Game #64: Memphis Grizzlies 86 - Toronto Raptors 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unplug bud, red pill or blue.

I always find it interesting that people believe that every big company is always 100% about what they are doing.

Give your self more credit. they are people, and people drop balls.

ESPN drops the ball on Canadian coverage pretty regularly.

Then they hear about it, loudly, from canadians, then they respond with coverage.

You wanna sit and take it fine.... think about it during free agency when Lebron or Durant pass Toronto up as a desirable destination because they are afraid of coverage.

Try the big picture one day, I hear its to die for

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
      meh....*shrugs*
      get used to it Craig
      all we can do is worry bout our selves
      let them sleep on us
      we're having a great time up here, they'll figure out what they've been missing sooner or later
      As per usual, my favourite poster on this forum sets me straight in under 200 words.

Thanks kid!

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
        Unplug bud, red pill or blue.

I always find it interesting that people believe that every big company is always 100% about what they are doing.

Give your self more credit. they are people, and people drop balls.

ESPN drops the ball on Canadian coverage pretty regularly.

Then they hear about it, loudly, from canadians, then they respond with coverage.

You wanna sit and take it fine.... think about it during free agency when Lebron or Durant pass Toronto up as a desirable destination because they are afraid of coverage.

Try the big picture one day, I hear its to die for
        Oh buddy you're in deep aren't you?
        You got the tinfoil hat on right now?

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
          Yep, its all about the tinfoil.

You're being about as offensive as it gets on this topic.

thanks for that.

Comment

• someone got a problem with tin foil hats!?

Toronto is taken advantage of as essentially the US market. 1 out of 6.5 Canadians live in and around Toronto. They assume we will eat up mostly American content...and they are mostly correct. Someone made the calculation that the airwaves were best served on their current model. I don't see their internal metrics but I know they get an influx of hits on Canadian stories
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              someone got a problem with tin foil hats!?

Toronto is taken advantage of as essentially the US market. 1 out of 6.5 Canadians live in and around Toronto. They assume we will eat up mostly American content...and they are mostly correct. Someone made the calculation that the airwaves were best served on their current model. I don't see their internal metrics but I know they get an influx of hits on Canadian stories
              Honestly, why in the world would ESPN, the company, not the website, care all that much about Toronto? Their main business is their television product. We don't get ESPN up here. The website mostly mirrors what they show on TV - it goes hand in hand.

And the even better question. Who cares.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                Consider that Toronto and Montreal basically receive the same status as middling franchises in the mid west, yet carry the clout, and in most cases, much more clout than most of the teams in the US eastern seaboard not named NYC..... the situation is pretty plain to see..... consider this:

Fox Sports sportscaster Joe Buck attributes the shift to the economics of running a business. "If you think there is a perceived East Coast bias, guess what? You're right. That's where people are watching, that's were (sic) the numbers are."[8] ESPN ombudsman Le Anne Schreiber wrote that fans should forget about expecting equity in teams the network selects to broadcast. "It is long proven in NBA and NFL and MLB that spreading the wealth to 30 or 32 teams is a prescription for deflating ratings," said Len DeLuca, ESPN senior vice president for programming.
                The problem is that "Canada", for a few reasons, and YES, they exist, culturally and politically, is NOT included in the East coast bias bonanza. Never has been, never will be.

So Suck it Phaneuf.

Comment

• fizzle wrote: View Post
                  Honestly, why in the world would ESPN, the company, not the website, care all that much about Toronto? Their main business is their television product. We don't get ESPN up here. The website mostly mirrors what they show on TV - it goes hand in hand.

And the even better question. Who cares.
                  hahahaa

welcome to 2014, where web hits matter.

They take advantage of Toronto the same way the MLSE does..... they get maximum output with minimum input.

Do I need to explain this too?

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    someone got a problem with tin foil hats!?

I remember seeing a piece on this, its actually pretty big. Canada floods the ESPN email system and the chat pages for NBA stuff. Canadian internet savvy swamps the US in general so you're pretty bang on.

It gets frustrating when people make it out like youre crazy for talking about this stuff.... it isn't new, and its not anything more than fact.

Comment

• Comment

• we started 6 - 12 and are currently on pace to pull out a 50 win season after trading our "all star". If we were the Knicks, there would be no end to the fawning. Instead we are content with the occasional quip from Steve Kerr who makes us wet when he mentions us on a TNT broadcast
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• if you don't like the way espn covers canada, stop reading the site.

there are a lot of sites out there that provide plenty of canadian content, this one included.

if that's important to you, read tsn, sportsnet and zach lowe
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• its not so much important to me as it is important to agents and players. Exposure and marketability are concerns for professional basketball players. People talk about Durant in 16 (like it would happen) well...you better believe someone as some point is going to say something about the lack of exposure

Comment

• also, when toronto was actually a story, ie when they turned things around after the gay trade, there were raptors articles all up on espn, sportsillustrated, etc.

right now we're just a 3rd seed in the east, who would probably be 5th seed in a regular year, who have no shot at the conference finals. not too many compelling articles for the average reader there.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Does anyone know why ex-Raps Ed Davis was a DNP and James Johnson who has been playing well for the Griz came in for a min.?

Comment

Working...
                                X