Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley
    started a topic Everything Kyle Lowry

Everything Kyle Lowry

Came across a little gem on ESPN, couldn't find a real Kyle Lowry thread, so here it is.

ESPN ranks Kyle Lowry as the 13th best free agent this year, although they do count a bunch of guys who may not opt out (Melo, Lebron, Bosh, etc.).

Here's the article (insider) :

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...ee-agents-2014

They peg Lowry's Suggested AAV (average annual value) as $8.5 million for 3 years, which would make me thrilled.

Here's the write up:

Along with Stephenson, arguably no player has increased his market value this season as much as Lowry did, playing at what should have been considered an All-Star level and being the main driving force behind Toronto's ascension into the playoff picture (although both of those facts should be tempered by the reality that he's done it in the Eastern Conference). His caustic personality hasn't gone away, and he is 27, so he doesn't get the full bump to an eight-figure AAV.
    Lowry's shooting troubles of late may actually help that very team friendly deal come to fruition.
    Last edited by stooley; Mon Mar 10th, 2014, 05:30 PM.

• Gonzz
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post

That's our guy. Dude loves playing basketball. While other guys skirt around playing for their national team, he at 32 has a surgery, but wants to get back right to it for summer ball above and beyond the NBA.
    He still has room in his trophy case. Olympic gold medal, Larry O ring, now a FIBA World Cup medal.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

That's our guy. Dude loves playing basketball. While other guys skirt around playing for their national team, he at 32 has a surgery, but wants to get back right to it for summer ball above and beyond the NBA.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    suspenders wrote: View Post
    I feel better this morning. I felt pretty crappy all day yesterday but I’m okay now.
    Dead calm....but I gotta admit I like the NBA just a bit less this morning. A week holidays coming up, fishing, skiing, BBQing, beering will make it a bit better over time

Leave a comment:

• suspenders
    replied
    I feel better this morning. I felt pretty crappy all day yesterday but I’m okay now.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

We just won a championship. Imagine if they moved all those guys before the season? banner ceremony and ring ceremony are part of winning a championship. And obviously there will be one this october. Those guys, ESPECIALLY Lowry, deserves to be a part of that.
    I think the only way they move Lowry is if he expresses a desire to move. Which seems not entirely unlikely with the team on pace to drop off and then radically change anyway next summer.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    I’m perfectly fine with Gasol and/or Ibaka being moved for the right price, but I don’t think I can take Lowry being traded right now
    We just won a championship. Imagine if they moved all those guys before the season? banner ceremony and ring ceremony are part of winning a championship. And obviously there will be one this october. Those guys, ESPECIALLY Lowry, deserves to be a part of that.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post
    I think Serge probably has really good value to a contender right now. His reputation as a mobile defender that can hit the three and defend the rim is a little inflated but it's enough to up his value. Add in the fact that he's an expiring, I think there are teams that would be willing to take the risk (which is low due to the term). If we can get a decent first round pick and a lower end prospect I would be happy. The first might be difficult but it's possible.
    Lowry, Gasol, Ibaka and FVV are all excellent trade deadline additions to contenders. Also valuable to teams like the Knicks chasing capspace to add a free agent. Problem is that there are no marquee free agents available at the end of 2020, other than Anthony Davis.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    I think Serge probably has really good value to a contender right now. His reputation as a mobile defender that can hit the three and defend the rim is a little inflated but it's enough to up his value. Add in the fact that he's an expiring, I think there are teams that would be willing to take the risk (which is low due to the term). If we can get a decent first round pick and a lower end prospect I would be happy. The first might be difficult but it's possible.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    I’m perfectly fine with Gasol and/or Ibaka being moved for the right price, but I don’t think I can take Lowry being traded right now
    Hardest decisions require strongest of wills.

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    Well we finally know who the real king of the north is.."The King of the North"

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Kyle Lowry - Defensive Dynamo 18/19 (Charge Drawing Champion)

Daymn. That's the stuff championships are made of man, any coach will tell ya. Crisp switching, Defence in the post, perimeter D, transition D, team D communication, positioning for charges, and positioning for steals on passing lanes, all elite.
    Last edited by inthepaint; Mon Jun 17th, 2019, 12:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell Duong
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post

Kawhi just said he texted him....so a part lie?
    I'm just poking fun. They definitely spoke and Kyle was pretty prickly at that media avail at the start of the year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X