Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oklahoma City Thunder @ Toronto Raptors. March 21st 2014, 7:00 pm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
    dont disagree with that either. now we know what brooklyn felt like when they were about to win and turned it over with the patman shooting a jumper for the win, even after several misses beforehand including an airball 3.
    I think the thing that frustrates everyone the most is Casey's insistence on having Salmons in the game. I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but the dude has clearly not been "right" physically for around 3-4 weeks. And especially since it's resulted in his jumper being completely unreliable, why not put Fields in? Or even De Colo? Salmons with no legs or jumper is definitely not better than a fresh Fields.

I have no problem with Casey liking Salmons. He gave us good things in the mid-season stretch where we played well. But if he wants to rely on him, especially in the playoffs, he's gotta find a way to get him fresh, and accept that this might mean not playing him for a week, or even two. A worn out Salmons....well he looks terrible out there. Jason Kapono-like D with Rasual Butler-like O....it's just brutal

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      You could look at it that way.

You can also look at it as we only needed to execute on one play after the 1st 3 pointer to cement the win and didn't manage to do that.

You could also look at it as the only thing we had to do on that inbounds play was get the ball to Lowry or DeMar. Salmons fucked up the inbounds, then miraculously recovered it, and then looked off Lowry who was right beside him and could've easily taken a little handoff pass. Not to mention we had timeouts, so really, the first thing that should've happened and didn't was Salmons or Casey shoulda called one right away when the pass to DeMar or Lowry wasn't there.

It was embarrassingly bad execution down the stretch. I don't care if you're the Sixers or Bucks. Losing an 8 pt lead when you are fully in control is very very bad.
      No doubt.

However, I think all of the young guys on the team (who are the only ones who matter) will be better off after this. You need these experiences to grow. The searing pain of this kind of loss is an excellent teacher.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I think the thing that frustrates everyone the most is Casey's insistence on having Salmons in the game. I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but the dude has clearly not been "right" physically for around 3-4 weeks. And especially since it's resulted in his jumper being completely unreliable, why not put Fields in? Or even De Colo? Salmons with no legs or jumper is definitely not better than a fresh Fields.

I have no problem with Casey liking Salmons. He gave us good things in the mid-season stretch where we played well. But if he wants to rely on him, especially in the playoffs, he's gotta find a way to get him fresh, and accept that this might mean not playing him for a week, or even two. A worn out Salmons....well he looks terrible out there. Jason Kapono-like D with Rasual Butler-like O....it's just brutal
        I love the way you think. Everything you've said I agree with. I guess you deliver your points better than I do. I just feel if my points have truth to it that's all that should matter, not my delivery. Maybe it makes me come off as a troll but trust me I am not. It's just frustrating seeing this team lose close game after close game. Also someone spoke about the rebounding. I have been saying that for a while as well. Two overtime games we've lost now because we couldn't secure a rebound (Washington and now OKC). It's really sad how bad our rebounding has gotten since the beginning of the season. And it's not like we have Bargnani's on our team so I don't understand why we keep making mental mistake after mental mistake every time we're in a close game. To me that's not learning. But I have faith that a loss like this will put us in the right direction because if a lose like this can't change you I don't know what will.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Do you guys know were historically bad in close games?

We have lost an NBA record 10 straight games in OT at home!

Now that's ridiculous
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Lost amidst the agony of last night's defeat was this:

That game had absolutely putrid officiating, both ways.

The offensive foul call against Greivis on Durant may be the single worst crunch time call I've ever seen in my life.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              No doubt.

However, I think all of the young guys on the team (who are the only ones who matter) will be better off after this. You need these experiences to grow. The searing pain of this kind of loss is an excellent teacher.
              To add to this point, yes, losing an 8 pt lead when you are in control is very bad but…..there has to be some context as to how you lost it. Defensively, did they blow a coverage? Did they get beat to the rim? Did they forget to box out? No, KD banked in a deep three, old man fisher hit a three after being cold all night (yes, we have seen that before) and then KD launches a prayer from as far as he ever successfully has. Regardless of the fact that an incredibly low percentage trifecta came together, the raps could play the same sequence of plays over again and again and they would win most often. That's what the season is for. Hopefully it's what the playoffs are for.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                They do have passionate fans .... but wtf is that.....

A parody of the Wizard of Oz ....character connections to Oklahoma

Comment

more doom and gloom from GLF? BIG SURPRISE!!!!
                  He is not off base. We are going to lose third seed play Chicago or Brooklyn in first round and be out in 5-6.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    But his doom and gloom is something to be worried about, this team has shown numerous times that we cannot win close games. Its a combination of Casey and the players just making bone head plays
                    And the logical conclusion is lose in first round of playoffs.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                      He is not off base. We are going to lose third seed play Chicago or Brooklyn in first round and be out in 5-6.
                      Based on what? Everything the raptors have done this season has been contrary to any expectations/predictions.

What's the supposed "best" outcome you're looking for? Playing Washington who also beat us in OT?

Comment

Based on what? Everything the raptors have done this season has been contrary to any expectations/predictions.

What's the supposed "best" outcome you're looking for? Playing Washington who also beat us in OT?
                        Based off the fact that we can't consistently win close games and have proven it all season. While Chicago and Brooklyn can. Mainly because they're a veteran team and knows what it takes and Brooklyn has players that can hit those dagger shots. Aka Paul Pierce, Deron Williams and Joe Johnson. They've done it all their careers. We have none. The playoffs are all about executing down the stretch and we have players and a coach who clearly struggle with that time and time again. Obviously nothing is for sure and anything can happen but history so far this season and especially recently isn't boding well for us.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

what was the bone head play that cost us? salmons poor inbounding didnt cost us anything. what cost us was just his unlucky misses at the line and 3 extremely lucky 3 pointers in a row from OKC, all of which were defended pretty well. KD is a superstar. this is what he does. we don't have one.

boohooohoo a contender in the west won in double OT with 3 insane clutch 3 pointers in a row. yah thats a big worry for a young, good but not super great raptors team.
                          This sums up my feelings. Thanks bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            Why would we be surprised? He's never, ever been a good clutch shooter.

And to stop it before it starts: yes, Demar had a wonderful game. No, we would not have been there at the end if it wasn't for him. Kudos to him for that.

But he's bad in the clutch. Those ten straight home overtime losses - those have come under his watch.
                            I agree with you 100%

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                              Based off the fact that we can't consistently win close games and have proven it all season. While Chicago and Brooklyn can. Mainly because they're a veteran team and knows what it takes and Brooklyn has players that can hit those dagger shots. Aka Paul Pierce, Deron Williams and Joe Johnson. They've done it all their careers. We have none. The playoffs are all about executing down the stretch and we have players and a coach who clearly struggle with that time and time again. Obviously nothing is for sure and anything can happen but history so far this season and especially recently isn't boding well for us.
                              We don't win close games? so how do you account for our winning record then or are you saying every winning game we've played were blowout games?

Comment

• I was impressed Valanciunas played 45 minutes tonight, that's like 2 games in a row for him. His offence was awful as he kept missing easy shots but his rebounding was big in the 4th/overtimes.

I'm even more impressed Casey elected to play him 45 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X