No announcement yet.

Game #67: Toronto Raptors 107 - New Orleans Pelicans 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raptors bench has been exposed for what it is. Salmons, Hayes and Novak don't have much to offer. Fields and Nando should be playing more. With Hansbro and Grievus you might have something. Obviously Patterson has been huge.

This also suggests another route for Raptors domination. Focus on improving your bench, and then your starters don't have to be as elite.
    Last edited by Puffer; Thu Mar 20, 2014, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• That was pretty terrible but hugely important. Seriously lucky Davis didn't play. Important that Hans and Amir both played over 35 mins as well. Anything more than 17 minutes of Hayes and i'd have been annoyed.

Salmons seems to be going from mediocre to terrible lately, I guess I wouldn't mind DeColo getting a good chunk of those minutes, at least he will move the ball and make decent decisions.

I'm really not a Vasquez fan at all, but he put the game away with a couple of big buckets, so I have to give him credit for that.
      Last edited by BigCamB; Thu Mar 20, 2014, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        The Raptors bench has been exposed for what it is. Salmons, Hayes and Novak don't have much to offer. Fields and Nando should be playing more. With Hansbro and Grievus you might have something. Obviously Patterson has been huge.

This also suggests another route for Raptors domination. Focus on improving your bench, and then your starters don't have to bed as elite.
        Pretty sure a bunch of us have been saying this for a while. Solid bench players are often not recognized for their importance.

Comment

• Feels like the Raptors D is slipping. Can't blame Patterson for that since he comes off the bench. JV didn't play and Amir was banged up but this is when the D really has to step up. Need to retain that defensive focus for the playoffs.. only way you're going to survive.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            It's true. I do get to low off of loses but I just don't think the lose of Patterson should be hurting us THAT much defensively. It just seems like we aren't giving the right amount of effort on that end to start games and we assume we can always make a comeback. Against the Pelicans of the world (with no Davis) yes but not against OKC or even Atlanta.
            Absolutely we need improved overall team defensive effort.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
              raps have still yet to lose more than 3 in a row since the rudy trade.
              2 in a row. They haven't lost 3 in a row yet.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
              X