Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcin Gortat wants NBA to Allow Fighting

I found this on Realgm.

Any rule changes that you think would help the NBA game? For instance, sometimes they talk about instituting FIBA goaltending rules in the NBA. Any thoughts on that or any other changes that would help the game play?
    The goaltending? It definitely wouldn’t help. You have too many athletic guys in this league that would tip the ball out of the rim, so pretty much to make a basket you will need to swish it, you know what I’m saying?
    I would say I would loosen up a little bit the rules about the fighting fines. That’s what I would loosen up. Because today you go to an ice hockey game, and the one thing they’re waiting for is a fight, you know what I’m saying? So if they could set it up something like that in the NBA. That if there are two guys and they have a problem, if they could just separate everybody. And these two people that have problem, if they could fight …
    During the game?
    During the game. Quick, 15-20 seconds, throw few punches, then referees jump in and break this thing up. I think the game … these two guys, they resolved their problem. They’re both suspended and they’re leaving. But end of the day, they fix the problem between each other, fans are super excited, and I think that would be a pretty cool idea [chuckles
    wrote:
    .?

What yall think about this?

Link:http://www.hoopmixtape.com/marcin-go...ampaign=buffer
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

LOLOL

so, so ridiculous
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I bet if this went through KG would retire as soon as he here's about it ahhahaha

Comment

I think Gortat's probably already taken too many blows to the head....

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Yeah most likely but at least there will be no more fake tough guys like KG, Perkins etc

Comment

And it's hilarious that he compares it to hockey, where a big reason fighting isn't a total catastrophe is that it happens on ice. Thus the fight is likely to end with guys losing their balance and falling, which is what permits the refs to get in there and make sure tehy stop. Can't imagine two guys getting between a couple of 6'10'' basketball players with massive shoulders throwing bareknuckled punches....Though it might fix some of the reffing issues

Comment

can't decide if his nose would immediately break, or if he could use it as a weapon
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

And it's hilarious that he compares it to hockey, where a big reason fighting isn't a total catastrophe is that it happens on ice. Thus the fight is likely to end with guys losing their balance and falling, which is what permits the refs to get in there and make sure tehy stop. Can't imagine two guys getting between a couple of 6'10'' basketball players with massive shoulders throwing bareknuckled punches....Though it might fix some of the reffing issues
                aahahahhaahhahahahaha imagine joey crawford jumping between Tyler Handsbro and Metta World Peace

Comment

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL You sneak in a couple jabs @ Dick Bavetta

Comment

It would be cool if both palyers had to agree with it and they had to wear gloves and one of those sparring helmets. would never happen but it would be entertaining as fuck

Comment

youd have to make roster spots for some real enforcers. kimbo slice would def be an nba enforcer

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                        LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL You sneak in a couple jabs @ Dick Bavetta
                        Not just at Bavetta.

Actually, I don't really want Bavetta taking an errant punch...Dude is too old. Don't want some player being taken out of the league for involuntary manslaughter.

Comment

ryanc123 wrote: View Post
                          youd have to make roster spots for some real enforcers. kimbo slice would def be an nba enforcer
                          Shaw would still have a job looooooool who would wanna throw down with a 7'3 350lbs man?

Comment

Uh no no no.

There's huge difference when you fight on ice ( with helmets ) vs on normal ground ( without helmets ). Marcin is watching way too many movies, I guess.

One good hit could lead to falling and hitting your head to the ground very very easily.. and then say hello to brain hemorrhage and huge insurance payouts!

Comment

ryanc123 wrote: View Post
                              It would be cool if both palyers had to agree with it and they had to wear gloves and one of those sparring helmets. would never happen but it would be entertaining as fuck
                              It would make the league a joke.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                              X