Who has higher upside, JV or T-Ross?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has higher upside, JV or T-Ross?

Saw the article on bleacherreport and just wanted to here your guys' thoughts
    Terrence Ross
    50.00%
    JV
    50.00%
    #BringBackUzoh

That's a tough call. Both have had amazing singular performances throughout the season, but their inconsistency leaves alot to be desired in my opinion.

Can I just flip a coin?

Comment

I picked JV, purely because I believe the center position requires more learning and experience to master. I think PG and C are the two toughest spots of the starting five and it is not to be expected that a player will be excellent at either one without a lot of playing time.

I also think that excellence at the PG or Center position winds up having a larger impact on the eventual outcome of a game than either wing position. Just my opinion.

Comment

Ross-asin all the way
        I have my biases

EDIT: I got give it to JV tho, he saved our asses last night but thats his first in how long??? For me Terrence has been more consistent than JV so.....
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

I can't pick.

I like JV because C is the hardest position to fill.

I like Ross because he thrives on 3 and D.

Comment

both
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Really hard to tell, but I pick JV.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I really can't decide. They're my two favourite players and I'm equally biased towards both so ill null vote :P

Ross's floor is an elite 3 and D player, which actually is quite hard to find and highly sought after, but it's highly possible he could even be much more than that.

JV has a long road ahead of him, but I'm confident he'll be a very good center.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                  I really can't decide. They're my two favourite players and I'm equally biased towards both so ill null vote :P

Ross's floor is an elite 3 and D player, which actually is quite hard to find and highly sought after, but it's highly possible he could even be much more than that.

JV has a long road ahead of him, but I'm confident he'll be a very good center.
                  In Ross' reddit ama he agreed that he was similar to Paul George in terms of skill set. If he ends up being 75% of Paul George I'll be happy. He's more than a 3 and d already. Shown flashes of some passing skills and a mid range game. Size will help him get to the rim easier in traffic and the pick n roll will really open up opportunities for him. Shit, does that mean DD has to go to give more ball to TR?
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

I like them both but I picked JV because Ross is 2 years older then him. I want to see what JV looks like when he is 23 and has playoff experience under his belt
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      In Ross' reddit ama he agreed that he was similar to Paul George in terms of skill set. If he ends up being 75% of Paul George I'll be happy. He's more than a 3 and d already. Shown flashes of some passing skills and a mid range game. Size will help him get to the rim easier in traffic and the pick n roll will really open up opportunities for him. Shit, does that mean DD has to go to give more ball to TR?
                      Well yeah, if he is to realise his potential he'll need more opportunities to create of course. Like you I've noted the flashes of a passing game, and his mid to short jumpers and floaters when he gets in the lane show real soft touch, as you'd expect from him. He needs to get stronger to finish at the rim when he can't just explode over someone, but I'm not sure how much more weight his frame will add, not that much I wouldn't have thought.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                        I picked JV, purely because I believe the center position requires more learning and experience to master. I think PG and C are the two toughest spots of the starting five and it is not to be expected that a player will be excellent at either one without a lot of playing time.

I also think that excellence at the PG or Center position winds up having a larger impact on the eventual outcome of a game than either wing position. Just my opinion.
                        Tough call. I tend to agree with the bold though. Basically unless you have a truly elite wing player, C might be the most critical to consistent success. So I think, and really hope, it's JV.

I love Ross though. A guy who's a solid offensive 3 & D type player is also quite valuable. And what I like about both, and why I've been so against any ideas trading either of them, is that they both seem like good 2-way players in the making that could fit into literally any roster.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          I like them both but I picked JV because Ross is 2 years older then him. I want to see what JV looks like when he is 23 and has playoff experience under his belt
                          Good point.

Although JV is 1.25 years younger

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                            Interesting question.

If DeRozan can return valuable assets and flexibility then I think it has to be considered. Ross is not on par with DeRozan but the gap is narrowing and his skills are more valuable in my opinion.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Interesting question.

If DeRozan can return valuable assets and flexibility then I think it has to be considered. Ross is not on par with DeRozan but the gap is narrowing and his skills are more valuable in my opinion.
                              Also DeRozan is seen as a more valuable asset then Terrence right now. So if we were gonna trade one Id say DD because he would bring a lot more back then Ross. I could see a trade sorta like the one the pelicans and 76ers did on draft night. 76ers got a #6 pick in the 2013 draft and the Pelicans 1st rounder in 2014(protected). Im sure DD could bring us back the same package
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                              X