X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

I haven't seen the second half yet, so I'm intrigued by how he comes out in the 3rd, because I wasn't particularly impressed by him in the first half.
    Imagine my surprise....

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post

He hit shots but can he play the point? Those are two different things. I love Fred, I think he brings a lot to the table. But he struggles on the ball a fair amount and he's not the best PnR playmaker. Those are pretty valuable skills for point guards in today's NBA. If we can find a ball-dominant shooting guard... it would work. If not, I'm not sure it will.
    Worked okay against the Rockets. He specifically made a point of initiating action early in the shot clock. And Pascal brought it up a bit. Freddy got 5 assists, 5 rebounds and 3 steals to go along with his 16 points, against 2 TOs, all in 28 minutes. Good start to the preseason.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Ok, it's only the first pre-season game, but this sounds encouraging....

https://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2019...players-shine/
    I haven't seen the second half yet, so I'm intrigued by how he comes out in the 3rd, because I wasn't particularly impressed by him in the first half.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

Yeah, he was a tremendous SG for us in that playoff run. Can't run the offence to save his life, so he's a terrible PG, luckily between Siakam and Lowry we rarely needed him to try to be a PG.
    Ok, it's only the first pre-season game, but this sounds encouraging....

VanVleet has made strides. Perhaps more comfortable in his role, now starting for the still-rehabbing Lowry, VanVleet played the part of a true point guard. He dribbled less, ran the offense faster, and attacked without hesitation in the pick-and-roll. He was decisive in hitting ahead in transition. His jumper was true. VanVleet opened the third quarter on a personal 7-0 run, and he, along with Siakam, was one of Toronto’s most stabilizing influences on offense.
    https://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2019...players-shine/

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

Not NBA calibre? wtf lmao. He's one of the biggest reasons why the Raptors won the championship. He was their best player in Game 6. Hubie Brown gave him an MVP vote in the Finals(Kawhi got all the other votes).

Dude is legit.
    Yeah, he was a tremendous SG for us in that playoff run. Can't run the offence to save his life, so he's a terrible PG, luckily between Siakam and Lowry we rarely needed him to try to be a PG.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X