Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai tried; he really tried (Giannis 'Po)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masai tried; he really tried (Giannis 'Po)

Toronto's president and general manager, Masai Ujiri, tried frantically to find a deal to move into the top 15 and select Giannis, but nothing materialized.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/from-se...214309752.html
    Oh how I wish Masai was successful.

Great read.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Oh how I wish Masai was successful.

Great read.
    This shows that Masai Ujiri knows talent. Him being a former scout really makes me feel confident in the upcoming draft
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
      This shows that Masai Ujiri knows talent. Him being a former scout really makes me feel confident in the upcoming draft
      Same!
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Don't forget his assistant - Jeff Weltman. Also a scout and worked with Hammond in Milwaukee from 2008 until last year's draft.

Comment

Great article Matt.

Comment

What a shame, would have loved to have a kid like Giannis on the team
            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

I don't like Woj's writing. He always goes over the top. Either he openly insults people he doesn't like, or if it's a sympathetic article, then he tries to make the person look like Jesus.

But it's great to know that Ujiri liked Giannis so much.

Comment

Depressing article
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Im just happy to see that MU is putting in the effort to find and bring in young talent for this team. This can only mean wonderful things for this year's draft and the ones that follow.

We know all too much about his trading prowess, and if his drafting decisions are anywhere near as good as his trading decisions, that will give us all plenty of reasons to be happy.
                  I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                  -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Nice find. This puts the Lowry for 1st rounder (Steve Adams #12) in a whole new light. If we lose Lowry for nothing, and Giannis becomes Durant 2.0, then....

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                      Nice find. This puts the Lowry for 1st rounder (Steve Adams #12) in a whole new light. If we lose Lowry for nothing, and Giannis becomes Durant 2.0, then....
                      I think its saying to much that he will become Durant 2.0 talent like Durant dont come along every year. I agree that PO is talented but saying he maybe KD is too much

Comment

yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
                        I think its saying to much that he will become Durant 2.0 talent like Durant dont come along every year. I agree that PO is talented but saying he maybe KD is too much
                        Especially considering Durant was a bona fide stud before ever stepping foot on an NBA floor.

Comment

Good read, Matt.

Really puts things in perspective whenever we hear, "it's so hard for Toronto to attract free agents". All 'Po needs is a PS4 and some peanut butter and he's happy.

Comment

yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, that's true. I doubt that 'Po will end up anywhere near Durant. His shooting is unreal, and a lot of that foundation was developed when he was a kid - a critical development phase that 'Po missed out on. I could see 'Po ending up being more like an Andre Kirilenko type of high-end, disruptive defensive player with a good, but not elite offensive game.

Comment

Working...
                            X