Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oklahoma City Thunder @ Toronto Raptors. March 21st 2014, 7:00 pm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Then why did you bother watching the game today if you thought they never had a chance?! we all know that the Thunder are a better more superior team but part of watching the exciting game is watching a lesser underdog rise above and play above their pay grade. Today they did just that for 57 minutes but alas the extra minute killed them or the guy with the fish last name.
    Because if they play like this for 4 out of 7 nights against anyone in the Eastern conference not named the Heat or Pacers, we'll be on to round 2 knowing we can give the next team a fight. I'm as gutted as the next guy but I refuse to believe that one low percentage shot should be the difference between seeing this team tonight as a runaway success or an abject failure. To put it into context, here's the difference in why we lost tonight (courtesy of ESPN stats)

"Durant's game winning 3-pointer with :01 left in 2 OT was from 31 feet, tied for the longest made 3 in his career. Durant hit four 3-pointers in the 4th quarter and OT from 27+ feet. He had never made more than two 3-pointers from such distances in a game in his career."

We're talking about the greatest or second greatest player in the world doing something even he has never done. If the pixie dust didn't land on him, we'd all be getting happy drunk tonight instead of sad drunk. I'd be more pissed if they were blown out by double digits.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Hes' clearly physically worn. That's the biggest reason I don't get why Casey won't sit him. The worsening of his season not surprisingly coincides with when his back issues were first reported about a month ago (forget the exact game, but it was something like 3 or 4 weeks ago).

He was already shit on the 2nd night of back-to-backs before that because of his age. Now he's playing with that and a bad back that I'd bet he hasn't shaken at all. They've gotta just sit him for at least a week or two. It's fine to like Salmons. He gave us some good things when he was fresh after the trade. But it's stupid to play him at this point. If Casey likes him, he's gotta know that, as you say, he'll feel like he needs him for the playoffs....but nobody needs THIS John Salmons for the playoffs. Gotta sit him and let him get his body right.
      Yeah good point.. his play this past stretch of 5-6 games just reminded me of how Rasual Butler played back in the year we were trying to tank. I don't think Casey rests him until Patterson comes back though or unless Salmons requests some time off (which I don't see him doing).

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Oh well. At least Casey now knows that he can't trust Salmons in that situation right? right?
        I hope so. I posted earlier in this shitstorm of a thread that it is the only good thing that can really come from this loss. Casey has to realize Salmons needs to be benched. At minimum if for no other reason than to find out if all he needs is time to get his body right.

Comment

Raptors:

Don't sleep with the salmons.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Because if they play like this for 4 out of 7 nights against anyone in the Eastern conference not named the Heat or Pacers, we'll be on to round 2 knowing we can give the next team a fight. I'm as gutted as the next guy but I refuse to believe that one low percentage shot should be the difference between seeing this team tonight as a runaway success or an abject failure. To put it into context, here's the difference in why we lost tonight (courtesy of ESPN stats)

"Durant's game winning 3-pointer with :01 left in 2 OT was from 31 feet, tied for the longest made 3 in his career. Durant hit four 3-pointers in the 4th quarter and OT from 27+ feet. He had never made more than two 3-pointers from such distances in a game in his career."

We're talking about the greatest or second greatest player in the world doing something even he has never done. If the pixie dust didn't land on him, we'd all be getting happy drunk tonight instead of sad drunk. I'd be more pissed if they were blown out by double digits.
            Maybe KD loves playing at the ACC... hey Kevin in 2 years you can sign with Toronto and play here for at least 41 times a year

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Because if they play like this for 4 out of 7 nights against anyone in the Eastern conference not named the Heat or Pacers, we'll be on to round 2 knowing we can give the next team a fight.
              The problem is that this team does not play above their lower competition, they almost lost it to New Orleans without freaking Anthony Davis 2 days ago and because they don't play above their competition they aren't going to be leaving the first round.

Comment

The problem is that this team does not play above their lower competition, they almost lost it to New Orleans without freaking Anthony Davis 2 days ago and because they don't play above their competition they aren't going to be leaving the first round.
                Very true....any losses in the next three will destroy any of the progress of tonight's game.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  I hope so. I posted earlier in this shitstorm of a thread that it is the only good thing that can really come from this loss. Casey has to realize Salmons needs to be benched. At minimum if for no other reason than to find out if all he needs is time to get his body right.
                  As much as I want to believe that you heard Casey at the post game presser he said salmons is a vet and Im sure johnny is gonna get 20min a game
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Oh and by the way guys and gals, the utter ineptitude we saw the last forty seconds of this game, get used to that, because that's what THE ENTIRE PLAYOFFS ARE GOING TO BE
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Nothing worse than having all your significant players battle it out for a full game and 2 overtimes only to have a guy who doesn't matter, come in and ruin everything. Salmons negated all the effort his teammates made for the entire game in that final minute. And thank you Casey for putting him out there. Salmons has become the new Alan Anderson. Masai trades players away to give Ross more playing time and Ross still doesn't get playing time..

Comment

• At least KD said our crowd was like hell and he said he couldn't handle another OT in that arena
                        That's why he went for the deep 3

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Blame it on Joey_Hesketh....he was there too!
                          When we were up 8 in the 2nd OT, I maaay have turned and started trash talking the Asian Couple wearing Thunder Jerseys ... Stupid Karma.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            When we were up 8 in the 2nd OT, I maaay have turned and started trash talking the Asian Couple wearing Thunder Jerseys ... Stupid Karma.
                            They do have passionate fans .... but wtf is that.....

Comment

They do have passionate fans .... but wtf is that.....

The white chuck hayes in the front

Comment

• Man.

I missed the game, just saw the score now. What happened?

Comment

Working...
                                X