Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • stooley
    started a topic Everything Kyle Lowry

    Everything Kyle Lowry

    Came across a little gem on ESPN, couldn't find a real Kyle Lowry thread, so here it is.

    ESPN ranks Kyle Lowry as the 13th best free agent this year, although they do count a bunch of guys who may not opt out (Melo, Lebron, Bosh, etc.).

    Here's the article (insider) :

    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...ee-agents-2014

    They peg Lowry's Suggested AAV (average annual value) as $8.5 million for 3 years, which would make me thrilled.

    Here's the write up:

    Along with Stephenson, arguably no player has increased his market value this season as much as Lowry did, playing at what should have been considered an All-Star level and being the main driving force behind Toronto's ascension into the playoff picture (although both of those facts should be tempered by the reality that he's done it in the Eastern Conference). His caustic personality hasn't gone away, and he is 27, so he doesn't get the full bump to an eight-figure AAV.
    Lowry's shooting troubles of late may actually help that very team friendly deal come to fruition.
    Last edited by stooley; Mon Mar 10th, 2014, 06:30 PM.

  • MixxAOR
    replied
    yeah it's a concern not how long it'll take but if he's coming back too early.

    Leave a comment:


  • bertarapsfan
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Lowry's timeline is 2 weeks right? so do you think we'll see him saturday vs the Hawks?
    reevaluated in 2 weeks. I hope we don't rush him. But knowing kyle he will probably come back as soon as he can which i disagree with

    Leave a comment:


  • The Great One
    replied
    Lowry's timeline is 2 weeks right? so do you think we'll see him saturday vs the Hawks?

    Leave a comment:


  • MixxAOR
    replied
    https://streamable.com/7l31w

    Leave a comment:


  • KeonClark
    replied
    Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    Great read by Lowry, but I guess I'm cold blooded - because I still think we should trade him next year if it makes us better lol.
    I don't see that part of the idea happening

    Leave a comment:


  • Truth Teller
    replied
    Great read by Lowry, but I guess I'm cold blooded - because I still think we should trade him next year if it makes us better lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • KeonClark
    replied
    DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Man, give that guy any contract he wants, I want him on my team
    I wanna draft point guard Karter Lowry in 2030

    Leave a comment:


  • 007
    replied
    “Don’t matter. We still the champs.”

    I love you Kyle

    Leave a comment:


  • DogeLover1234
    replied
    Man, give that guy any contract he wants, I want him on my team

    Leave a comment:


  • KeonClark
    replied
    Kyle released a great column in the tribune today

    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...oronto-raptors


    One thing I know for sure is that just winning a championship won’t fulfill you. It doesn’t feel like the end of a journey.

    Instead it pushes you. Because now it isn’t this dream or idea — now you know what it takes, and you know how it feels to get there. And once that happens, all you want is to do everything in your power to feel it again. That’s what’s driving me this year. That’s what got me up early to head right back to the gym a week after our parade.

    We’re going to be looking forward to Ring Night. No question about that. But once that banner gets raised to the rafters, we won’t be looking up at it too long. All the focus will be on getting another one. Because that one isn’t going anywhere. It’s staying right there.

    Only one thing matters: We the champs.

    Last month, I brought the Larry O’Brien trophy back to my house. At one point both of my sons were playing with it. My younger son, Kam, was running and jumping around the trophy, putting his fingerprints all over it. And my older son, Karter, was just sort of looking at it in amazement. Like, How is this thing here with us right now in this moment?

    One day, when he’s a bit older, I’ll tell him how it got here. It’s a long story. But it’s a great story. And no matter what, one fact will never change.

    Toronto Raptors, NBA champions.

    Kyle Lowry, NBA champion.

    That’s forever.

    Leave a comment:


  • RandomGuy
    replied
    Christian was never high on JV, he said he liked him as a teammate but bashed him whenever he had a bad game. That's what I remember of him. It was him, TRex "TheGreatOne", special1 and one other DD club member I can't remember now and yeah, he was your guy, those were the days... Biggest stat backed JV fans were danh, Matt52 (RIP), puffer(?), so yeah, two of three are still here.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; Mon Oct 14th, 2019, 08:42 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • KeonClark
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

    Christian's my guy. Whatever happened to him?
    He plays in San antonio now and doesnt post here much

    Leave a comment:


  • bertarapsfan
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

    Christian's my guy. Whatever happened to him?
    Traded to the spurs and grizzles equivalent of RR.

    Leave a comment:


  • The Great One
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

    And Aldridge to replace JV.. which would be Christian's wet dream
    Christian's my guy. Whatever happened to him?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X