Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#StopThePizza (Post #56 - sign the petition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #StopThePizza (Post #56 - sign the petition)

So the booing is getting a bit out of hand. Huge win, and it's not celebrated properly by the fans. Too bad.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/...game-promotion
    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

I didnt hear any boos.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Really? It was fairly obvious in my opinion. Strange sight to see people on their feet and clapping while hearing boos over pizza.

@clericalbeats

Comment

I was waiting for the boos, and I honestly didnt hear even one.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Worst. Promotion. Ever.

Comment

They were booing. That's why Devlin said "Vazquez did the right thing" and Jack replied "absolutely"

It's embarassing. It seriously needs to stop. And anyone here saw the "wave" while Lowry was shooting freethrows? what the hell was that all about??? that needs to stop too.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

I didn't hear any boos either. I don't think the general "fan" is that dumb. When we are at 99 Pts with 2 mins to go and don't break the century mark, there's going to be boos. In tonights game, Lowry hit a 3 with like 30 secs to go to give us 99. We got the ball back with 8 secs. Everyone knew that 100 was unattainable and I for one, didn't hear any boos.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                I didnt hear any boos.
                I can honestly say tonight was one of the worst night's all season (season ticket holder here). We heard SO many people in the upper levels booing after we missed the 100 pt marker as OUR boys were heading off the court (AFTER A BIG WIN)... Simply. Ridiculous. Please Please get rid of this pizza promo so people focus on WINS (set off confetti when we win with 100+ if you must, but keep it basketball specific. This. Promo. Must. End. ugh...)

Comment

WTF was the wave about when Lowry was shooting FT's, do it when the other team is shooting FT's not our know. Dumbass Fans lol

As for the boos i didnt hear any but the memphis announcers were talking about it, so the fans likey did boo. They should make it Raptors get pizza when they get a WIN not score 100
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

I spy my Twitter account in the article (@thekid_IT)

Simply put, the fans wouldn't be booing without the promotion in place, so that negates the "it's the fans that are the problem" theory.

Either remove it or make it a defensive number, like holding the opposition to under 90 points or something.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                      They should make it Raptors get pizza when they get a WIN not score 100
                      We're finally a good team, don't think that idea would go over to well with the head honchos at Pizza Pizza.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post

Simply put, the fans wouldn't be booing without the promotion in place, so that negates the "it's the fans that are the problem" theory.

Either remove it or make it a defensive number, like holding the opposition to under 90 points or something.

The problem with making it defensive is that it might not eliminate booing wins. Example: say Raps are up 109-89 and opponent has ball with under 24 seconds left. They will still try to score and Raps won't play any D. When the opponent scores to get to 91 and eliminate pizza, the boos will fall. If Raps play hard D in that situation it could be seen as showing up opponent. It's not an easy problem to solve based on score.

@clericalbeats

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
                          [/B]

The problem with making it defensive is that it might not eliminate booing wins. Example: say Raps are up 109-89 and opponent has ball with under 24 seconds left. They will still try to score and Raps won't play any D. When the opponent scores to get to 91 and eliminate pizza, the boos will fall. If Raps play hard D in that situation it could be seen as showing up opponent. It's not an easy problem to solve based on score.
                          mm, totally forgot it could go the other way too.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post

It's not "the fans" but it is some fans. There was no promotion in place to do the wave when Kyle was shooting his free throws. We've got a lot of real fans just like every other team, but we sure seem to have more dumb fan behaviour than any other team.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

How this idiotic promotion has not been remedied by now is beyond me. Booing for not getting this shitty pizza is like wearing a big sign that you were lobotomized and also had your taste buds burned off. At the end of great win like this we should be unanimously celebrating. Ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X