are all set st point guard. Parker is on his last legs and I'm sure popovich loves lowry. To me Philly is not realistic because he's not gonna go to a lottery team at this stage of his career. They'd become a top 4 team in the east with him, but it'd still be a step backwards
                  Do Spurs have cap space?

Comment

Do Spurs have cap space?
                    It's the Spurs, mortal rules don't apply to them.

(PS - I have no idea).
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Do Spurs have cap space?
                      Spurs have $73.4M guaranteed next year.. Salary cap is expected to be around $102M. That's about $28.5M in space. I don't think that's enough for a max contract but even if Lowry takes a bit of a cut.. that $73.4M doesn't include player options.. if Gasol for example wants back, then that's another $16M that they lose in cap space.

I don't think the Spurs are a threat. Philly is probably the only threat and that's only if he wants to go 'home'.

Comment

• Parker has one more year on his contract after this year, and will make $15.4M. If Spurs go PG hunting it'll be in the summer of '18, not '17.

Comment

Do Spurs have cap space?
                          The Spurs have always pulled off some math gymnastics ie to bring Aldridge in, according to planetmars they'd only need to rid about 5 million more to give Lowry the max...so yeah, they do

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Spurs have $73.4M guaranteed next year.. Salary cap is expected to be around $102M. That's about $28.5M in space. I don't think that's enough for a max contract but even if Lowry takes a bit of a cut.. that $73.4M doesn't include player options.. if Gasol for example wants back, then that's another $16M that they lose in cap space.

I don't think the Spurs are a threat. Philly is probably the only threat and that's only if he wants to go 'home'.
                            How does it work for player options and cap hold? If Gasol doesnt want to accept the option does his cap hold remain until he signs elsewhere?

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                              How does it work for player options and cap hold? If Gasol doesnt want to accept the option does his cap hold remain until he signs elsewhere?
                              Dan would be in a better position to answer this.. but if Gasol declines his option, then he's a UFA. His cap hold would probably in the $20M range.. which is more than he makes now. So they would just renounce it.

Their significant cap holds are to Patti Mills ($6.8M), Simmons ($1.6M) and Ginobili ($21M). I assume Ginobili would retire. And if they go after Lowry then maybe they'd be fine with Mills leaving in free agency.

Long shot for them would be if Gasol declines his option or is traded for cap relief. And probably with Deadmon as well. They have no center depth then though if both leave.

Comment

The Spurs have always pulled off some math gymnastics ie to bring Aldridge in, according to planetmars they'd only need to rid about 5 million more to give Lowry the max...so yeah, they do
                                That figure also assumes Gasol is gone and it excludes the cap hold on the 1st round pick which counts now. I'll defer to Dan but it's about 1.4 I think.

So it would be a paycut for Lowry most likely unless the Spurs trade Parker which I think is unlikely.
                                Time also works in the raps favor---Masai will probably show up at 12:01 ready to roll. If the Spurs want to upgrade at point guard maybe they call Chris Paul or Steph Curry before approaching Lowry. Who knows? But if there is $175 or $200 million on the table for Lowry from Toronto does he really say no?

Comment

Working...
                                X