Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark
    replied
    The greatest international player of all time is probably Sergei Belov, and he looks like your dad

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    The conversation here just reaffirms the bar is set way too low.
    The argument becomes "my boy X is almost as good as Y and he's in the hall"
    Then "my boy W is nearly the same as X and he's in the hall"

Next thing you know it's so watered down and you get a Calvin Murphy in the hall

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    people shit all over melo but he's first ballot even if he had never played a single game for team USA. he's currently 18th on the all time scoring list. if he averages 6.1 ppg next season he'll pass hakeem for 13th, and has a shot to finish top ten if he plays a couple more years.

calling kukoc "the most decorated international player of all time" is hilarious no matter how you define decorated, but i can't take it seriously considering who's proclaiming it. he'll get in eventually as the precedent has already been set with his former yugoslav teammates getting in, but none of them will have made it for their accomplishments in the nba.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Is Luis Scola a Hall of Famer? He's one of the most decorated FIBA players ever. The assumption here is that Dwane Casey doesn't get a vote.
    He could be

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post

You're so right about Webber. He really was incredible for a while.
    There's some basketball old boys club stain on all of the Fab Five and I wonder if that isn't keeping Webber out of the Hall.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

yeah playing for your country matters.
    Is Luis Scola a Hall of Famer? He's one of the most decorated FIBA players ever. The assumption here is that Dwane Casey doesn't get a vote.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    I forgot about Grant Hill. He had a great NBA career. But he got in because of his college career right. So why is Chris Webber not in the HOF? He had a great college career(Fab Five) and had a better NBA career than Grant Hill.

All these guys should be in the HOF a long time ago(in order):

1. Kukoc
    2. Billups
    3. Wallace
    4. Webber
    You're so right about Webber. He really was incredible for a while.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

So, Melo gets extra HoF points because he sacrificed a few extra banana boat summer vacations than his Team USA contemporaries?
    Lebron: Melo This coulda been us, but you wanted to be first ballot

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

So, Melo gets extra HoF points because he sacrificed a few extra banana boat summer vacations than his Team USA contemporaries?
    yeah playing for your country matters.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Its also why sabonis got in, and why people call Carmelo a slam dunk (most decorated USA basketball player of all time)

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    It's basketball (not just NBA) Hall of Fame so Kukoc could be there. Oscar Schmidt did not play a game in NBA and was named HOF
    Its also why sabonis got in, and why people call Carmelo a slam dunk (most decorated USA basketball player of all time)

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    It's basketball (not just NBA) Hall of Fame so Kukoc could be there. Oscar Schmidt did not play a game in NBA and was named HOF

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

I don't really know what Kukoc' accomplishments were outside the NBA. So not really sure about him yet. If we go by his NBA accomplishments then nope.. He was basically a 6th man on the Bulls championship runs. Had impact but that's like Danny Green's or Fred's impact on last years run.
    Kukoc is the most decorated international player of all time.

As for his Bulls career, he was instrumental to their 2nd 3-peat. He was their Manu Ginobili. He could be a starter for other teams but didn't complain coming off the bench.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    I forgot about Grant Hill. He had a great NBA career. But he got in because of his college career right. So why is Chris Webber not in the HOF? He had a great college career(Fab Five) and had a better NBA career than Grant Hill.

1. Kukoc
    2. Billups
    3. Wallace
    4. Webber
    I don't really know what Kukoc' accomplishments were outside the NBA. So not really sure about him yet. If we go by his NBA accomplishments then nope.. He was basically a 6th man on the Bulls championship runs. Had impact but that's like Danny Green's or Fred's impact on last years run.

Billups should get in, and is a really bizarre that he isn't.

Am 50/50 on Wallace. Great defensive seasons. But he's a role player. Not sure a role player should make the Hall. That sets a bad precedence. Is Gobert making the hall too when he retires?

Grant Hill won in college though (twice), Webber didn't.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

1. Kukoc
    2. Billups
    3. Wallace
    4. Webber

Leave a comment:

Working...
X